Gorilla Bomb

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

View attachment 697701 Bubble Haze is a winner. Size of these heads.
oh ya your way up into that light!!!! Those heads are swolled like that because of elongation from the heat stress. It does that to cool the bud in high temps. It also degrades the tricomes, which in turn reduces potency. When it dries it will even more noticeable... my first 3 grows was exactly like that and i even have 1 or 2 tops now that have some heat stress, that are right under the light. I run open reflectors just like yours too, so we really have to pay attention... what is your total max height you have to work with.
from floor to light i have 5' not a lot...

Stoney M

Stoney M

oh ya your way up into that light!!!! Those heads are swolled like that because of elongation from the heat stress. It does that to cool the bud in high temps. It also degrades the tricomes, which in turn reduces potency. When it dries it will even more noticeable... my first 3 grows was exactly like that and i even have 1 or 2 tops now that have some heat stress, that are right under the light. I run open reflectors just like yours too, so we really have to pay attention... what is your total max height you have to work with.
from floor to light i have 5' not a lot...
I had extreme RH at night for a couple weeks in the first 2 weeks of flower. Tent wasn't dialled in properly. Before the lights turned on at midnight it was drawing in so much cold air I had to manually work on the in and out switch it on for 15 off for 45 and so on till a timer arrived. That for sure is why they stretched further than I wanted. Tent size is 1.2 x 2 x 2. And the bubble Haze has almost reached 5"10" lol

Stoney M

Stoney M

I had extreme RH at night for a couple weeks in the first 2 weeks of flower. Tent wasn't dialled in properly. Before the lights turned on at midnight it was drawing in so much cold air I had to manually work on the in and out switch it on for 15 off for 45 and so on till a timer arrived. That for sure is why they stretched further than I wanted. Tent size is 1.2 x 2 x 2. And the bubble Haze has almost reached 5"10" lol
It was hitting 90+% RH and even maxed out at one point

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

and you couldnt turn off the fan are the rh would rise right? Ya you need a dehuey, which will also heat up your tent when lights are out! But that fox tailing isnt from rh, its from temps at canopy level, and the only way you are gonna deal with that, is to keep lights 18 - 24 inches away from the top of canopy... so lsting, scrogging, is usually your only tool, and GOOD GENETICS...
Well im jumping on a train here in a few hrs and taking a mini trip for the night so hopefully this train has wifi like it said it would!

Stoney M

Stoney M

Yes that makes total sense to me, thanks bro. Something I've been working on with new Secret Jardin fans recently purchased to help combat the heat issue around the canopy. Just seemed to be a hotspot in the corner where this plant is situated. And I only clocked yesterday the extraction is about 140 m2 ph short of the tents target rate... Damn
I thought a 6" would be too much tbh, that would need a high power 5" or slightly less powerful 6" intake :/

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112362905687

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yes that makes total sense to me, thanks bro. Something I've been working on with new Secret Jardin fans recently purchased to help combat the heat issue around the canopy. Just seemed to be a hotspot in the corner where this plant is situated. And I only clocked yesterday the extraction is about 140 m2 ph short of the tents target rate... Damn
I thought a 6" would be too much tbh, that would need a high power 5" or slightly less powerful 6" intake :/

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112362905687
u need a min of a 440 cfm extraction fan, and just open the vents at the bottom of the tent. what room is your tent in? is there a window in there? is that room enclosed?

Stoney M

Stoney M

u need a min of a 440 cfm extraction fan, and just open the vents at the bottom of the tent. what room is your tent in? is there a window in there? is that room enclosed?
Tents in our main bedroom next to me like a huge wardrobe. Windows always open to regulate my mother and cutting section. That's just pulling air through the bottom of the tent . . I've been in their for over 90 mins adjusting air flow and I've got it between 77* and 78* all round. Took a bit of time probe every sq ft of the tent but worth it.

Stoney M

Stoney M

Intake is 4" 350+ m2 and out is around the 440 m2 5" can fan. I lengthened the intake as smell was slightly leaking. I added more ducting to where it was sucking from. That's seemed to have done the trick. May need to upgrade to a 600mm long filter rather than the 450mm

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Windows always open to regulate my mother and cutting section.
what do u mean regulate it... guess im not following? we
Intake is 4" 350+ m2 and out is around the 440 m2. I lengthened the intake as smell was slightly leaking. I added more ducting to where it was sucking from. That's seemed to have done the trick. May need to upgrade to a 600mm long filter rather than the 450mm
the only real place you need to probe temp is directly under light 3 inches above canopy... thats the temp u need to be concerned with..

Stoney M

Stoney M

Regulate to keep air flowing through. (Mother tent only has a low power 4 inch inline pulling air into it via carbon filter.
3 inches above canopy. (That's above the tent for a couple plants) I'll be a lot happier working from clones next time round. Seeds seem to shoot up too much and become a bit stemmy and elongated. :(

Stoney M

Stoney M

Regulate to keep air flowing through. (Mother tent only has a low power 4 inch inline pulling air into it via carbon filter.
3 inches above canopy. (That's above the tent for a couple plants) I'll be a lot happier working from clones next time round. Seeds seem to shoot up too much and become a bit stemmy and elongated. :(
Thanks for your advice though :) I think I left them too long to veg, not knowing how they'd perform compared to the cheese I'm used too.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Thanks for your advice though :) I think I left them too long to veg, not knowing how they'd perform compared to the cheese I'm used too.
That is why every grow we get better, because we notice more and more stuff each time... And your welcome... Some ppl i like helping, others not so much... Im a boss at work, and its the same way... Usually it depends on weather they want to hear what they did wrong or not,,,

Stoney M

Stoney M

IMG 3347
IMG 3348
I think we're almost ready :))

Latest posts

Top Bottom