Haggards 4x4 tent grow

• Thread starter Haggardass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Haggardass

Haggardass

I dont really know if this will be a journal so much as me just posting random pictures, but i'm using a 1000 watt nextgen ballast, an xtrasun 6" air cooled hood and an eye hortilux bulb. I have a 6 inch inline cooling the hood and will be adding a 6 inch fan/ filter combo during flower, I also have an 8000 btu portable ac ducted into the side of my tent. I got the tent off of ebay, I bought the absolute cheapest one i could find, there are no light leaks that I could see but I will be checking more in depth as time goes on.

The plants consist of: 4 female seeds C99, 3 Nirvana White Widow, and 1 World of Seeds Afghan kush special.

The plants were planted into some cheap home depot soil mixed with some extra perlite, but that stuff had no nutrients in it at all so the plants were short on nitrogen, so about 3 days ago i transplanted them into fox farms ocean forest, since then they have really taken off, I want to try to keep up in this thread to try and keep my dates straight I geriminated these plants somewhere around the middle of last month and I turned the big light on about the 25th, the plants didnt do much between the time I turned the light on and the 12th of june as you can see in the first picture that was all they did the whole time and then they pretty much stopped, I transplanted them into the ffof on the night of the 12th and they have taken off, the rest of the pictures are over the last couple of days. Ill be updating pictures somewhat regularly of there progress since theres not much going on in veg, and even more so in flower.

6/12/13
Haggards 4x4 tent grow

6/14/13
Haggards 4x4 tent grow 2

6/15/13
Haggards 4x4 tent grow 3

C

chuckler

Nice start! Bet you're glad about the switch. I'm a newbie but had great luck during veg on a mix of 2 bags Fox Farm Ocean Forest to one bag Happy Frog. I didn't fertilize for the first 20 days. I flipped 'em before having to feed them grow nutes.

Haggardass

Haggardass

Looking good so far! :) Good luck!

Thx man im excited to get into it here lol

Nice start! Bet you're glad about the switch. I'm a newbie but had great luck during veg on a mix of 2 bags Fox Farm Ocean Forest to one bag Happy Frog. I didn't fertilize for the first 20 days. I flipped 'em before having to feed them grow nutes.

Ya im def glad i made the change Ive been using ffof for the past three years and was just trying to cut some costs as i live on the east coast so ffof is 25 bucks a bag, the soil I bought said it had all kinds of "the good stuff" in it but they were full of shit, never again will i buy anything other then ffof lol, im going to start ixing my own soil I mixed soil last summer and think I could have made it hotter, but it still helped my girls along outside. Thanks for checking in im going to try and update every day idk how long ill be able to stick to that but heres the one for today, ill post more as things get more exciting.

6/16/13
20130616 180402   Copy

Haggardass

Haggardass

Just wanted to update with some pictures, these were from yesterday, anyone know why my leaves are curling up like that it doesnt seem to have gotten any worse today, but my temps only go as high as about 81 or 82 itll get up to 84 if im in it but then it will go back down when i close it up and im not feeding anything just watering with distilled water since ffof feeds enough for the first few weeks.
20130618 205959   Copy
20130618 210045   Copy
20130618 210130   Copy

N

NWElite89

Temps are a little warm for the plants at this stage. You can get away with low 80's temp with certain strains in flower. IMO The leaves are curling because the air is dry and water is evaporating from the plants leaves faster than the plant can transfer the water. I would try and get the temps down into the mid 70's , but no higher than 77.

Haggardass

Haggardass

I think the temp should be going back down at this point i got my central air fixed so my light is running a little cooler but the RH is usually about 50% sometimes more sometime less. My white widows arent doing it or my afghan kush just my c99, It confuses me because sativas are supposed to handle higher temps from my experience.

Haggardass

Haggardass

should i maybe try foliar spraying them with distilled water for a bit?

shawnskush

shawnskush

I think the temp should be going back down at this point i got my central air fixed so my light is running a little cooler but the RH is usually about 50% sometimes more sometime less. My white widows arent doing it or my afghan kush just my c99, It confuses me because sativas are supposed to handle higher temps from my experience.

Ive noticed this on some strains with no apparent detrimental effect IMO its probably related to genetics in some way and may not be an issue.

shawnskush

shawnskush

also if you add a co2 tank system 80 can be a pretty optimal temp if thats the coolest you can get it.

Haggardass

Haggardass

i can get it down about 78 most times, It would be a pain to try to maintain co2 in a tent, or am I wrong?

N

NWElite89

From my experience Sativa s generally do like the hotter temps. I ran C99 a while back, but I was using mid to upper 70's because I had other strains growing next to it. I am sure the foliar spray would not hurt, but if you can bump up the humidity a little more, that would help. 50% humidity is standard or normal range and it would beneficial if you could raise it. Most grows on here like having there veg in the upper 60's-70's. Humidity is key and can affect overall yield. If your ballast had dim feature I would recommend that. Maybe another Fan?.......

Haggardass

Haggardass

ya im going to get another fan for the stinky part I have an 8000 btu portable ac and a 6 inch already. Im going to spray them a few times and see how that goes, then fter that im just going to let them do there thing, like I said it didnt get any worse since yesterday but ill find out more tomorrow.

shawnskush

shawnskush

i can get it down about 78 most times, It would be a pain to try to maintain co2 in a tent, or am I wrong?

in my non sealed room ive just found a flow rate that keeps it close to the ppms I need its not the most efficient but it works for now.

Haggardass

Haggardass

So out runs constantly? About how much does that cost per grow to keep co2 in there?

shawnskush

shawnskush

About 60 bucks or 3 refills for weeks 1-5 of flower then I cut it to ambient levels

Haggardass

Haggardass

About 60 bucks or 3 refills for weeks 1-5 of flower then I cut it to ambient levels

That's not bad a-tall so do you have two fans? What's your set up? What's your stem for running co2 do you have fans shut off when your gassing or do you literally let it run all the time?

shawnskush

shawnskush

That's not bad a-tall so do you have two fans? What's your set up? What's your stem for running co2 do you have fans shut off when your gassing or do you literally let it run all the time?

yup 2 can fan/filter combos a 4inch pulling in and a 6inch pulling out through the lights(2 600s) they shut off when temps drop below 77 but the co2 does run constantly. I was lucky enough to find a used co2 tank and regulator on craigslist for 100 bones so thats something to keep in mind. I believe it came with an atlas regulator and i have co2 "bubbler" hose ran around the garden so the co2 is drawn up through the garden to the exhaust fan.

Haggardass

Haggardass

yup 2 can fan/filter combos a 4inch pulling in and a 6inch pulling out through the lights(2 600s) they shut off when temps drop below 77 but the co2 does run constantly. I was lucky enough to find a used co2 tank and regulator on craigslist for 100 bones so thats something to keep in mind. I believe it came with an atlas regulator and i have co2 "bubbler" hose ran around the garden so the co2 is drawn up through the garden to the exhaust fan.

So I have an 8k bti ac and a 6 inch fan so if i pot A filter on the fan and had it cut of at a certain temp would I be on the right track to a good co2 set up? I'll for sure keep that in mind maybe depending on what you think about what i have so far i may just take Pat of the money for another fan and get aco2 tank running.

shawnskush

shawnskush

yeah if you used the a/c as intake air and your fan/filter for exhaust I think you could make it work.

Top Bottom