got banned as well

• Thread starter The OrigFred
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squiggly

squiggly

I agree and disagree. It does say a lot that the runner of the site lets you disagree, but to say there aren't cliques here that constantly bash and negate everything said yet they still have a "following" isn't true. I understand it takes a lot of money and time to keep this running and I have a ton if respect for anyone willing to put it that time, and can understand the interests here. I do find humor that a lot of the "big hitters" on this site don't even buy the beans from here. And if they do they're given as testers so they don't pay jack really. Unless they just hoard all those packs and never speak about em.
3gb

I dunno about all that other shit you said--but there is definitely some clique-iness going on here at the farm. That appears to have calmed down somewhat since I took a step back, but it's one of the things that has kept me from fully stepping back in--so to speak.

This used to be my first destination any time I jumped on the computer (a lot) for almost two years solid. One of my favorite things to do, really. Unfortunately it was made pretty clear to me at one point or another that whatever contributions I might've made didn't trump certain elements here. That prompted me pretty quickly to end my overt contributions. These days I show up when someone pokes into my thread or sends me a PM (which alerts me on my phone).

Since that time I've mostly taken a speak when spoken to approach here at the farm unless while checking up on a question I happen accross a thread that catches my eye. I still love the work that goes on here and the community taken as a whole rather than in parts, and for that reason I would never stop answering PMs asking me for help or close down my "help" thread. The thought crossed my mind initially that I should "mop up" all my contributions as well, but in the end who does that really hurt? No one but the people who actually appreciate what I've had to offer. In any community, online or otherwise, there are always going to be favored elements, cliquey elements, and so on. It's just a fact of life.

Now, that said--I don't wanna come off as downing the farm. This is the end-all-be-all hub for cannabis information on the web, hands down full stop. That's BECAUSE of the community, not in spite of it. I can personally attest that there's virtually no censorship here that isn't done for a very good reason. That goes for all of the dumb shit I've said and participated in just the same as anyone else's drivel--and that's probably the best thing about the farm all said and considered. There is an even hand running the show here at the end of the day (@logic ) and to my mind the dude has earned his name.

My best advice is that if you do encounter the cliquey elements here--just rise above them. Fighting them is an uphill battle not worth undertaking and it could very well ruin an awesome thing for you, by your own hand, the same way it did for me. As they say, when you point a finger three point back at you. All of the shit that ruined my experience could've been avoided had I just, well, avoided it.

Far as ICMAG goes: ICMAG is total dogshit and I hope its servers burn down in a fire.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

I dunno about all that other shit you said--but there is definitely some clique-iness going on here at the farm. That appears to have calmed down somewhat since I took a step back, but it's one of the things that has kept me from fully stepping back in--so to speak.

This used to be my first destination any time I jumped on the computer (a lot) for almost two years solid. One of my favorite things to do, really. Unfortunately it was made pretty clear to me at one point or another that whatever contributions I might've made didn't trump certain elements here. That prompted me pretty quickly to end my overt contributions. These days I show up when someone pokes into my thread or sends me a PM (which alerts me on my phone).

Since that time I've mostly taken a speak when spoken to approach here at the farm unless while checking up on a question I happen accross a thread that catches my eye. I still love the work that goes on here and the community taken as a whole rather than in parts, and for that reason I would never stop answering PMs asking me for help or close down my "help" thread. The thought crossed my mind initially that I should "mop up" all my contributions as well, but in the end who does that really hurt? No one but the people who actually appreciate what I've had to offer. In any community, online or otherwise, there are always going to be favored elements, cliquey elements, and so on. It's just a fact of life.

Now, that said--I don't wanna come off as downing the farm. This is the end-all-be-all hub for cannabis information on the web, hands down full stop. That's BECAUSE of the community, not in spite of it. I can personally attest that there's virtually no censorship here that isn't done for a very good reason. That goes for all of the dumb shit I've said and participated in just the same as anyone else's drivel--and that's probably the best thing about the farm all said and considered. There is an even hand running the show here at the end of the day (@logic ) and to my mind the dude has earned his name.

My best advice is that if you do encounter the cliquey elements here--just rise above them. Fighting them is an uphill battle not worth undertaking and it could very well ruin an awesome thing for you, by your own hand, the same way it did for me. As they say, when you point a finger three point back at you. All of the shit that ruined my experience could've been avoided had I just, well, avoided it.

Far as ICMAG goes: ICMAG is total dogshit and I hope its servers burn down in a fire.
At some point a bunch of know it all, whiney ass, Colorado basement growers rolled through here. You just gotta ignore those fools

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

At some point a bunch of know it all, whiney ass, Colorado basement growers rolled through here. You just gotta ignore those fools
I for one am doing my part to educate those new CO growers.
Remember we were all new at one time. I think most of the time it's excitement that comes across as braggadocio, and early 20-somethings by human nature should have a hard-on for anything they're doing in life. Haven't seen/heard much whining; it's the "master grower" title they bestow upon themselves after one successful crop that tends to get under the skin.
If they would only master "cheesing", they would be awesome additions to the community! :-)

squiggly

squiggly

My problems cropped up more with the "establishment" type folks, but that's neither here nore there--bygones being bygones as they are. I'm a guy who actually likes to see noobs. I get my rocks off helping people. I only grind my gears against people who get theirs off tearing others down--but that's a discussion for another day.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Are you fucking kidding me? How low is he going to stoop? He can contact ME directly, he's got my email, if he wants to talk about it. What? The? Fuck?

Fuck 'em. Fuck 'em all.

C

crocodile og

Yeah they are nothing but punks on ICMAG.

Its a shill site. All just to sell shitty seeds for gypsy so he can offshore the money and end up in prison. Karmas a bitch.

The moderators are apathetic at best. They allow trolling galore because they just dont give a fuck. All they care about is the prestige of being "somebody".

There really isnt anything to see without having to wade through pages of crap from noobs and armchair attorneys.

What I like. No I mean love about THC Farmer is the good vibes, respect, sharing of accurate information and a real sense of community here.

You can tell that the members have great buds and healthy gardens because they either are so happy they don't want to fight or simply don't have time for it because they are actually living the dream not doing single plant CFL micro grows.

Much love to all xxx :D

C

crocodile og

Is this site a seed company, if so what are they called?
Never heard anyone talking about thcfarmer seeds before.
Or do they just make money advertising other seed companies?

Its more a community of information sharing.

Take a look a THC Bayfor seeds. The button is at the top of the page.

squiggly

squiggly

The site offers seeds from many breeders.

If you want seeds from the person who runs the site, look at Divine Genetics--those are his. The rest come from outside breeders.

draco

draco

do your research. you have much to learn grasshopper...

e4ian

e4ian

I never got banned from there!! :D. Lmao

Didn't! F..... Guest lol

e4ian

e4ian

When your banned photos stay up! But Not when ya leave and become a guest

On the blue meanie thread I left and became a guest, LOL 15 pages ltr I see I'm banned!? #%^*+!! Must of let slip my identity eh :D

Yea ip ban!? Use Proxy server ;)

Disguised

Disguised

I saw a thread started this morning by a long time member about icmag being boring now or something like that. I thought to myself, this is not going to end well. Came home after work, and sure enough the OP was banned haha. No idea what happened in the thread though. It's long gone of course. Or if it's just a temp ban. No idea.

I requested my account to be deleted a while back, and the powers that be PM'ed that it would not be deleted because I shouldn't want to leave :wideyed:

DaFatBoy

DaFatBoy

I saw a thread started this morning by a long time member about icmag being boring now or something like that. I thought to myself, this is not going to end well. Came home after work, and sure enough the OP was banned haha. No idea what happened in the thread though. It's long gone of course. Or if it's just a temp ban. No idea.

I requested my account to be deleted a while back, and the powers that be PM'ed that it would not be deleted because I shouldn't want to leave :wideyed:
That is pretty creepy

OLDproLg

OLDproLg

Just went back myself....

ONLY TO SEE n FEEL the SAME OLD SHIT.

weeners having dick fights,calling names n what not.

WE ALL NEED A BIGGER BETTER PLACE AGAIN!
to bad their is only a handful here?

NOT BORED,just didnt want the trolls game to be
a success hahaha suckers,im back into BOTH sites i was banned from,by telling the TRUTH!!
place is slow as heck also huh..
peace,LG

Disguised

Disguised

I don't think some people mind being banned. Or maybe they view ICmag as being worth the trouble. Why I have no idea. I've seen more than one person that were posting here in disgust after being supposedly unjustly banned that just went back to ICmag started new accounts and continued business as usual.

urban1026835

urban1026835

I may have an account but I rarely even lurk there and honestly I don't know what is there that is not here or other canna forums.

There are gems in the grow world on every site under many handles so really get in where you fit in.

OLDproLg

OLDproLg

As for the trolls that fucked me at ic,

THEY GOT SMASHED hahahaa,that made my day!!
Well, 1 mean grandiose mutha fucka anyhow.....
the other still needs his day,but im sure he will get
it too.....to many smart ass jealous bastards at ic.
peace..

grayarea

grayarea

A bunch of chickas and sadomaso videos..come on mate..

mod just banned me because of issues he has with his sexuality . i dont understand why mods would pm stuff like that to members and think its ok . its one thing if he wants to talk about sex with me in a place im comfortable with but its a disgusting and horrible feeling to have him corner me in a place where he knows he is in more control then me and allso ignore everything i say to him at the same time .

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom