Growing Some Monsters (outdoor Scrog)

• Thread starter Greatlakes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Love love love the poop. Used horse manure this year and plan on using it from now on.

Built a couple 5x5' boxes this year, started adding table scraps to one then filled them both with weeds, covered with old shower doors then 2 weeks later filled them with horse manure and replaced the doors. A few weeks later a pumpkin popped and tomatoes followed so the doors came off and I planted tomato seedlings and a few clones in the other box.
20190928 101924

Pumpkins were harvested about a month ago
20190928 102023

well over 20 lbs of tomatoes (Just harvested yesterday what was there for salsa) and looks like a few oz of bud to come.

Love the poop and even started to use it in my potting mix.

Just FYI, this is my favorite post on this site. You ROCK girl!!!😘

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Love love love the poop. Used horse manure this year and plan on using it from now on.

Built a couple 5x5' boxes this year, started adding table scraps to one then filled them both with weeds, covered with old shower doors then 2 weeks later filled them with horse manure and replaced the doors. A few weeks later a pumpkin popped and tomatoes followed so the doors came off and I planted tomato seedlings and a few clones in the other box.
View attachment 899491
Pumpkins were harvested about a month ago
View attachment 899492
well over 20 lbs of tomatoes (Just harvested yesterday what was there for salsa) and looks like a few oz of bud to come.

Love the poop and even started to use it in my potting mix.

Just FYI, this is my favorite post on this site. You ROCK girl!!!😘
Awe shucks...thanks so much! Really appreciate the good vibes! So glad it is working out for you. Try giving the plants bigger root on their own and you will see a big difference. When I used smaller spots I only got ounces. When I bumped up to 50 gallons I got a pound + ...when I went to 400 gallons I got 7+ pounds a plant. Makes a huge difference.
Keep on rockin it and learning!

Rooke

Rooke

I cant believe how well this plant did without feeding it or watering it. Amazing
Heya gl I see you’re back! Nice to hear from you again!! Kinda missed you! Saw your plant that’s soo cool! Magical! I went from 17 gal pots to 35 gal this year and check out the difference from last year. I dropped some trees and cleaned out a lot of brush in my grow area this year things aren’t so crammed. It’s kinda shitty that I have huge stumps and boulders out there. growing in the ground isn’t an option but building some raised beds might be in the future. Pests gave me a new respect for growing outdoors . I had Cannabis borers, leaf hoppers and aphids to deal with it was a challenge to stay on top with them. It was unusually dry here this summer until September hit then we had a nasty hail storm roll thru marble sized and a-bit bigger. Crap!!! that ripped the gals up broke branches the winds were brutal. Hope all is well for you and thanks for helping me be a better farmer!!!

3ED5DD0E 7D2F 422B 9E3B 1CC37142F440
FEB90EE7 1057 4E88 BA26 2C9EA77FCA9C
0FD744C5 4E82 4EFC 8B6B AD649393EFBE
E4EA786B 7BE5 4CF8 BE71 33CE38CF053D
C1616312 E099 45CC 897F C63064222576
5E526091 BE33 41E1 86B1 E53B847388A3
828CD40D F605 4FAC A86B 377A9430B70A
1263D61C E792 413A A759 DE4BCF535C96
Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Heya gl I see you’re back! Nice to hear from you again!! Kinda missed you! Saw your plant that’s soo cool! Magical! I went from 17 gal pots to 35 gal this year and check out the difference from last year. I dropped some trees and cleaned out a lot of brush in my grow area this year things aren’t so crammed. It’s kinda shitty that I have huge stumps and boulders out there. growing in the ground isn’t an option but building some raised beds might be in the future. Pests gave me a new respect for growing outdoors . I had Cannabis borers, leaf hoppers and aphids to deal with it was a challenge to stay on top with them. It was unusually dry here this summer until September hit then we had a nasty hail storm roll thru marble sized and a-bit bigger. Crap!!! that ripped the gals up broke branches the winds were brutal. Hope all is well for you and thanks for helping me be a better farmer!!!
Wow you did amazing! Great job indeed! If you bumped up your grow bags to something even bigger I'm sure you would out do me by leaps and bounds! Great job and you will only get better from here!

Rooke

Rooke

Wow you did amazing! Great job indeed! If you bumped up your grow bags to something even bigger I'm sure you would out do me by leaps and bounds! Great job and you will only get better from here!
Heya gl thank you hope all is well I picked these up for this years outdoor run I’m super excited to see how they do I’m going to grow 10 this year LVTK fem LVTK OG fem Gorilla Wreck #4 and some Cowboy Kush reg. And Nuken again tada!

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Heya gl thank you hope all is well I picked these up for this years outdoor run I’m super excited to see how they do I’m going to grow 10 this year LVTK fem LVTK OG fem Gorilla Wreck #4 and some Cowboy Kush reg. And Nuken again tada!
Wow... nice selection.. your going to love them :)

shaganja

shaganja

Wow! What a thread! This Michigan yooper is going cow doo this season! I will be doing a air pruned raised bed also. Will also be using worm towers. Thanks great Lakes!!

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Wow! What a thread! This Michigan yooper is going cow doo this season! I will be doing a air pruned raised bed also. Will also be using worm towers. Thanks great Lakes!!
Lol you wont go back I promise. I tried every bag soil and then tried super soils... but this... THIS IS WHERE THE MAGIC IS!

I will also be using a line called boogie brew this yr (a compost tea kit) a friend of mine added that to their grow (also using the manure) .....yeah it was off the wall!

I hope you send me pics so I can see!

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Just so anyone who follows my thread is wondering...
Due to unforeseen circumstances I will not be able to grow in my boxes this yr.
I thought I had to guerilla grow but ended up having a good friend say I can use their land.
I plan on doing 100 gallon grow bags because I just dont have the time for bigger this yr.

A new thread will be started in a couple of weeks!
Cheers!

R

redshift75

Do people not like growing in manure? manure compost is 50% of my soil. I buy good soil then i mix it with crap. I must have this organic thing all wrong 😂 😂 😂 😂

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Do people not like growing in manure? manure compost is 50% of my soil. I buy good soil then i mix it with crap. I must have this organic thing all wrong 😂 😂 😂 😂
Ppl like spending far toooo much on designer dirt.... I say let them! Lol manure will out grow any super soil anytime anywhere!
Cant wait to start my new thread!

Latest posts

Top Bottom