Greenhouse Vs Indoor

• Thread starter WiseGorilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Light Dep vs Indoor

• Total voters
Calixylon

Calixylon

I feel like more and more "breeders" just rip off other peoples work and call it their own, or just use shady practices, like not telling people what strains it came from, take the new hot strain "Skittles" so and so crossed with ???? mystery plant. Which most likely means they found a killer pheno that makes up most of the cross, in a pack of seeds from someone else, and their passing it off as their own creation. If your a true breeder you wont want to be known for a no name secret strain, but show your work to the world

DrFever

DrFever

During the heat of summer my plants can take up to 30 gallons a day. Closer to harvest when the weather cools down, I choke down the water to about 2 gallons a day.

Is HH even around anymore? Last I heard he blamed all his hermi issues on "trolls" and I haven't seen him back, lol. So many other breeders with Sdubb, I would choose all of them over HH. Even though he claims to be the only one with sdubb and breeding it, lol. That guy is a clown.
Every forum needs a clown :)

DrFever

DrFever

I feel like more and more "breeders" just rip off other peoples work and call it their own, or just use shady practices, like not telling people what strains it came from, take the new hot strain "Skittles" so and so crossed with ???? mystery plant. Which most likely means they found a killer pheno that makes up most of the cross, in a pack of seeds from someone else, and their passing it off as their own creation. If your a true breeder you wont want to be known for a no name secret strain, but show your work to the world
Although i agree with so many pollen chuckers out there now i just laugh and stay clear but eventually thrrough the cross crosssed 100's of times they might luck out and get a gem
stay away from breeders that use one strain 100 times and try to sell seeds to me there in it for one thing MONEY
i have been pondering about starting a under ground seed collective group where we can share strains breed strains and most importantly keep strains and cuts , share ideas and also sell seeds with original breeders and the cross breeders name all moneys made if any lol go into shares to all site upgrades
and everyone involved has a say whats your guys thought ,,
Caveman seed collective :)
Caveman regimen
Caveman regimen

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
During the heat of summer my plants can take up to 30 gallons a day. Closer to harvest when the weather cools down, I choke down the water to about 2 gallons a day.

Is HH even around anymore? Last I heard he blamed all his hermi issues on "trolls" and I haven't seen him back, lol. So many other breeders with Sdubb, I would choose all of them over HH. Even though he claims to be the only one with sdubb and breeding it, lol. That guy is a clown.
I had 15 testers. All popped in 24-36 hrs. Slow in veg but thats due partly to the Urkle genes I suspect. Ended up with 6 out of 15 culled 9 males. I've had worse ratios. :cool: As far as yields would rate at average. No hermies no nanners. The terps and stone are off the hook. It is currently every patient my wifes and my current all time fave in the terps and effect taste and smell category. I would most certainly grow them out again.

As far as him being a clown, didnt really know dude just got gifted some of his beans to test. Overall it was worth the time I spent. Peace

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

Indeed....
Although i agree with so many pollen chuckers out there now i just laugh and stay clear but eventually thrrough the cross crosssed 100's of times they might luck out and get a gem
stay away from breeders that use one strain 100 times and try to sell seeds to me there in it for one thing MONEY
i have been pondering about starting a under ground seed collective group where we can share strains breed strains and most importantly keep strains and cuts , share ideas and also sell seeds with original breeders and the cross breeders name all moneys made if any lol go into shares to all site upgrades
Caveman seed collective :)View attachment 538423 View attachment 538423
+1

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

Anyone test seeds bred indoor vs seeds bred outdoor? I prefer seeds, that have been breed outside, I'm especially a fan of seeds that have been bred in a greenhouse at high altitude in the harsh conditions....
Naz

DrFever

DrFever

this is just a hypothesis but i am guessing seeds bred outdoor would be a stronger disease prown seed stronger in all aspects
Why i say this i have germinated indoor bred seeds and have placed them outside with proper climate tizing lol sorry i can't spell haha but what i observed is indoor bred seeds tend to be more prown to colder temps least from my observations compared to germinating outdoor seeds indoor and doing the same thing placing them out door
does anyone else concur ??? here indoor seeds and outdoor seeds indoor seems droopy possibly from the cold outdoor weather etc just saying
Indoor seeds
Outdoor seeds

shemshemet

shemshemet

Eh fever seeds are genetic, the only thing I could see outdoor seed advantage are physical advantage. Thicker shell, more nutritious seed.

epitome

epitome

Plants hardy enough to flourish outdoors in harsh climates are the ticket to some bomb, bomb...those are the beans I want to cook lol

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Anyone test seeds bred indoor vs seeds bred outdoor? I prefer seeds, that have been breed outside, I'm especially a fan of seeds that have been bred in a greenhouse at high altitude in the harsh conditions....
Naz

In my opinion, it comes down to proper nutrition. Doesn't matter if the plant is 6' tall or 6" tall, grown indoor or out, hydro or soil. Organic seeds seem to last longer on average as well. Just my two cents.

I imagine you only have one source that is greenhouse grown seeds at high altitude? Maybe they are just bomb breeders. Or maybe your right, and I am wrong. Good question. I would love to hear from a breeder that has gardens in different elevations.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Caveman seed collective :)View attachment 538423 View attachment 538423

There are underground seed coops. You think Bodhi creates all the strains he sells?

People that cross 100 strains with one father are just guessing. That is cool, and many good to great strains are found this way. However, there is a hidden math involved in genetics. Once enough data is provided in different genetics, people can mathematically figure out the next best strain to cross.

Each strain is given different values to it's recessive and dominate genes. You also give values for possible hybrid vigor, given the demographics of the genetics. And so on and so forth. This math isn't difficult, but the data that is needed wont come from the internet. I will only come from years of growing and detailed notes with keen observation. Or dna sequencing.

Monsanto, evil as a whole, is making huge ground in this field. I hate to say it, but the first strain they come out with will be BOMB AS HECK! Hopefully no GMO's.

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

In my opinion, it comes down to proper nutrition. Doesn't matter if the plant is 6' tall or 6" tall, grown indoor or out, hydro or soil. Organic seeds seem to last longer on average as well. Just my two cents.

I imagine you only have one source that is greenhouse grown seeds at high altitude? Maybe they are just bomb breeders. Or maybe your right, and I am wrong. Good question. I would love to hear from a breeder that has gardens in different elevations.
Very good question

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

Plants hardy enough to flourish outdoors in harsh climates are the ticket to some bomb, bomb...those are the beans I want to cook lol
Spainish growers would back some of that up in my opinion.

DrFever

DrFever

Although there are under ground Seed collective like i am involved in :) where it takes years to select right traits and having a elite male which in reality is 1000 times more valuable then any female plant takes time to acquire to give to a idea could take 5000 seeds to find it and still might not find it the perfect male ..
so proper breeding takes lots of time years to actually to make a cup winning strain now the average pollen chucker that crosses it 100 of times to what ever might find a fluke ,,For sure might be nice looking but the fact remains a breeder with 10,000 plants is going to get the winner as he has more variety to pick from selective breeding when i was indirect contact with stank bros learnt alot .. there is no math or science behind breeding unless you have millions of dollars and lab techs , then your dealing with DNA and genes most stoner breeders are no where close ..
but for average good breeder its not crossing what ever and hope for the best its finding the right traits and hoping it carries to its off spring
Sure there is under ground coups and most of those seeds become freebies and few might sell but ask your self
Why the major increase in Hermies and nannars ?? that is from inexperienced breeeding
There is a mod on here that so happened to breed soon as he saw hermie traits he culled and destroyed all seeds no need to waste your time when the end result is Garbage

DrFever

DrFever

To say Monsanto as a whole is evil i beg to differ i mean lets face it
Sad truth is most people would be shocked who owns who when a company is incorporated you can have like 10 companies under that company but different names HERE is good one FUTURE SHOP still remains the name yet BEST BUY OWNS THEM
same thing applies with food manufacturing companies but some how it gets leaked out possibly from top end employees that get laid off or fired ,,
Remember back when you watched The Matrix for the first time and ran down to the store to buy sunglasses and a trench coat? There were so many sunglass brands to choose from: Oakley, Ray-Ban, Revo, Vogue, DKNY, and if you must have only the best, $500 designer glasses from Prada and BVLGARI (which has that V-instead-of-a-U thing, so you know it's classy like ancient Rome). All sunglasses are made by luxottica
Well, at least you get to pick between stores, right? If the people at the LensCrafters are being dicks while selling you different glasses all made by Luxottica, you can show them what you think of that by taking your business across the mall to the Pearle Vision. Or maybe the Sears or Target optical departments. Except that they are also all owned by Luxottica. Just for the sake of argument let's say that you're not a squinty-eyed nerd, so you pass by the prescription shops and go right to the Sunglass Hut. You guessed it. Luxottica.

Like an omnipresent starchy deity, corn is everywhere. Savvy consumers know that it doesn't just stop at corn on the cob. Word has gotten out that corn syrup turns up in almost every candy and soda, and is as addictive as crack. But how about Febreze? Hand sanitizers? Ethanol car fuel? That's all corn, too. Making rubber tires? You'll need corn starch. Spark plugs? Corn. Drywall? Corn. You can't build a car or a house without corn.
Whoever controls the corn controls ... maybe not the universe, but a lot of money. And the king of American corn is Monsanto, a biotech company. Unlike evil movie biotech companies -- with their dubious business models of inventing mutants or viruses that kill everyone -- Monsanto built their empire on a pretty boring one two punch: weed killer and seeds.
The weed killer, Roundup, is the biggest selling herbicide in the world. The seeds are genetically engineered corn seeds that are immune to Roundup. If you want to grow corn and kill weeds that hurt the corn, Monsanto has the best product on the market by a mile. That's why 80 percent of all corn planted in the U.S. goes into the ground with Monsanto's trademark on it.
But plants will be plants, and make more seeds, so the farmers don't have to keep buying Monsanto seeds year after year, right? Don't be silly. Monsanto's not going to let their money run away like that. Their first plan was to incorporate something called a "Terminator" (otherwise known as the "let's just stop pretending we're not evil") gene that automatically sterilizes the plant so it can't make any more seeds. Then farmers have to buy new seeds every time they plant, just like nature intended.

People objected to this quite a bit for some reason, forcing Monsanto to back down and instead just make farmers sign a contract saying that they won't use the seeds the plants make ... or else. So instead of screwing farmers with a terminatorgene, they're just asking the farmers to agree to screw themselves.

So the next time you're deciding between a Coke or a Pepsi (or between a Firestone or a Goodyear), know that whichever way you go, you're buying Monsanto. You're welcome!

epitome

epitome

To say Monsanto as a whole is evil i beg to differ i mean lets face it
Sad truth is most people would be shocked who owns who when a company is incorporated you can have like 10 companies under that company but different names HERE is good one FUTURE SHOP still remains the name yet BEST BUY OWNS THEM
same thing applies with food manufacturing companies but some how it gets leaked out possibly from top end employees that get laid off or fired ,,
Remember back when you watched The Matrix for the first time and ran down to the store to buy sunglasses and a trench coat? There were so many sunglass brands to choose from: Oakley, Ray-Ban, Revo, Vogue, DKNY, and if you must have only the best, $500 designer glasses from Prada and BVLGARI (which has that V-instead-of-a-U thing, so you know it's classy like ancient Rome). All sunglasses are made by luxottica
Well, at least you get to pick between stores, right? If the people at the LensCrafters are being dicks while selling you different glasses all made by Luxottica, you can show them what you think of that by taking your business across the mall to the Pearle Vision. Or maybe the Sears or Target optical departments. Except that they are also all owned by Luxottica. Just for the sake of argument let's say that you're not a squinty-eyed nerd, so you pass by the prescription shops and go right to the Sunglass Hut. You guessed it. Luxottica.

Like an omnipresent starchy deity, corn is everywhere. Savvy consumers know that it doesn't just stop at corn on the cob. Word has gotten out that corn syrup turns up in almost every candy and soda, and is as addictive as crack. But how about Febreze? Hand sanitizers? Ethanol car fuel? That's all corn, too. Making rubber tires? You'll need corn starch. Spark plugs? Corn. Drywall? Corn. You can't build a car or a house without corn.
Whoever controls the corn controls ... maybe not the universe, but a lot of money. And the king of American corn is Monsanto, a biotech company. Unlike evil movie biotech companies -- with their dubious business models of inventing mutants or viruses that kill everyone -- Monsanto built their empire on a pretty boring one two punch: weed killer and seeds.
The weed killer, Roundup, is the biggest selling herbicide in the world. The seeds are genetically engineered corn seeds that are immune to Roundup. If you want to grow corn and kill weeds that hurt the corn, Monsanto has the best product on the market by a mile. That's why 80 percent of all corn planted in the U.S. goes into the ground with Monsanto's trademark on it.
But plants will be plants, and make more seeds, so the farmers don't have to keep buying Monsanto seeds year after year, right? Don't be silly. Monsanto's not going to let their money run away like that. Their first plan was to incorporate something called a "Terminator" (otherwise known as the "let's just stop pretending we're not evil") gene that automatically sterilizes the plant so it can't make any more seeds. Then farmers have to buy new seeds every time they plant, just like nature intended.

People objected to this quite a bit for some reason, forcing Monsanto to back down and instead just make farmers sign a contract saying that they won't use the seeds the plants make ... or else. So instead of screwing farmers with a terminatorgene, they're just asking the farmers to agree to screw themselves.

So the next time you're deciding between a Coke or a Pepsi (or between a Firestone or a Goodyear), know that whichever way you go, you're buying Monsanto. You're welcome!
Does monsatano have their hands in mining also?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

To say Monsanto as a whole is evil i beg to differ i mean lets face it....

If you have read my posts about Monsanto in the past, then you know I believe they are doing great work in some areas. However, when you create a terminator gene that threatens the entire planet. Or if you create "roundup resistant" plants, that now have effected the rhizosphere of major crops, creating round up resistant plants that were never engineered. This is done through the soil microbes that obtain the roundup ready gene. The round up "resistant" plants are not resistant, they are genetically modified through the soil microbes, and are now round up ready plants. Now consider 80% of your digestion happens with microbes in your stomach.......... The clear path to changing human life forever.

If that isn't enough, Glyphosate has reached an epidemic level of contamination on the Earth. When lead was first put into gasoline, people knew it was bad. However the money that controlled lead gas wouldn't allow it to disappear easily. What had to happen is scientist had to take soil, water, air samples from every corner of the earth. They found lead in rivers on lands not inhabited, lakes, and even in the ice caps. The ice caps was the final straw, because they could prove when lead started to be deposited into the ice, and it correlated to the beginning of burning lead fuel. How does this apply to Monsanto? Well, Glyphosate is now in every water way, every inch of soil, in our rain, and depositing in the ice caps. Now they say glyphosate is a "possible carcinogenic."

Monsanto knew this, and still pushed the product. Still do.

In my opinion, that makes the company as a whole evil. Kind of like people that say planned parent hood should still exist because they give women care. Well, I say if you murder live babies, you deserve jail and eternal damnation. Not part of your company surviving, the whole thing is done. Just like if the cops raid you, they don't say, "well this guy seems good in 80% of his daily operations, why throw him in jail? Overall he is doing good...." lol. Bad is bad, and no amount of good covers sins.

DrFever

DrFever

so has starvation would you rather die with a full stomach just saying there are lots of evils in the world lets look at fem seeds same shit different story since the introduction of feminized seeeds we have seen 100 percent increase of hermies and nanners thems are facts just have a look at daily new threads lol is this a nanner or hermie 10 years ago it was extremely rare to see it
So what has happened money and greed know one gives a shit about product its all about the End game money
this is why now you see strain hunters and top end breeders in search of the un violated strains and keeping many strains in there vault

Top Bottom