Guess Who, Bitches? Round Two - Ding Ding.

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Bossman, stoked to have you stop on by.

NorcalTom, thanks dude. Best of luck on your wild ride as well.

Shady, Great to see you around. Nice smoke reports.:rauch08:

easy, my man from amsterdam!:D Awesome. I'll need the luck.

Medi, thanks man. While not quite boobs, great support anyhow.

If you can for next run bump that up to a 1k watt MH. I used to run 2 - 400 Watt MH Hortilux Blue to veg then switched to a 1k watt to veg and the difference was night and day, the same strain had half the node spacing and the plant were all around thicker and healthier looking. Ill never go back to less for my veg.

Are all your bulbs dual arc?? Have you ever put in a 1k HPS and compared the growth?? Maybe run 2 and 2... (sorry if I have already missed that experiment in the past.

We shall see how my veg room cooling does this summer. If it is well under control, then I can think of going to the 1k. As far as the flower room, yes, all bulbs are dual arc. Never ran the room before otherwise, so no comparison info here. I'm lookin for whatever spectrum will give the best quality. That is most important to me.

I really like the home made drip rings. Or at least that what it looks like. I have been using 2 lines to each plant. I am going to make a bunch of these, seems like it will spread the water much better.

Yep Smokey, just some T's and some tubing. I like the dual feed, especially on the larger plants. It does help to more evenly distribute the water.

-TF:evilgrin0013:

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

Always the cleanest rooms and work from you TF, glad to see this up and running again. And thanks again for the DIY muffler that thing is magic.

N

NorcalTom

Tf,

Superclean setup, one of the best I have every seen. on your drip system rings. This is exactly what I was planning on doing but I don't know if your drill holes in the ring(if you do how many) or use some kind of fitting. I looked in the forums to see what size pump you used for the drippers for the six plants but couldn't find it? I only ask because in the veg I will be using only one feed when the plants are smaller but when the get into the big room I was going to use a 1000 gph pump with two feeds per 10 plants. Again the cosntruction skills are of the hook.

Thanks NCT

B

Bobby Smith

As far as the flower room, yes, all bulbs are dual arc. Never ran the room before otherwise, so no comparison info here. I'm lookin for whatever spectrum will give the best quality. That is most important to me.

Maybe it's different for you since you're running 1Ks, but running 600s of dual arcs and HPS and the HPS is easily 2x as bright - I realize PAR is important, but the intensity difference is analogous to a 1K to a 400 - it's pretty astounding.

I hate checking out your thread because your room is so damn clean it's pretty much unattainable to a slob like me...........keep up the good work, bro.

aleYarok

aleYarok

Maybe it's different for you since you're running 1Ks, but running 600s of dual arcs and HPS and the HPS is easily 2x as bright - I realize PAR is important, but the intensity difference is analogous to a 1K to a 400 - it's pretty astounding.

I hate checking out your thread because your room is so damn clean it's pretty much unattainable to a slob like me...........keep up the good work, bro.
i remember reading somewhere dual arcs are 600k of HPS and 400k of MH

JPLord01

JPLord01

Nice off to the races good job give us a full pull there TF you can do it.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

LordDankinstein, thanks man. The room will not be having any more down time for a while...

NorcalTom, the drip rings are just a bunch of 1/4" T's and tubing. My pump at the moment running the 5 tubs is just an Ecoplus633. I am still just running it on a timer as I did when it was just drip.

Bobby, nice to have you by. I will rock these till replacement time, then figure it out. Who knows by then if things will evolve differently with my lighting. As far as the dual arcs, I have heard nothing but excellent feedback about the spectrum.

Ale, correctamundo!

JP, thanks for the pep talk. I will surely have the pedal to the metal. Hopefully I aim the right way.

-TF

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Son of a Bitch!

OK, this is getting a wee bit lame. I think that I may have a Calcium deficiency, but I'm not sure. This came on pretty quick. The plants have yellowing between the veins and leaf perimeter on older growth. Some leaves necrotic between veins.

The nutes are H&G Aqua Flakes A&B at 570ppm. PH from 5.6 to 6.2 The only other thing they get is 2ml per gal of Hydro Fungicide. I was reading that Aqua Flakes had plenty of Calcium already, so I was running just great in my veg room with just the A&B. The plants grew like crazy.

I gave them a foliar of 2ml per gal of Cal Mag with some Penetrator. I will see in the morning if they look happier or not from the feeding.

These pics are all taken from the worst one.:worried

Giddeon

Giddeon

OK, this is getting a wee bit lame. I think that I may have a Calcium deficiency, but I'm not sure. This came on pretty quick. The plants have yellowing between the veins and leaf perimeter on older growth. Some leaves necrotic between veins.

The nutes are H&G Aqua Flakes A&B at 570ppm. PH from 5.6 to 6.2 The only other thing they get is 2ml per gal of Hydro Fungicide. I was reading that Aqua Flakes had plenty of Calcium already, so I was running just great in my veg room with just the A&B. The plants grew like crazy.

I gave them a foliar of 2ml per gal of Cal Mag with some Penetrator. I will see in the morning if they look happier or not from the feeding.

These pics are all taken from the worst one.:worried

TF idk if its just me but I cant see a pic.....

Every run in my MPB's I have done the plants exhibit the same deficiency you are describing and it does seem to come on over night. For me it usually takes place a day or two before the res change from vegetative nutes to Flowering cycle nutes. I never treat specifically for this deficiency. Once the res gets changed and the bloom nutes go in the problem has always quickly gone away and no other problems like this arose. Don't know how it effects yields in the end but even with this going on in the beginning I have gotten 3.5lbs per plant, with each plant only receiving 3 sides of light (kinda).

Good Luck,
Giddeon

M

mrdizzle

you might be dealing with lumen shock. Im not sure what bulb you have in the veg room but going from a tek-5 or 400w or even a 600w to 4000w, even hung high up will shock your girls. I would run two light high up and flip flop them every 12hrs for a couple days, then slowly drop the lights down, after a week you should be in the money zone.

IMO the only def you will see with DWC is cal/mg but you wont notice this until week 2-4 of flower. it comes from rapid growth, and the cal/mg uptake can not keep up, and also from high levels of PK(koolbloom ect). you will notice this def from the very tips of the leafs burning, just the tips

Giddeon

Giddeon

you might be dealing with lumen shock. Im not sure what bulb you have in the veg room but going from a tek-5 or 400w or even a 600w to 4000w, even hung high up will shock your girls. I would run two light high up and flip flop them every 12hrs for a couple days, then slowly drop the lights down, after a week you should be in the money zone.

IMO the only def you will see with DWC is cal/mg but you wont notice this until week 2-4 of flower. it comes from rapid growth, and the cal/mg uptake can not keep up, and also from high levels of PK(koolbloom ect). you will notice this def from the very tips of the leafs burning, just the tips

Good Post!! Thanks for sharing the info.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Fuck! I know I loaded up the photos. I will put them up when I get home tonight.

Dizzle, thanks for helping out buddy. Did I mention how much I'm diggin the coco? Thanks for that one as well. The lights are all on at 400w output on the digi ballasts. The lights were up high for the first 2 days. Then lowered em down. The veg light was a 600mh. The plants were consistently at maybe 6" off the glass of the light hood. Befoe transplant they were raging. At least an couple of inches growth each day. In a 25 gal res they were drinking 3 gal and close to 50ppm of nutes each day. Now the ppm started at 570 on sunday. It is now 580-590 and I have already had to lower ph since my original mix at 5.6

-TF

M

mrdizzle

thats a sealed room right? I have heard you shouldnt put them in at 1500ppm right away, instead steadily go up 400ppm to 1500

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

You talkin nute ppm or co2? Nutes at 580 co2 runs between 1050 & 1400

M

mrdizzle

co2, I dont run sealed rooms so I dont have actual experience on this but I have heard thru the vein that it can shock your plants, maybe try to lower it to 400ppm then work it up over the week

Giddeon

Giddeon

Yeah for me first 2 days in the system the Co2 isnt even on. Then it gets turned to 700 the first day on and goes up by 150 ppm a day until it reaches 1450 where I max mine out. I have never just started them with the Co2 turned up so I dont know how it would stress the plant.

Are you dimming the Dual arc bulbs?? The reason I question that is because I thought you couldn't. Thought only could Dim 1k and 600 HPS bulbs, So no problem for your HPS arc tube but how does the MH Tube inside handle it? Can you turbo charge or super lumens while using the Dual are bulbs?

B

Bobby Smith

I run 600s, so take it for what it's worth, but I can dim my dual arcs to 50% and they're fine; I can't measure it, but the color looks to be fairly similar to me as they are at 100%.

As far as CO2, my clones come out of the womb (humidity dome) at ~600PPMs and have no problem dealing with swings as high as 1500PPMs, even at 2" tall.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Pics

OK,
here's the friggin pics.

IMG 2124

IMG 2125

IMG 2126

Root shot of the same plant

IMG 2128

Lost, thanks for the inspiration, but my collars are siliconed to the lid for keeping the buckets from being so submerged.

Dizzle,
I will drop the CO2 ppm and same on the nutes.

Giddeon,
yes, I am dimming the dual arcs. It definitely works. Big difference from 4 to 6 to 1k. I never made it to super lumen last run, but I will definitely hit it when the opportunity arises.

-TF

Top Bottom