Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So where does the air being exhausted come from if not room air? Seems like if you don't want room air being exhausted you'd have to have outside air brought in. That air being exhausted has to come from somewhere right?
yes see the black duct? It hook to a register in my floor and sucks air thru it, down thru the compressor, and out thru a dryer vent. I can drop my temp to 70 with lights on, 1800 watts hps, plus dealing with the heat when the dehuey kicks on...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I have a single hose LG 14k portable and it FN rocks! I can get 3x600 to 70* lights on and have the unit cycle on/off. With the 1260cmh it's easy Pease. Can do 68* lights on easily.

But alas, she's a power monger vs a mini split.
i have a single hose lg and it rocks too... I had to build the intake box of course, but its a beast!

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
I don't have one yet but yes a window unit is what I'm talking about.
Where does the air come from that is exhausted out the back? If the only connection to the window is the hose exhausting from back of unit that air has to come from room, no?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I don't have one yet but yes a window unit is what I'm talking about.
Where does the air come from that is exhausted out the back? If the only connection to the window is the hose exhausting from back of unit that air has to come from room, no?
i think you might be getting a window unit and a portable confused.. If its a window unit, then you dont need anything, just put it in the window.
If its a portable, and it only has an exhaust then you have to build a box that wraps around the intake vent in the rear(prob closest to bottom) and run a intake to that box. It can be a very tough build.

MikeyMike01

MikeyMike01

If you're in SoCal why are you trying to be so stealth? One mini split on a warehouse roof doesn't mean anything in socal. It means you have a small area to cool. Your friend's a/c units are gonna fry. Bad way to do it. The condenser needs to be outside

I'm sub leasing a portion of the warehouse from a friend, he know what I'm doing but he want me to be discreet because the warehouse is part of a multi unit building. I'm planning to do 2 20x10 room with 6 light each. Going to need 4 mini spilt and it's going to bring attention if I have 4 condenser on the roof. Just trying to find way to be stealth as possible. Don't mind putting out the money. @CannabisJohn have u ever heard or use these commercial portable Ac unit?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I'm sub leasing a portion of the warehouse from a friend, he know what I'm doing but he want me to be discreet because the warehouse is part of a multi unit building. I'm planning to do 2 20x10 room with 6 light each. Going to need 4 mini spilt and it's going to bring attention if I have 4 condenser on the roof. Just trying to find way to be stealth as possible. Don't mind putting out the money. @CannabisJohn have u ever heard or use these commercial portable Ac unit?

Why 4 mini splits when you only have 2 rooms? You need 3 tons per room with 6 lights or you can do a single zoned 4 ton conventional split unit to do both rooms. They make commercial portable units but they are super expensive and guzzle electricity.

MikeyMike01

MikeyMike01

Why 4 mini splits when you only have 2 rooms? You need 3 tons per room with 6 lights or you can do a single zoned 4 ton conventional split unit to do both rooms. They make commercial portable units but they are super expensive and guzzle electricity.

Thanks cannbisjohn, you are right! After talking to more experienced growers at a gathering yesterday they said the same exact thing as you.

Happy 420 guys.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
I can't put it in the window. That is whole point. I thought I could build a box and keep unit hidden.
If i was going to put it in the window I wouldn't be building a box.

bdank

bdank

Has anybody ever dealt with a quietside. Something happened to my mini split where it cycles power on both head units (Very fast on off cycles) and won't stay heating or cooling (switches itself). Got a u8 error which i can't find an explanation for as well. Thought the out side condenser unit got fried from a past brown out problem but replaced it yesterday $$ and its doing the exact same thing? My last guess is humidity messed up the indoor head units but idk. The cooling and heating do work, when the unit stays set on one mode, but that doesn't last. model : qsfmo-q4

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Has anybody ever dealt with a quietside. Something happened to my mini split where it cycles power on both head units (Very fast on off cycles) and won't stay heating or cooling (switches itself). Got a u8 error which i can't find an explanation for as well. Thought the out side condenser unit got fried from a past brown out problem but replaced it yesterday $$ and its doing the exact same thing? My last guess is humidity messed up the indoor head units but idk. The cooling and heating do work, when the unit stays set on one mode, but that doesn't last. model : qsfmo-q4

Not sure but check this out. https://www.manualslib.com/manual/811907/Quietside-Qs09-Vp115.html?page=33#manual. Not your model but most likely same error code meaning for both units. I would also turn off power and check all wiring connections of power wiring to outdoor unit and also wiring between indoor and outdoor unit. If you already replaced that board then contact Quietside tech support.

Top Bottom