Grand Daddy Purp Attempt 2

• Thread starter LuccaDaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X.rm

X.rm

Nah bro, the C at the end there was a type-O... but calmag is good, i just think that your going to run into trouble adding all those nutes to soil. Theyre going to bind and lockout appear like a deficiency and your gonna feed more and worsen the problem. That chart is for hydroponic grow. The soil shouldnt be depleted of its own nutrients for some time and if you use a big enough container you might not need to fertilize at all. Seriously, either try releasing the nutes already in the soil or supplement with organic nutes and minerals.

X.rm

X.rm

The topping, pruning, training advice is solid though. Follow up on it. And hit me up anytime. .. Shiiiiet. ..

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

The topping, pruning, training advice is solid though. Follow up on it. And hit me up anytime. .. Shiiiiet. ..
definately will do man, but what you think about my thoughts on flushing again this weekend and doing week three again an continuing normally after that? hoping that when I check on her today no more nute burn characteristics are gonna be new. it seems the leaves that had already started only continue to get worse at a very slow rate after my flush last Sunday. first hydro grow so im new to this.

So yea this Sunday I will flush and repeat week 3 and continue on as normal. gonna post a pic later so be sure to check it

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Can you over flush? my nutes say to do a full flush every 2 weeks for an hour. is it ok if I do a 3 hour flush to get ride of this nute lockout then do a 1 hour flush each week? will that totally solve any nute lockup problems? thus girl went 3 weeks with no flush, and one flush didnt do it completly kus the new growth is showing nute lock signs still

20160513 1845471
20160513 1846031
X.rm

X.rm

Your doing DWC, so i dont think you even need to flush for so long unless the shallow reservoir of water in the bottom isn't being exchanged regularly. To be honest i have never done DWC, but if i wer too i think i would opt for recirculating DWC, however i have seen the same problem and its been either a P or a severe boron or manganese deficiency or lockout. I would flush once and quuckly feed with micronutrients and B1, either superthrive, revive or liquid karma. Do a foliar feed an hour before lights on. But i wouldn't recommend any more flushing. Theres not going to be much residue after the first flush. I personally flush every 3 to 4 weeks. And the last 2 weeks. In rockwool i used to flush more often but that was ebb and flood. Try the micro and foliar applicstion and start revving the ppm's slowly but dont be afraid either. That's definitely not nute burn. Thats for sure.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Your doing DWC, so i dont think you even need to flush for so long unless the shallow reservoir of water in the bottom isn't being exchanged regularly. To be honest i have never done DWC, but if i wer too i think i would opt for recirculating DWC, however i have seen the same problem and its been either a P or a severe boron or manganese deficiency or lockout. I would flush once and quuckly feed with micronutrients and B1, either superthrive, revive or liquid karma. Do a foliar feed an hour before lights on. But i wouldn't recommend any more flushing. Theres not going to be much residue after the first flush. I personally flush every 3 to 4 weeks. And the last 2 weeks. In rockwool i used to flush more often but that was ebb and flood. Try the micro and foliar applicstion and start revving the ppm's slowly but dont be afraid either. That's definitely not nute burn. Thats for sure.
Thanks man, but actually throughout my entire grow this time Ive created a new style of nute lockout. Picture a hydro setup with soil nutes.....she only.looks this good now because of all other conditions were met perfectly...so it seems to appear. Look through all the posts an youll see whats up

X.rm

X.rm

Thanks man, but actually throughout my entire grow this time Ive created a new style of nute lockout. Picture a hydro setup with soil nutes.....she only.looks this good now because of all other conditions were met perfectly...so it seems to appear. Look through all the posts an youll see whats up
Please, tell me you did not use miracle gro ?!?

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Alright guys so I got the proper Grow Big nute for HYDRO....which is formulated to prevent nute lockout....been using the Grow Big for SOIL....which is more than twice str than the HYDRO formulae in some areas....so even going half strength GROW BIG for SOIL nutes is still too strong and causes lockup issues in HYDRO....../smh, fingers crossed this does the trick. gonna hope for a full recovery an back to vigorous growth by the end of the week.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

this is Fox Farm Grow Big for Hydro.....spread the word so nobody scratches their head so much like I did for 2 weeks, got a damn sore place...

20160514 1943561
LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Aight guys, flushed and did 1/3 nutrient strength of week 3 regimen, so I gave exactly what you see on the scedhule. 3 teaspoons Grow Big and Big Bloom and .5 teaspoon of the Microbe Brew for an easy come back. so lets see how she is looking next weekend. Thanks for all help and advice. think ima wait to top an prune till this weekend, she has already been under stress.

Keep an eye on us :)

20160514 2141371
20160514 2140251
LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Not sure that tin foil is a good idea, that's gonna reflect light in weird ways
Isnt any reflection directed back to the plant a good thing over all? Please correct me if im wrong. But it was originally to keep the light from creeping to some roots in the root basket...not that were ever any poking up but....

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Naw, I'm pretty sure the cells that convert light to energy ( chromataphores?!?) are only on the top of the leaves. I think it's possible to burn the undersides of the leaves.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Naw, I'm pretty sure the cells that convert light to energy ( chromataphores?!?) are only on the top of the leaves. I think it's possible to burn the undersides of the leaves.
Well then I shall find a paper plate or something. Thanks man, odd nobody else has said something right?

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Yeah , forums are weird sometimes. I see others cover their medium but with black or something non reflective, people use hay with soil and outdoors . Look at other peoples grow diaries who are doing hydro and see what they are doing , is my best advice , ask questions in their thread and such

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Yeah , forums are weird sometimes. I see others cover their medium but with black or something non reflective, people use hay with soil and outdoors . Look at other peoples grow diaries who are doing hydro and see what they are doing , is my best advice , ask questions in their thread and such
Thanks dude

Top Bottom