Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey CJ, just wondering with your 6000 btu per 1000 watt light calculation, does that include the ballast in the room or not? And if so how much will that number reduce to if ballasts were outside room? And also what about co2 generation, was that factored in the equation? Using tanks would not increase btu requirements i would think.
Thanks for all the info on this thread, i tried to find the answers reading as much as i can here but 54 pages takes me a while.
Cheers

6000 should take care of all of those items. Leave ballasts out of room but that number would still cover it

One Flip

One Flip

Hey CJ, as always thanks for the time answering everyones questions and provided valuable info! When purchasing the Mitsubishi mini's is it better to get cooling only and supplement heat another way to reduce wear and tear on the unit? And are the Seer rating and btu's the only thing to consider when purchasing a Mitsu? I see some units have the same seer and btu rating but vary in price.. I read where Fish asked the same question on about page 20 and you suggested AC Warehouse Outlet.. i was just curious what other parts make the unit fluctuate so much in price?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey CJ, as always thanks for the time answering everyones questions and provided valuable info! When purchasing the Mitsubishi mini's is it better to get cooling only and supplement heat another way to reduce wear and tear on the unit? And are the Seer rating and btu's the only thing to consider when purchasing a Mitsu? I see some units have the same seer and btu rating but vary in price.. I read where Fish asked the same question on about page 20 and you suggested AC Warehouse Outlet.. i was just curious what other parts make the unit fluctuate so much in price?

Shouldn't vary that much if model numbers are same. If u need heat buy heat pumps.

B

Bongwater830

I have my tent in my garage and there is no air conditioning. I live in Texas and it can get quite hot. My light is air cooled. Any ideas on keeping temps down inside tent?
Peace...bongwater

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I have my tent in my garage and there is no air conditioning. I live in Texas and it can get quite hot. My light is air cooled. Any ideas on keeping temps down inside tent?
Peace...bongwater

Need a/c. Maybe window unit to cool garage and fan to pull cool air from garage into ur tent and light

P

pookie

hey john .. i am having some night time issues with my mini splits my temps are dropping to low i dont understand what setting will heat the room at night ...unfoutnatly i am located in the middle of snow storms so it is very cold out with lights off...

S

shortnWide

Hello John. I'm new to the site and forms in general. I seen this thread and had a question or two.
I'm well over do for AC:
Have a 20'x13' room.
12 x 600's ( ballist in room )
CO2 generator (6 burners on)
Couple blowers
Half dozen fans
Big dehumidifier

-my plan is to get a 60k BTU 5 zone, 12k BTU each zone w/ heat pump:
1 x veg room
4 x flower room
Does this sound like it is a sound decision?

Thanks SnW.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

hey john .. i am having some night time issues with my mini splits my temps are dropping to low i dont understand what setting will heat the room at night ...unfoutnatly i am located in the middle of snow storms so it is very cold out with lights off...

You may not have heat. I need the model number of inside and outside unit to check.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hello John. I'm new to the site and forms in general. I seen this thread and had a question or two.
I'm well over do for AC:
Have a 20'x13' room.
12 x 600's ( ballist in room )
CO2 generator (6 burners on)
Couple blowers
Half dozen fans
Big dehumidifier

-my plan is to get a 60k BTU 5 zone, 12k BTU each zone w/ heat pump:
1 x veg room
4 x flower room
Does this sound like it is a sound decision?

Thanks SnW.

Mini split? If so I haven't heard of one 60k. Biggest outdoor unit I have seen is 48k. How much lights in veg? I need both rooms parameters

P

pookie

You may not have heat. I need the model number of inside and outside unit to check.
Hey john thamx for quick reply I beleive I do have heat I have a thermocore system the model is T116s-h236-c....I have the setting at 64 the room drops to 60 at night

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey john thamx for quick reply I beleive I do have heat I have a thermocore system the model is T116s-h236-c....I have the setting at 64 the room drops to 60 at night

It is a heat pump. My guess is you have it in the wrong mode. Look at remote and change mode to heat.

P

pookie

It is a heat pump. My guess is you have it in the wrong mode. Look at remote and change mode to heat.
Yeah but if I put it in heat how will it cool the room at night ... It seems the auto feature is at 70• but that will raise my room temps to 93 wth lights on

S

shortnWide

Mini split? If so I haven't heard of one 60k. Biggest outdoor unit I have seen is 48k. How much lights in veg? I need both rooms parameters

Sorry forgot.
Veg is 14 x 14
60 x 4ft T5's
4 x fans
Blower

And I think Toshiba makes a 60 ton model but idk if its a good brand? Or what brands are good. I'm hoping to not have multiple AC units. Thanks.

K

KGBudman

I find it rather strange that I can't seem to find mitsubishi units online that ship from somewhere closer than Florida. WTH? I live in WA state and can't seem to find a local warehouse.I would think there should be plenty on the west coast. Anyone?

seaslug

seaslug

Maybe give this place a call:
GENSCO - BELLINGHAM
Mr. Slim and CITY MULTI Distributor
1630 Division St.
BELLINGHAM, WA 98226
(360) 676-8874

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I find it rather strange that I can't seem to find mitsubishi units online that ship from somewhere closer than Florida. WTH? I live in WA state and can't seem to find a local warehouse.I would think there should be plenty on the west coast. Anyone?

PM me. I'm in Cali and can get great deals on Mr Slim and ship them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom