• Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

got no time for games or hair irons 😎

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

For me it’s all about that one time you forget to close your jars back up…or if you have to be away from the house for a few days, but mostly those idiot moments when you realize you left the lids off all day because for some reason you got distracted and forgot.

I feel ya on the whole hands on, touching and smelling the buds as they cure thing…but that day you forget to close lids…that seals the deal for me since I live in +- 30% RH during the winter. I am hoping Grove Bags can be stored in that low of RH too so we shall see. The only thing that would take some trial and error is finding the perfect dryness to bag them up. I don’t like the idea of relying on a wood meter because when the zombie apocalypse hits and I’m bugged out in my homemade shack in the woods, with my Grove Bags, I want to know when my buds are good to seal up. I guess I could just use the meter once…then I would know. I dunno…this new harvest I’m smoking is pretty potent and I kinda forgot I was writing in a forum and just started thinking out loud. But yeah, don’t forget to close those lids. Grove Bags are cheap, give it a try with an ounce or 2

What would happen if you were to use the Grove bags for long term storage? Since they are breathable wouldn't that accelerate THC oxidation? Not to say that oxidation doesn't happen in jars but I would think that an airtight container would slow down oxidation.

I can see how the Grove bags are useful in your situation. Thankfully I don't have to punch a time card anymore so I can work my schedule around my grow tasks.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

What would happen if you were to use the Grove bags for long term storage? Since they are breathable wouldn't that accelerate THC oxidation? Not to say that oxidation doesn't happen in jars but I would think that an airtight container would slow down oxidation.

I can see how the Grove bags are useful in your situation. Thankfully I don't have to punch a time card anymore so I can work my schedule around my grow tasks.
Good question.

For long term storage I use a mylar bag, sealed with an O2 eater then freeze. Am I overdoing it?

Dothraki

Dothraki

Not sour here. Curing the bud is a big part of the grow. If you want to keep opening the bags and take a sniff by all means knock yourself out. Doing so just interrupts the cure process. Me, I can wait.
You must have missed what I said. The reason I’m opening the bags is not to “take a sniff” it’s to ensure the buds are dry enough to cure without ending up smelling like sour cut grass in the end. I imagine that smell will stick around in the buds if I leave the bags sealed right now.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Good question.

For long term storage I use a mylar bag, sealed with an O2 eater then freeze. Am I overdoing it?
I wonder. Grove mentions in their spiel that these bags can be used for long term storage, and in fact will further improve taste even beyond a long cure of 2 months. I can't find it on their site now, but i believe i saw something about up to 2 years in the bag for long term storage, sealed of course

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
If it was beneficial for me to know the different stages of paint drying hour by hour, then yes I would.
If you want to explore how paint dries, that’s a great idea. When you’re asking others how paint dries and then arguing with them about it, that’s something different.
I wonder. Grove mentions in their spiel that these bags can be used for long term storage, and in fact will further improve taste even beyond a long cure of 2 months. I can't find it on their site now, but i believe i saw something about up to 2 years in the bag for long term storage, sealed of course
I just opened a Grove bag sealed a year ago. Better than it was a few months in. I’m sold on storage for at least a year at this point. I also live in high desert conditions so RH of 20-40% most of the year.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Reports of 2+ years of shelf life without degradation. I haven't had a chance to get past the 6 month mark yet though 🤣

You must have missed what I said. The reason I’m opening the bags is not to “take a sniff” it’s to ensure the buds are dry enough to cure without ending up smelling like sour cut grass in the end. I imagine that smell will stick around in the buds if I leave the bags sealed right now.

I have bagged plants a bit early for the Groves and just had to leave them open for a few hours/over night for the humidity to get to the perfect spot in order to heat seal and pack away. I don't use meters or anything fancy I just wait until the buds are "crisp feeling" and crunchy when squeezed then they get the final trim and off to the G-Bags.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Reports of 2+ years of shelf life without degradation. I haven't had a chance to get past the 6 month mark yet though 🤣

I have bagged plants a bit early for the Groves and just had to leave them open for a few hours/over night for the humidity to get to the perfect spot in order to heat seal and pack away. I don't use meters or anything fancy I just wait until the buds are "crisp feeling" and crunchy when squeezed then they get the final trim and off to the G-Bags.
Yep, just like you would if using a jar except Grove removes the need to burp.

Daily.homegrown

Daily.homegrown

What’s your opinion on Grove Bags? I’m using half gallon jars and quickly running out of storage space. Tell me about your experience with these and how I can best use them to cure and store. Thanks! 🙂
I’ve used them a few times, worked as advertised. Hung to dry then straight to the bags. No humidity kari needed. Got the qp bags just to test. Would def use again (heat seal for long term storage tho)

880CF9A8 FD77 424B 84CB 1EB75C6E79FF
Dothraki

Dothraki

If you want to explore how paint dries, that’s a great idea. When you’re asking others how paint dries and then arguing with them about it, that’s something different.
First, yes…I am the type of person who does not rely on GPS to get around. Same applies for drying and curing. It’s better to not have to rely on a battery powered instrument that can also be inaccurate.

You are incorrect about your assessment. Look back at what was said and ask yourself if that is an argument? Or someone not being satisfied with the answer “just do this…cause do it” and looking for further info, knowledge and understanding. But if that isn’t available with the person I’m talking with, as in they don’t know they just do it cause it works, or someone else told them to, then what you call an “argument” from the person offering objective criticism of the answer or in most cases….asking for further information…then someone says “you arguing” lol.

Sorry I don’t take every word from every internet weed forum member as gospel…I’d rather learn the facts.

freezeland2

freezeland2

First, yes…I am the type of person who does not rely on GPS to get around. Same applies for drying and curing. It’s better to not have to rely on a battery powered instrument that can also be inaccurate.

You are incorrect about your assessment. Look back at what was said and ask yourself if that is an argument? Or someone not being satisfied with the answer “just do this…cause do it” and looking for further info, knowledge and understanding. But if that isn’t available with the person I’m talking with, as in they don’t know they just do it cause it works, or someone else told them to, then what you call an “argument” from the person offering objective criticism of the answer or in most cases….asking for further information…then someone says “you arguing” lol.

Sorry I don’t take every word from every internet weed forum member as gospel…I’d rather learn the facts.
Why don’t you just call Grove and talk with them if you don’t want to believe all of us telling you how we successfully use them. Go figure it out for yourself.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

your style(read: personality) might be better suited to mason jars and boveda packs? just sayin' 🧙‍♂️

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I just went and read back thru the thread to try to understand where the friction was coming from.

You were looking for specific answers why your weed smells like hay. You didn't get the answer you were looking for (someone who has the same issue), but were instead told use the product as intended to finish the cure properly, which will make this a non issue. If you had been using the product as intended, you would not have seen this problem in the first place. That is the essence of the feedback.

What I am reading is an overwhelming majority of well respected members saying the same thing. You are instead digging your heels in and coming back with the quote above. This may not be an argument, but you are being argumentative.

You are essentially using this bag as a ziplock. That's fine if that is what you want to do. But if you want to learn facts - at least own up to the fact that you are not using them for the intended purpose, in the intended way. There really isn't anything else to say here. If you are gonna keep using it as you snack stash - again no one cares - go for it - you are not using groove bags you are doing something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom