Grow number two, making space

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
If you want to have something to look forward to there is a picture that I'm sharing with you below that was taken last night and it is my first grow :-) one thing that surprises me that no one commented on about your post is tap water! At that pH level you are not going to sustain growth. Get you a $15 soil meter and make sure that the soil is always producing between 6-7 ph.
And absolutely make sure that your fingers are dry at least an inch and a half into the soil before you think about watering again. At that stage it should be about every 4 days honestly whereas in flower I'm doing 5-gallon pots and I water them a half of a gallon twice a day :-) so make sure you escalate with the grow
She never mentioned the PH of her tap water. Just ppm's which are fine. She also knows her way around a pot of soil and when to water. 👍

Nice plants, you should start your own thread and try to avoid telling others they can't "sustain growth" until you've got a few grows of your own done. No one likes their thread hijacked with humble brags and pics of other people's plants.

And welcome to the farm ❤🌱

amekins

amekins

I can relate ❤ I'm in a similar situation post divorce...family are few and scattered around the country. Mental illness, addiction, political bs....yeah and holidays coming make it that much harder. My PM box always open if you want to vent 🤗
Thank you. ❤️ Be careful what you ask for lol. I was having a moment earlier. Harvesting my other plant was a good distraction and she is certainly very stinky. Son woke up, came in the kitchen, promptly said not “good morning” but rather “it smells AWFUL in here.”

amekins

amekins

Oooof. Lots of ❤💪🍁!

Fwiw, I have helped a lot of people with grow light questions even beyond cannabis lately. It's like, a bit overwhelming how many people are pinging my wife who ropes me in lol. You are NOT alone in the motivation to continue cultivating with the seasons changing as they inevitably do, especially this year.
Thank you, Milson. I may just have questions. I try to research first and then run my best approach (in my mind) past someone with experience before proceeding.

amekins

amekins

If you want to have something to look forward to there is a picture that I'm sharing with you below that was taken last night and it is my first grow :-) one thing that surprises me that no one commented on about your post is tap water! At that pH level you are not going to sustain growth. Get you a $15 soil meter and make sure that the soil is always producing between 6-7 ph.
And absolutely make sure that your fingers are dry at least an inch and a half into the soil before you think about watering again. At that stage it should be about every 4 days honestly whereas in flower I'm doing 5-gallon pots and I water them a half of a gallon twice a day :-) so make sure you escalate with the grow
I’m not sure what exactly you’re responding to. My first two plants both watered with pH’d tap, soil remained consistently just below 7.0.

Edited to add: And yeah, I know this current setup (no tent, multiple LED lights, etc.) won’t support/sustain flowering. That really wasn’t my goal here. But if you followed the thread through, you would have seen that as well as I just ordered a tent/light/fan and I’ll see what I can do with it. :-) I can certainly start plants currently and probably sustain cloning as well. Both things I’m working on improving.

Last edited:
amekins

amekins

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I went with this one as it is the best fit for the space it will be in. I should be able to manage two plants in it. 36"x20"x63"

I have the same size. I don’t know if that light is going to be enough for you. Looks like you’ll end up with 20w/sqft

sorry if this was already brought up and I missed it.

I’ve got 150w led with Cree COBs and I am planning on adding another light when I switch to bloom.
https://smile.amazon.com/Hydroponic-Obeservation-Window-Indoor-Growing/dp/B08HMLCLJZ

amekins

amekins

I have the same size. I don’t know if that light is going to be enough for you. Looks like you’ll end up with 20w/sqft

sorry if this was already brought up and I missed it.

I’ve got 150w led with Cree COBs and I am planning on adding another light when I switch to bloom.
I had asked. I can still cancel it. What would you suggest? Budget friendly please. None of this was actually affordable lol.

Badchoice

Badchoice

amekins

amekins

I’m sure you allready know but if you dont get adjustable height hangers for your lights they can be grabbed on amazon cheap I believe the same company that makes those tents also makes them.
Thank you. They should come with according to description. Local hydro store has them as well and I have one already. Hopefully I’ll be set.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I had asked. I can still cancel it. What would you suggest? Budget friendly please. None of this was actually affordable lol.

if you could get 150w that would be bare minimum I think. That being said, you could use the light you’ve already purchased but only fill half your tent until you could add another light down the road.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Thank you. They should come with according to description. Local hydro store has them as well and I have one already. Hopefully I’ll be set.
They come with what's necessary to hang them.

I would personally go up to 150w but 100w will flower two plants, which was the initial ask.

amekins

amekins

They come with what's necessary to hang them.

I would personally go up to 150w but 100w will flower two plants, which was the initial ask.
Correct. But it’s been canceled for now, a substitute will be used in the interim while I peruse other options. Recommendations welcome.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

30w per sq ft. But with that said there is no reason you shouldn't pull 1gpw. Its a short tent and I would look for light spread over intensity because of that. 2 100w boards with dimmers would kill it. Of you can afford 1 then I would go for 1 and maybe get a second later on.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
They sure look nicer than mars and spider farmer. But the small american companies still use better components.
You are probably right. I have not researched it. They work for me to grow a wide variety of plants and my mother talks my ear off about hers for flowers. So I have had an "if it ain't broke" attitude about it. Again, just sharing.

These are dwarf banana plants that came as clones that fit in our mailbox in august. Under one P1500 with far red using my layered thing I do. I mean, idk if this is good but my wife and I love them (yes her tent is bigger and nicer than mine).

IMG 20201101 115412680 HDR
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom