Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vino

Yes I would. Can not remember the brand . Been smoking. Will get you info soon.

So its a venstar. ive attached the images. The stat is about 9 feet from center of room where lights are. The reading is way off cos its right when lights flipped.

Do you have a dehu recommedation? the Soleus have been recalled, IdealAIR are crap, and if I step up to a Phoenix its $1500. Anything in between.

Stat2
Thermostat
johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Hello I was wondering I'm moving I to a new place as in my old place I had a 10x10x7 tent with a window ac (not in the window) with a back plenum and ducted to another room while it worked perfectly I had to deal with the mess of insulated duct running and hot air in the other room a complete mess.
So my question is my new place has a great window that I would like to put an 25,000 btu window ac but I'm afraid of the winter I know of reading that it will be an issue, how do I install a low ambient kit or do window ac come with that option. Also note that I would love a mini split I can't cause it's a house rental and really it's strange the owner is going to think all the money or a mini split for a rental please help thanks

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

So its a venstar. ive attached the images. The stat is about 9 feet from center of room where lights are. The reading is way off cos its right when lights flipped.

Do you have a dehu recommedation? the Soleus have been recalled, IdealAIR are crap, and if I step up to a Phoenix its $1500. Anything in between.

That stat can not have a remote sensor. Venstar makes ones that can use a remote sensor. I would get 2- 40 pint residential dehueys. I got mine on Craigslist.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hello I was wondering I'm moving I to a new place as in my old place I had a 10x10x7 tent with a window ac (not in the window) with a back plenum and ducted to another room while it worked perfectly I had to deal with the mess of insulated duct running and hot air in the other room a complete mess.
So my question is my new place has a great window that I would like to put an 25,000 btu window ac but I'm afraid of the winter I know of reading that it will be an issue, how do I install a low ambient kit or do window ac come with that option. Also note that I would love a mini split I can't cause it's a house rental and really it's strange the owner is going to think all the money or a mini split for a rental please help thanks

Most likely no low ambient kit available for any window bangers. You could try a piece of cardboard across part of the condenser coil when it is cooler than 50F outside. Other than that you could not do anything. I doubt I could do anything.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Most likely no low ambient kit available for any window bangers. You could try a piece of cardboard across part of the condenser coil when it is cooler than 50F outside. Other than that you could not do anything. I doubt I could do anything.

Hey John, do you think dedicating 9000 watts, roughly 50 amps, on a 100 amp, Zinsco panel is pushing it?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey Big John have you ever used a 4-way duct fitting? Do they make them?

You can have any fitting made at a good sheet metal shop. Never used one but if done properly with manual volume dampers it should work fine.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Thank you for all your info John. Fantastic.

I'd appreciate your opinion very much on my plan - I'm looking to do 10k vertical lights without cooling, running the ballasts up to the attic, in a 550 sq ft room with 10' tall ceilings.
CO2 enriched, mostly sealed, in a Northern climate that doesn't quite get to freezing. 125 amp panel for the building the setup is in.

Was considering saving $$ on Mitsubishis by getting a pair of LGs instead. ...
LG Mini Split 20 SEER 24000 BTU LA240HSV2

Would you recommend this setup or is it insufficient in your professional opinion?
Deeply appreciated.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Thank you for all your info John. Fantastic.

I'd appreciate your opinion very much on my plan - I'm looking to do 10k vertical lights without cooling, running the ballasts up to the attic, in a 550 sq ft room with 10' tall ceilings.
CO2 enriched, mostly sealed, in a Northern climate that doesn't quite get to freezing. 125 amp panel for the building the setup is in.

Was considering saving $$ on Mitsubishis by getting a pair of LGs instead. ...
LG Mini Split 20 SEER 24000 BTU LA240HSV2

Would you recommend this setup or is it insufficient in your professional opinion?
Deeply appreciated.

What are your high temps during summer? If they go around 100F then I would make one unit 36000 btu unit. Just my thoughts. LG makes a good product. I have one in my room.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Hey brother... what are your thoughts on the coolerado coolers using a lung room and dehumidifying the from the top part of the unit and pushing it back into the room or rooms? Have you seen these in action?

I believe using them this way would be the only way to have an enclosed room.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey brother... what are your thoughts on the coolerado coolers using a lung room and dehumidifying the from the top part of the unit and pushing it back into the room or rooms? Have you seen these in action?

I believe using them this way would be the only way to have an enclosed room.

I have not.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Hey CJ, my high local temps sometimes hit 100, though not for long. Going to go with your recommendations.

Truly you're an excellent help, resource, knowledgeable mofo, and all around righteous dude. I'm going to bring you something cool next time I'm in SoCal. I vow.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey CJ, my high local temps sometimes hit 100, though not for long. Going to go with your recommendations.

Truly you're an excellent help, resource, knowledgeable mofo, and all around righteous dude. I'm going to bring you something cool next time I'm in SoCal. I vow.

Thank you very much.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

(I realize that's only 54k btus total; I will gladly keep veg and flower rooms both dark in 8(12) hottest hours of the day)

Just trying to save money, get at least a little cooling for veg room. Maybe 2 single zone minisplits for flower but a small portable room unit for veg?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

How about this unit Cannabis John, for the 2nd (larger) unit.... it'd allow a dual zone for my veg room too since summer gets near 100F a few times...
Model #:Pridiom Multi Zone Series PMD333HDX 30,000 BTU Mini Split Air Conditioner With Heat, Wireless Remote, Dehumidification Mode, Auto Swing Louver, Auto Restart
http://www.appliancesconnection.com/pridiom-pmd333hdx-i309347.html?ref=nextag

I am not familiar with that brand. I suspect it is Chinese so be careful. Plus it had no reviews. Just a word of warning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom