Greenhouse Vs Indoor

• Thread starter WiseGorilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Light Dep vs Indoor

• Total voters
DrFever

DrFever

with our commercial green houses we have one fan on one end of house other end door open as well as exhaust shutters so air moves passive we tried one time to have intake and exhaust going at same time ,, what was encountered .
Was either green house started looking like a balloon or it started it started sucking in at the beams

Gallery 11738 4815 9819

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

My greenhouse gets up to 110 for weeks on end. It's all about keeping your soil zone cool, and you wont have problems. The greenhouse should be cooler, no doubt. However ambient heat isn't the only factor.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

LOL... not making fun or anything, but simple is best IMO...
Dunno about all that, I do know solex rocks and the initial investment is far worth it in the immediate and long run.
Temps can get over 100, some say too hot, I say in the solex house bring it on. AIR CIRULATION!!! is the ticket..Take a look
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/solex-greenhouse-material.34377/
Thanks I'll have a look. In the PNW we don't have all that year round sun you do, so I'll need lights. Measuring DLI isn't complicated but I'm wondering about systems to automatically compensate for ambient levels and photoperiod hours.

DrFever

DrFever

ambient heat will in time heat up everything including soil now most green houses use screened tables so heat is all around pots hence the reason black pots are used to help keep heat in ..
Seamaiden your right circulation and ventilation are different but if you got one end with vented fresh air in, and other end exiting air with exhaust fans in a sense its circulating air out i mean i stood outside the other end of open door on green house as exhaust fans are on you need to tie back the door as it will slam shut , and i could feel lots of air moving in meaning air is traveling mind you this is not your typical exhaust fans when your dealing with 50 " comercial grade fans there is no need for circulation one fan will make plants move like a typhoon with 2 of these bad boys any green house will kick ass
2063 443 large

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
ambient heat will in time heat up everything including soil now most green houses use screened tables so heat is all around pots hence the reason black pots are used to help keep heat in ..
Seamaiden your right circulation and ventilation are different but if you got one end with vented fresh air in, and other end exiting air with exhaust fans in a sense its circulating air out i mean i stood outside the other end of open door on green house as exhaust fans are on you need to tie back the door as it will slam shut , and i could feel lots of air moving in meaning air is traveling mind you this is not your typical exhaust fans when your dealing with 50 " comercial grade fans there is no need for circulation one fan will make plants move like a typhoon with 2 of these bad boys any green house will kick ass View attachment 542063
That's how we roll, door will slam shut but we also have celling fans to circulate inside as well, air gets all all mixed up just like me.

shemshemet

shemshemet

Seamaiden your right circulation and ventilation are different but if you got one end with vented fresh air in, and other end exiting air with exhaust fans in a sense its circulating air out i mean i stood outside the other end of open door on green house as exhaust fans are on you need to tie back the door as it will slam shut , and i could feel lots of air moving in meaning air is traveling mind you this is not your typical exhaust fans when your dealing with 50 " comercial grade fans there is no need for circulation one fan will make plants move like a typhoon with 2 of these bad boys any green house will kick ass View attachment 542063

I visited a vegetable operation who would use a similar method (air out one side, air in the opposite door) at night, to cool and purple lettuce.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I have a 60" slant wall fan, does the trick.

ambient heat will in time heat up everything including soil View attachment 542063

True, kind of. Unless you have something to counter the heat in the soil. I water twice a day, one at 3-4am, another at 2-3pm. The 2-3 pm watering keeps the soil moist and cool. Doesn't matter if it's 120F in the greenhouse, just keep the roots cool. Fighting broad mites this year I got the greenhouse all the way up to 145F, no ill damage to plants. Before doing so, I watered the soil down real heavy.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I have a 60" slant wall fan, does the trick.

True, kind of. Unless you have something to counter the heat in the soil. I water twice a day, one at 3-4am, another at 2-3pm. The 2-3 pm watering keeps the soil moist and cool. Doesn't matter if it's 120F in the greenhouse, just keep the roots cool. Fighting broad mites this year I got the greenhouse all the way up to 145F, no ill damage to plants. Before doing so, I watered the soil down real heavy.
How did that do for your eradication? Did it work?

DrFever

DrFever

so you winning the battle with mites ??? why not seal up house and either sulfur burn that is the first thing i would so for any treatment but with temps that hot didnt that kill them ???

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

So, the reason I bumped up the temps in the greenhouse, is because I couldn't get a temp higher than 115 on the surface of the leaves. I have a lazer temp gun I use for checking temps on breakers in panel boxes. The ambient air would read 145, but the tops of the leaves just started to read 115. The bottom of the leaves were more around 105.......

So no, I don't think this works. I tried with the fans on, and with the fans off. Didn't seem to matter.

I did go nuclear on the bugs, along with the high temps, and didn't see a BM for a solid 2 months. I scoped every day. However once I started to harvest, I could really see them making a come back. They only attacked my popcorn nugs, so I lost some hash making flowers. I have lost maybe 5% of my crop to them, and lost maybe 15% of overall possible growth during the season. (estimates) Considering what some people report, I would say I have been "surviving" the BM's so far. I am ready at a moments notice to chop all that remain if I notice them getting bad, however I am still spraying OG BIo war every three days. The spraying I have done this year......ahhhh!!!! Well over 50 5am mornings spraying. Only sprayed with nukes twice, 7 days apart, back in July. Neem and Azamax stopped in Aug. I have tests out for my flowers as we speak with SC labs to see if any of the nuclear reminisce have been detected.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Should also report that Og bio war is much more effective at almost double the strength.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Fucking bastard mites came on over night on some plants in GH. pretty infested. got lax, too mush other shite happening. sprayed neem seems to have killed off lots of frost still good with no contamination seen but am thinking they piss and shit so maybe no good.

DrFever

DrFever

Can i ask how did they get in there in the first place ???
also you should look into this for next season

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Fucking bastard mites came on over night on some plants in GH. pretty infested. got lax, too mush other shite happening. sprayed neem seems to have killed off lots of frost still good with no contamination seen but am thinking they piss and shit so maybe no good.
Chicken man are they spider mites or are you dealing with the Borg aka broad hemp russet mites??

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Can i ask how did they get in there in the first place ???
also you should look into this for next season
Same way they always get in there ... Clones from a "friend" that didn't kniw any better.

DrFever

DrFever

anyways bomb the hell out of the green house now that its empty and re due it in spring being in a greenhouse whats good is its perfect for lady bugs , kirski's , and

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Chicken man are they spider mites or are you dealing with the Borg aka broad hemp russet mites??
Spider mites looks like.
od has not a one...again my bad regular preventive neem applications keep them at bay....
Who knows where they came from...Clones done in house.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Word chickenman not much you can do now either way.. Hopefully they didn't get to many plants

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Same way they always get in there ... Clones from a "friend" that didn't kniw any better.

i know everybody wants to blame clones, however, did you guys know many states, including California uses broad mites, russets mites and fusarium to control road side weeds?.............. Father Earth on ICmag said this, and I started to look into it.

Top Bottom