Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

chem, looking at the grow for nubies link you provided, I am ignoring you as this is not about being a nubie, and you know that. It's about charting new ground that you and no one else seem to have ANY knowledge about

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

chem, looking at the grow for nubies link you provided, I am ignoring you as this is not about being a nubie, and you know that. It's about charting new ground that you and no one else seem to have ANY knowledge about
Emitters are not new... They started out in the aquarium hobby and are not used for a reason. Just saying. I think I posted on this before so I won't get into it. From a cost vs gain prospective they are just not worth it. Reliability is also an issue.

chemistry

chemistry

We're all newbies, show me the knowledge, and the root rots coming to get ya.

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Sadly, the powers at O2G are very secretive as it relates to using it for cannabis

On a positive note

Instead of just tossing the White Buffalo seeds I put the seeds in coco outside, and completely forgot about them. Well today I noticed one seedling in a very dry coco. Immediately gave it a drink of nutes maybe the others will appear too

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Im pumped. New pistils developing and they are fluffy (a sign of good health). August one is the beginning of the new moon. I will be dropping new seeds and hand feed them until roots exit the starter rooters, then I will move the 3 left over plant out side and begin anew.

I will start a new thread

What's the name of the new link. I am certainly interested. I am running both of my O2G's on the run as well 🍻 I had such good fortune with it the first time; i cannot see why i shouldn't run them again. I was sorry to read about your RR issues. I thought you had that monster whipped....

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Oh Shit.

Turns out the emitter in my large tote stopped working. Some of the roots had a nice glob of snot on them. Washed off and soaked them in H2O2 . Dumped nutes. Heard from O2G that I only need half normal nute strength now using the emitter that was in the single plant bucket

Yo Man...

If you don't mind my asking; how much did they pop you for each emitter? I will have to replace the ones on my 02g-20 and 40gal emitters soon. Also what website did you use?

Thanks in advance.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Quick update

Seeds I dropped on the new moon have not broken ground, so I dropped 5 more 2 days ago

Also, the White Buffalo survivor was in coco, but yesterday I gently removed it and put it into a net pot with ornamental stones and into the O2G powered nutes. The leafs have grown since

Here's a pic of the plant and the tap root . Keep in mind as soon as the root is out of the water any root hairs collapse onto the main taproot.

IMG 4765
IMG 4766
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Yo Man...

If you don't mind my asking; how much did they pop you for each emitter? I will have to replace the ones on my 02g-20 and 40gal emitters soon. Also what website did you use?

Thanks in advance.

Wait, what... you're using them? Awesome! Got a grow thread? As to replacement, just go to O2G website. Something like $50 each

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

What's the name of the new link. I am certainly interested. I am running both of my O2G's on the run as well 🍻 I had such good fortune with it the first time; i cannot see why i shouldn't run them again. I was sorry to read about your RR issues. I thought you had that monster whipped....

Sorry, I didn't get around to starting a new thread here. Do you have one? If not PLEASE post some pictures here

My RR issues continued as the RR was way up inside the starter cubes, so no matter what I did to the rootball it kept returning

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Wait, what... you're using them? Awesome! Got a grow thread? As to replacement, just go to O2G website. Something like $50 each

Thank You..

I used them for my first grow which went swimmingly well. The second grow never got off the ground before vacation rolled around. I am just starting new seeds for the second grow.

here is where i started using them ==> https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/running-out-of-room-need-suggestions-please.102293/#post-2227158
My last diary ==> https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/lets-do-it-again-2nd-hydro-grow.102287/
Current diary ==> https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/2nd-was-a-bust-third-time-is-a-charm-3rd-hydro-grow.105836/

20190127 021428
20190114 190715
20190114 190743
20190114 200028
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

New seeds all cracked with very nice tap roots, unlike the DOA seeds which only cracked but never rooted. All new seeds placed in the dead seeds rapid rooters- not pictured

IMG 4768
IMG 4767
IMG 4769
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Thank You..

I used them for my first grow which went swimmingly well. The second grow never got off the ground before vacation rolled around. I am just starting new seeds for the second grow.

here is where i started using them ==> https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/running-out-of-room-need-suggestions-please.102293/#post-2227158
My last diary ==> https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/lets-do-it-again-2nd-hydro-grow.102287/
Current diary ==> https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/2nd-was-a-bust-third-time-is-a-charm-3rd-hydro-grow.105836/

It looks like you are still using drip and bubbler. O2G says IF also using bubbler it should be on a separate timer, used inbetween emitter use.
Where's the O2G? I don't even see where you mention it 😨

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

being gifted 10 Hindu Kush sometime in October. My source is well versed, a heavy smoker for at least 40 years. He rolls fat assed Js! I have shared a J or 2 with him; I take 1-2 tokes and can barely stand up. while, he finishes the rest. He retired recently and has ben RVng around the NW USA. These should be really high quality seeds, but I would be willing to trade 5 of them for 5 very high quality sat dom seeds, as I don't have a use for this much couch lock product

I researched HK today Seems like its not for people without significant pain One of the original landrace strains that precipitated the popularization of cannabis throughout the world, Hindu Kush is a potent pure indica. It is indigenous to the Hindu Kush mountain chain that forms the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan. “true” Hindu Kush may not be widely available in the Western Hemisphere. Nevertheless, Hindu Kush is a relatively pure strain, simpler and often more potent that the novelty crossbreeds that continue to multiply in today’s competitive cannabis market. It is prized for its heavily sedative, almost narcotic properties and its highly resinous flowers. The THC composition of Hindu Kush is typically measured at between 15% and 20%. Hindu Kush is not recommended for active daytime use. Instead, it works well as a numbing agent for chronic pain, an anti-nausea treatment, and as a way to relieve stress and anxiety. Negative effects include dry mouth and eyes, occasionally accompanied by paranoia and dizziness. A few users have also reported experiencing anxiety from larger doses of this strain. Hindu Kush is particularly helpful for users with insomnia, as large enough doses can induce sleep.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Thank You..

Very healthy plants and such white roots !!!!

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Thank You. This is what the root ball looked like when harvested.

Very encouraging,, BUT... you didn't answer my question. Were you only using the O2G, or a combination, and if a combo, how did you manage each?

Update: all 6 WW x WH pollinated with G13 are now ~ 1" tall. I moved one into the shallow hydro (2.5g) where I have a single air stone at one end and one emitter at the other. Currently, they are on the same timer cycle 30 min on/3 hours off. O2G says I should have them on separate timers not to run at the same time

The lone White Buffalo, whose tap root was barely touching the nutrient, is hanging on now that the root is adequately submerged

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Very encouraging,,
BUT... you didn't answer my question. Were you only using the O2G, or a combination, and if a combo, how did you manage each?

Update: all 6 WW x WH pollinated with G13 are now ~ 1" tall. I moved one into the shallow hydro (2.5g) where I have a single air stone at one end and one emitter at the other. Currently, they are on the same timer cycle 30 min on/3 hours off. O2G says I should have them on separate timers not to run at the same time

The lone White Buffalo, whose tap root was barely touching the nutrient, is hanging on now that the root is adequately submerged

BUT... you didn't answer my question. Were you only using the O2G, or a combination, and if a combo, how did you manage each?

My Bad!! Combo.

02G was set to run for 30 minutes every 4 hours. Air is just giving a "good mix" not a rolling boil. If i can get a reasonable video, i will post it. Both cabinets are set the same. I have noticed that on my 20 the readings are higher than those i have in my logs for last year. That is what prompted me to ask you about purchasing new emitters.

Glad to hear that it appears your girls are in recovery....

Top Bottom