Greenhouse Vs Indoor

• Thread starter WiseGorilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Light Dep vs Indoor

• Total voters
xavier7995

xavier7995

I enjoy getting to sample other peoples' buds because it's always different from what I'm growing and I like FRESH. :D
Couldn't have said it better. No matter how good the weed, eventually you get tired of smoking the same shizz.

I think indoor typically winds up with more bag appeal, but prefer the OD for all those lovely things you cant see.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Outdoor is great, so is indoor. But all the strains we love today would not be available if people didnt do indoor growing. 15 years ago, indoor was the only efficient and safe way to gow topshelf medicine. Now things are rec and medical, giant GH are possible. Back then safely growing OD was dangerous, and you couldnt put in the effort to make them top shelf plants, until recently. On top of all this, indoor is the only reson your not smoking mids, all the important breeding, pheno hunting, and growing was done indoors until recently, so if your gifted with the ability to use the sun for free, thats great, but dont knock the process that created all your favorite strains.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Outdoor is great, so is indoor. But all the strains we love today would not be available if people didnt do indoor growing. 15 years ago, indoor was the only efficient and safe way to gow topshelf medicine. Now things are rec and medical, giant GH are possible. Back then safely growing OD was dangerous, and you couldnt put in the effort to make them top shelf plants, until recently. On top of all this, indoor is the only reson your not smoking mids, all the important breeding, pheno hunting, and growing was done indoors until recently, so if your gifted with the ability to use the sun for free, thats great, but dont knock the process that created all your favorite strains.

You're probably right about most strains being developed indoors. Although, I feel like a lot of companies thrive off the lie that top shelf only comes from indoor and that lie has been branded in people's heads over the last 20 years....its not true at all.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea, i dont think indoors really is leaps ahead of outdoor, and GH is pretty much indoor. The only difference i can really come up with is that outdoor and GH plants do produce higher amounts of cellulose due to the sun being such a strong light source. On top of all this, the biggest factor i believe is the size of your grow, huge outdoor grows will never be as good as a small outdoor grow, where the grower can focus on each plant, quality mostly comes down to how much quantity was grown. But,

All breeding should be done inside, simply becasue outdoors is an enviroment out of your control, and cannot allow you to 100% say these seeds were pollinated by that specific pollen. I think outdoor is neccesary to breed, so you can grow a large test sample, and select the best phenotypes. But if im shelling out 150- 200 for a pack of seeds, it better have been produced in a clean room, with no chance of contamination from wild or herm pollen.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Yea, i dont think indoors really is leaps ahead of outdoor, and GH is pretty much indoor. The only difference i can really come up with is that outdoor and GH plants do produce higher amounts of cellulose due to the sun being such a strong light source. On top of all this, the biggest factor i believe is the size of your grow, huge outdoor grows will never be as good as a small outdoor grow, where the grower can focus on each plant, quality mostly comes down to how much quantity was grown. But,

All breeding should be done inside, simply becasue outdoors is an enviroment out of your control, and cannot allow you to 100% say these seeds were pollinated by that specific pollen. I think outdoor is neccesary to breed, so you can grow a large test sample, and select the best phenotypes. But if im shelling out 150- 200 for a pack of seeds, it better have been produced in a clean room, with no chance of contamination from wild or herm pollen.

Couldn't have said it better my self. People planting males now just to ruin local outdoor crops on purpose and all the hemp in the air....

Calixylon

Calixylon

Like sabotaging someone outdoor crop? That would be a super super dick move, but would be a downright effective way to ruin someonnes season. Not sure if a couple males would seed an entire outdoor grow, but if you harvest alot of pollen and chucked handfuls here and there youd ruin someone day. Seems like thatd be alot of work but the more people growing outdoors the more pollen in the air, i wouldnt be suprised if you were in certain areas in legal states if pollen could effect an outdoor grow.

Underthesun

Underthesun

I've seen a hemp farm about 5 miles from me, no seeds found yet. I don't think my neighbors have a clue that they could do that to me, they moght try of they did, lol. Where has this been happening?

