• Start date
  • Tagged users None

Light Dep vs Indoor

• Total voters
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
GH has way more leaves on its bud while indoor has big bud and less leaves!
Not in my GH....Big bud and big leaves...
P1000239

Underthesun

Underthesun

My buds in my greenhouse are monsters compared to indoor and those few extra leaves have trichs on them. Pretty damn happy with greenhouse growing, I may never grow indoors again.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Another great thing about greenhouse grown? This plant is still drying, but I imagine it will tip 10#. I put the plant in 450 gallons of soil (about 600$ initial cost), fertilized with maybe 50$ all season. So that little bit of leaf people say is a problem with outdoors, I can deal with it for those prices. 19k profit? One plant? Greenhouses are where the future of cannabis growing resides.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
It's all good folks we all have our own ways.
We should appreciate what we got really have come a long ways since 1970, that's when I first started out growing, still learning, the sharing of knowledge is awesome and all the genetics out there we got it pretty good...
Farm on, fish on, feast on.....
What a life....

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Can you greenhouse guys elaborate on how light levels work out with that opaque material vs something hih end like Solex? Are any of you you measuring DLI and supplementing?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I have the lowest grade plastic on my large greenhouse, a needed upgrade. My plants do just fine. I laugh at people that say my greenhouse looks shaded. Have you ever installed glass? The window leaves a shadow also.

I tested light levels in another greenhouse that is somewhat similar to mine. I calculated 110 lumens per sq ft. Then you must understand that those lumens are diffused, so light hits almost every inch of the greenhouse. Cover crops grow under massive plants.

Underthesun

Underthesun

I can't say too much as to light levels on a measured level. But last year I used clear plastic corrugated panels and it was hot as hell in there all the time. The bud turned out pretty good though and not too larfy. This year I'm using 5mm solexx and was kind of concerned on how it seemed shaded in there. It is usually just as cool as outside or even cooler sometimes. But the buds are turning out dense, full of trichs and looking just as good if not better than the clear. I even have some buds that grew up into areas that are pretty shaded and they are still dense and nice looking. I have a small 100 sf greenhouse and feel like the extra $ was worth it for the Solexx. I keep trimming and trimming and it doesn't seem to put a dent in my little shack. Buds growing all over the place.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Can you greenhouse guys elaborate on how light levels work out with that opaque material vs something hih end like Solex? Are any of you you measuring DLI and supplementing?
LOL... not making fun or anything, but simple is best IMO...
Dunno about all that, I do know solex rocks and the initial investment is far worth it in the immediate and long run.
Temps can get over 100, some say too hot, I say in the solex house bring it on. AIR CIRULATION!!! is the ticket..Take a look
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/solex-greenhouse-material.34377/

DrFever

DrFever

more leaf has its benefits,, just chopped 3 lower buds from my outdoor grow have them drying in a closet wet trimmed and hanging . day 4 and still wet the smell is out of this world under microscope resin packed ,, but 3 small sized buds is like 2 pounds drying of indoor the house stinks just as bad im like holy fuck need to chop and hang them in the forest somewhere there is no way i am going to be able to dry it indoor not a fucking chance last week in half cold -2 - 10 degree C this week in the 18s far from done but winter is coming ..
next year light dep with out a doubt
IMG2688

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I can't say too much as to light levels on a measured level. But last year I used clear plastic corrugated panels and it was hot as hell in there all the time. The bud turned out pretty good though and not too larfy. This year I'm using 5mm solexx and was kind of concerned on how it seemed shaded in there. It is usually just as cool as outside or even cooler sometimes. But the buds are turning out dense, full of trichs and looking just as good if not better than the clear. I even have some buds that grew up into areas that are pretty shaded and they are still dense and nice looking. I have a small 100 sf greenhouse and feel like the extra $ was worth it for the Solexx. I keep trimming and trimming and it doesn't seem to put a dent in my little shack. Buds growing all over the place.

See....What have I been saying????
If you all would just LISTEN TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL.. Good job, remember about circulating air moving thru, sucking out with vents to allow circulation from outside, and fans blowing air around inside as well....What are your daytime highs outside gh?seem odd temps would be lower in GH....

Underthesun

Underthesun

In mid summer highs in the 90s outside and generally right about the same or a few degs warmer in the GH. It seems like days like today where its 70 outside and a nice cool breeze and good air circulation in the GH I can get it a few degs cooler in there. It sure does feel cooler in there stepping out of sun.

Anyways, I decided for solexx from that thread and it seems to be paying off. My yeild per sf is going to be my best ever. I plan to leave it out all year as a permanent structure, so a nice material was my only option.

Edit: well, I just checked. 67 outside and 71 in the greenhouse with half the fans going. I have a fan that blows in, an exhaust fan and circulation fan. Also have 3 side openings and two top openings. I can usually keep it about 15-20 degrees warmer in there at night than outside with a cheap $20 walmart electric heater.

Last edited:
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I can usually keep it about 15-20 degrees warmer in there at night than outside with a cheap $20 walmart electric heater.

Yeah, space heater FTW! I'll be replacing the shell of my GH with solexx next year.

outwest

Top Bottom