Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CWorthington

CWorthington

Word of caution, if ordering from ACWholesalers dot com. When your "In Stock" order hasn't shipped after a week, and the call center in India tells you "It's leaving our warehouse today", it's a lie. They told me that several days ago, still hasn't shipped.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Word of caution, if ordering from ACWholesalers dot com. When your "In Stock" order hasn't shipped after a week, and the call center in India tells you "It's leaving our warehouse today", it's a lie. They told me that several days ago, still hasn't shipped.

That sucks. Have you tried to email them or ask for a supervisor? Haven't heard a bunch of problems from them. I would call them and demand a supervisor and when u get them on the phone give them an earful. Demand a discount also.

CWorthington

CWorthington

That sucks. Have you tried to email them or ask for a supervisor? Haven't heard a bunch of problems from them. I would call them and demand a supervisor and when u get them on the phone give them an earful. Demand a discount also.
The warehouse has had 7 business days now and nothing. I will try calling again tomorrow. I just wanted to post it here so people know, there is a long wait time with these guys.

B

Badpoor313

Branch box in most convenient spot. Extra btus with an inverter type outdoor unit.

The line sets from the outside unit to the branch box needs to be 3/8 x 5/8.

The problem I see is the indoor units have different connections then the branch box has.

Should I buy line sets that match the indoor units and then when the line sets are shortened the correct connections for the branch box can be put on?

Thanks

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

The line sets from the outside unit to the branch box needs to be 3/8 x 5/8.

The problem I see is the indoor units have different connections then the branch box has.

Should I buy line sets that match the indoor units and then when the line sets are shortened the correct connections for the branch box can be put on?

Thanks

They need different sizes because branch box is serving more than one indoor unit. Order proper sizes for both sides of branch box.

B

Badpoor313

They need different sizes because branch box is serving more than one indoor unit. Order proper sizes for both sides of branch box.
Here are the fitting sizes on the branch box:

Indoor (A B C) outdoor unit (D)

A B C D

Liquid pipe 1/4, 1/4, 1/4, 3/8

Gas pipe 3/8, 3/8, 3/8, 5/8

So what you are saying is to match my line sets to these connections sizes on the branch box even though the indoor units are different?

Thanks

B

Badpoor313

After reading the branch box installation manual it suggest:

The piping connection size differs according to the type and capacity of

indoor units. Match the piping connection size for indoor unit and branch

box. If the piping connection size of branch box does not match the piping

connection size of indoor unit, use optional different-diameter (deformed)

joints to the branch box side. (Connect deformed joint directly to

the branch box side.)

So according to the manual I should get line sets matching the indoor units.

Which way would you install it?

Thanks

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Your on the right track. Start from indoor unit run line set to branch box, match up lineset size to indoor unit. Reduce or expand at branch box. Then run second larger size lineset from branch box to condenser and reduce or expand lineset at condenser.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

After reading the branch box installation manual it suggest:

The piping connection size differs according to the type and capacity of

indoor units. Match the piping connection size for indoor unit and branch

box. If the piping connection size of branch box does not match the piping

connection size of indoor unit, use optional different-diameter (deformed)

joints to the branch box side. (Connect deformed joint directly to

the branch box side.)

So according to the manual I should get line sets matching the indoor units.

Which way would you install it?

Thanks

According to the manual. Get a pro if you can please

lollipopman

lollipopman

What's the average cost on installing a mini split? Going to get that lg 3ton don't wanna get screwed on install price

Big Whodi

Big Whodi

Anyone here tried those Friedrich Breeze mini splits? They only come in 12k and 24k BTU but you can install them yourself, no HVAC or special tools required supposedly. I hear they are good.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
When you say no special tools required what does that mean? You don't have to evacuate it to 500 microns?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Anyone here tried those Friedrich Breeze mini splits? They only come in 12k and 24k BTU but you can install them yourself, no HVAC or special tools required supposedly. I hear they are good.

Never seen one but looking at the connections on their website makes me wonder.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Ok i have a pos Ideal Air mini that has a leak somewhere not at the connections. I keep getting it charged but im tired of that. I see there is a Stop Leak product does anyone know if it works?

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
sometimes they work,sometimes they can destroy your compressor.they make a dye you can put in there to find the leak also

I guess I'll ask my ac guy tomorrow. I went ahead and bought a tank of freon with a guage and connectors from amazon so I can charge it myself next time. This is only my 3rd summer with it and Ive had to charge it after the first one! Next unit will be an upgrade for sure!

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
I usually leak check with dry nitrogen and soap bubbles if it's a small leak. The leak seal is 50/50. I have seen the leak seal destroy a Mitsubishi inverter compressor lol if your indoor unit keeps Iceing up and you are positive the connections are not leaking then the Evap coil may have been damaged from the ice expanding and contracting.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Also if you have low pressure readings that does not always mean it's short of charge it could be a restriction or airflow issue. I'm not saying it is just keep mind open to all that could happen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom