Growing Some Monsters (outdoor Scrog)

• Thread starter Greatlakes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shaganja

shaganja

Do people not like growing in manure? manure compost is 50% of my soil. I buy good soil then i mix it with crap. I must have this organic thing all wrong 😂 😂 😂 😂
I think maybe ppl are intimidated it will be too hot. Growers usually use it for top dress during flower, or mix it like you do, but rare do you see ppl growing right in it! And great Lakes is knockin it out the park!!

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Next weekend they get transplanted. Lots and lots of work to do before then. 😁

shaganja

shaganja

Gonna be a long day! Lol

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Heya GL is 20% worm castings to much to mix in good soil?
Guess it depends on the soil. I dont add any to mine because it's already loaded with it. Friends of mine that do tho...yeah it's about 10 to 20 depending on the soil.

R

redshift75

I think maybe ppl are intimidated it will be too hot. Growers usually use it for top dress during flower, or mix it like you do, but rare do you see ppl growing right in it! And great Lakes is knockin it out the park!!
i would use it 100% but i till it in to acre plots. This time and this place i get it from a farm when he cleans his poo pits and he ran down about idk 10 yards. I may do a side by side and see how it turns out in just poo. Technically it has hay and some gypsum in it for what he uses for his stalls. But largely barnyard poo. ive never not done it where i dont add compost. But i bet if i dug deep on the pile and take from the broken down stuff wouldnt be too bad for my hardened plants. i generally do 4x4x4 holes. So id just fill one straight #forscience

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

i would use it 100% but i till it in to acre plots. This time and this place i get it from a farm when he cleans his poo pits and he ran down about idk 10 yards. I may do a side by side and see how it turns out in just poo. Technically it has hay and some gypsum in it for what he uses for his stalls. But largely barnyard poo. ive never not done it where i dont add compost. But i bet if i dug deep on the pile and take from the broken down stuff wouldnt be too bad for my hardened plants. i generally do 4x4x4 holes. So id just fill one straight #forscience
What most ppl dont know is that aged composted manure is only around .5/.5/.5
Which is super low as far as the npk. This is why I have to amend my manure otherwise they dont get everything they need.
If you did a side by side tho...I promise you won't ever grow any other way

Madbud

Madbud

Which is super low as far as the npk. This is why I have to amend my manure otherwise they dont get everything they need.
And right away the pH is 5.5 too.

Rooke

Rooke

This gives me an 💡 so I’m growing some beef steak tomatoes probably in 5 gallon pails i typically give them miracle grow. I’m wanting to make a horse manure tea and for shits and giggles do a side by side comparison with them. I’m such a chicken shit to do it with my gals though thoughts??

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

This gives me an 💡 so I’m growing some beef steak tomatoes probably in 5 gallon pails i typically give them miracle grow. I’m wanting to make a horse manure tea and for shits and giggles do a side by side comparison with them. I’m such a chicken shit to do it with my gals though thoughts??
It will do great if you are working with a compost soil blend and have living soil... if not then the mg will do better.

Top Bottom