ARoachclip

ARoachclip

That is beautiful chickenman. But do you have a picture of that flower trimmed and finishethat flower trimmed and finished?
I begged the question on another forum. Just what constitutes "Indoor" ? This is a hot topic for debate as certain regions of Southern Oregon and Northern California are considering banning outdoor grows. Does an indoor require 2x4s and sheet rock? Does it mean that you are in a sealed greenhouse with supplemental lighting? Perhaps it's the time I hung a florescent light in a broke down Dodge Van lined with tin foil? I'm currently preparing to build a three car garage with a crushed granite floor and skylights throughout. I'm doing it like this because I plan to apply for a recreational license. They have just released the Permanent/Temporary rules, and I want to be ready. Almost anecdotal to the already complex situation, they have giving us just a couple of months to gather genetics. After that we can only get them from other Rec. license holders. I kept telling everybody;"Save your seeds."

Fea9bf187e1246088bb4e6e9c590f684
ARoachclip

ARoachclip

Like sabotaging someone outdoor crop? That would be a super super dick move, but would be a downright effective way to ruin someonnes season. Not sure if a couple males would seed an entire outdoor grow, but if you harvest alot of pollen and chucked handfuls here and there youd ruin someone day. Seems like thatd be alot of work but the more people growing outdoors the more pollen in the air, i wouldnt be suprised if you were in certain areas in legal states if pollen could effect an outdoor grow.
Way back yonder in the days of yore, We did not separate males from females. Actually, we didn't know. However, we had seedless buds grow within close proximity of huge pollen spewing males. It was a random, but it happened. If you read my post titled Skunk Weed, posted (somewhere in this site) The "we didn't know " will make sense.

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

Thanks for all the replies. Very interesting comments by all. @Bulldog11 very very nice herb man, respect. I guess I just have never personally tried truly great outdoor or greenhouse flowers. What I really wanted to know was if I put my favorite OG Kush one outdoors, one greenhouse and one indoor what would be the quality difference? I definitely think terpenes and effect are more important than bag appeal, but many managers of collectives disagree and like that clean indoor look. Can an OG get swollen like some of the ones I've seen? Can a perfectly grown greenhouse bud win a cannabis cup against indoor perfectly grown?

I have two goals: grow the absolute finest cannabis and also lower my environmental impact.

Much love and respect to all growers indoors and out and thanks for the replies

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Q: What I really wanted to know was if I put my favorite OG Kush one outdoors, one greenhouse and one indoor what would be the quality difference?

my A: That particular example, there would be huge differences. OG kush is lanky, and falls over indoors. You bring that girl outdoors and you have a huge monster. However, when grown properly, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in the finished flowers. They will look different for sure, but the quality will be the same.

Q: Can an OG get swollen like some of the ones I've seen?

my A: yes, no doubt. Here is an ancient og.
Ancient Og 400 gallon early harvest 2

Q: Can a perfectly grown greenhouse bud win a cannabis cup against indoor perfectly grown?

My A: Yes, any day of the week. Most will disagree, however I feel this is the truth.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Hemp pollen travels pretty far, and cops are fucking lazy, so there's that.
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1300/J237v08n02_03

grayarea

grayarea

light dep tastes better. indoor gets you more high. $$$$$ = dense round nugs and you cant get that with light dep so if the people are use to only buying beasters and horseshit weed they wont buy you're dep weed because it never gets dense like indoor.

grayarea

grayarea

on average does it come out as dense as indoor in your opinion ? was only speaking for my own indoor and light dep grows.

Blaze

Blaze

On average, probably not. Density with dep is more strain dependent and I've noticed the earlier season ones that finish out before the solstice tend to not fill out as much. With the right strains and the right care it can rival any indoor for looks and density though (and with a better high and flavor too IMO).

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Yes, most strains when light depped properly will come out more or less equal in density as indoors and some will far exceed such as sour diesel, I think the only real way to get both super dense and skunky diesel is by depping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom