Grand Daddy Purp Attempt 2

• Thread starter LuccaDaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Ok so update guys so you can see Ive still got a healthy plant, but now I cant seem to get the pH undercontrol and I think its do to this brown junk. I flushed on Tuesday and today my roots look this way. I did add the Microbe Brew as the schedule week 3 said but I dont think ima use it anymore. its over 2 years old anyways...not sure if that makes a diffrence but anyhow here she is

20160519 2034561
20160519 2028311
20160519 2017351
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Ok so update guys so you can see Ive still got a healthy plant, but now I cant seem to get the pH undercontrol and I think its do to this brown junk. I flushed on Tuesday and today my roots look this way. I did add the Microbe Brew as the schedule week 3 said but I dont think ima use it anymore. its over 2 years old anyways...not sure if that makes a diffrence but anyhow here she is
I def wouldn't use 2year old nutes again. And hydroguard is made by botanicare. It's 2ml per gal, clear liquid that's a bacteria. The bacteria is more robust then ask the other bacteria that would be in your res do it takes over. It also eats dead root matter and it helps digest nutes so roots take it up better. The results soak for themselves

Last edited:
LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Just,so,sick of this deficiency that ready to pull my hair out...... but why,would my pH be stablizing around 8 ph after 1-2 hours would that microbe brew be the cuplrit? Kus I did a full flush, then fresh res with 1/2 teaspoon of it and normal everything else

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Just,so,sick of this deficiency that ready to pull my hair out...... but why,would my pH be stablizing around 8 ph after 1-2 hours would that microbe brew be the cuplrit? Kus I did a full flush, then fresh res with 1/2 teaspoon of it and normal everything else
Idk anything about the tea. But your Ph should never get that high that fast. Only time my Ph rises like that is if there is a slime issue or if it's the end of the week and time for a change. I really recommend dropping the tea and adding hydroguard. What air pumps are you running?​

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

The new growth looks good to me those ugly leaves will prob stay ugly. I'd just remove if they bug you. I'd say keep up what you were doing before the tea and then add hg. I haven't read back and looked at the nutes your using or any other details.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Idk anything about the tea. But your Ph should never get that high that fast. Only time my Ph rises like that is if there is a slime issue or if it's the end of the week and time for a change. I really recommend dropping the tea and adding hydroguard. What air pumps are you running?​
I got a 794 gallon per hour pump for my 5gal dwc bucket. No outside res, thats it.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

The new growth looks good to me those ugly leaves will prob stay ugly. I'd just remove if they bug you. I'd say keep up what you were doing before the tea and then add hg. I haven't read back and looked at the nutes your using or any other details.
Fox farm line. Was using soil version of Grow Big for 3 weeks an got super nute lockout just got the hydro version. Never had pH fluctuations befor using the microbe brew

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

That's good. What about res temps.
Keeping them under 70f. Measured this morning an it was like 64.3f. It flucuates beyond my control. Gotta get a probe cooler an stick it in side of bucket to keep a stable temp. Butbyes it goes up an down throughout day but stays under 70f now

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Fox farm line. Was using soil version of Grow Big for 3 weeks an got super nute lockout just got the hydro version. Never had pH fluctuations befor using the microbe brew
Ok I'm starting to remember the conversation.
Keeping them under 70f. Measured this morning an it was like 64.3f. It flucuates beyond my control. Gotta get a probe cooler an stick it in side of bucket to keep a stable temp. Butbyes it goes up an down throughout day but stays under 70f now
When it comes to the hydroguard 70-75℉ is where you wanna be at. And the roots stay perfect. Once they clear up then you Vann lower the two again. But the hg likes to work in that two range.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Will be doing all the topping an training this weekend, I will send you a message to check it out so you can supervise =)
Lol I ain't shit. Just a dude that has messed this shit up almost every way possible lol. I try not to speak unless I've experienced it.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Ok I'm starting to remember the conversation.

When it comes to the hydroguard 70-75℉ is where you wanna be at. And the roots stay perfect. Once they clear up then you Vann lower the two again. But the hg likes to work in that two range.
Its very easy to stay around that temperature but I thought 60f-65f temp was right for hydro

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Its very easy to stay around that temperature but I thought 60f-65f temp was right for hydro
It's good for hydro, you're completely right. But the hg works better around 70℉ and up. It still works if you keep the water chilled, but it's more effective if you're above 70. My buddy runs res temps into the 80s and pulls hundreds of grams per plant.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

I think you should top it, clip the aperical meristem. Tip of growth. You will develop two tops andbyour lower two branches will catch up more or less. Especially if you bend and train b the first two tops. If your willing to veg a bit longer top the lower two branches and those will turn to two as well. Once you flip in two weeks lollipop her. Remove all lower branches that are shaded and getting little to no light. You should hsve a bushy hedge like plant by this point. Once she stretches the shape will emerge. If done right you should end up with at least 6 viable tops on the plant. If need be bend the first two tops. I mean bend at 90° angles. By the time the tops return growing vertically the lower two branches will have caught up or maybe even surpassed the top two colas. Best of luck to you. Keep us posted, im pullin up a chair 4 this one.
Hey bro gonna be topping an whatnot thiss weekend, make sure to check on her

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Well thanks for the honesty homie
I've only been at it 5years now. Just wanna help anybody I can. I want the whole world to grow their own. I've got 2 of my homies growing already. And plan to get as many more as I can. I'm glad I can help bro.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

It's good for hydro, you're completely right. But the hg works better around 70℉ and up. It still works if you keep the water chilled, but it's more effective if you're above 70. My buddy runs res temps into the 80s and pulls hundreds of grams per plant.
Then I would assume he is using Hydro gaurd throughout the entire grow with 80f res temps???wow

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Then I would assume he is using Hydro gaurd throughout the entire grow with 80f res temps???wow
Yea hydroguard is a staple in me and my boys grows. It goes a long ways and works. Very few products I can say that about that I've tried grow wise. His pants are in my OG auto post. Just make sure you don't buy more then you can use in 6 months cause it does die and isn't as effective. I gave some away because it expired. Shelf life is 6mths after you open.

Top Bottom