Help needed ASAP!!!! What am I doing wrong???

• Thread starter Gdawwwg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Yeh I agree. Everybody has different advice. But like. U said in. There situation it. Probably works.

Always great full for every but of advice and info I. Can get.

I. Have the opportunity for a bigger setup with another friend so I might go organic with that 1

He has 2.4x2.4 tent

Thinking 12-16 plants

So. I. Will have to. Do a. Shitload more research again because its completely different
It seems like you’ve invested some money into DWC so i would go on YouTube and find a grower that does detailed DWC videos that you can really follow along with and copy. Or find a detailed grow diary.

and if your interested in organics the important thing to remember is instead of being a scientist in the lab with nutes, all that work is front loaded. Meaning your growing medium is the most important part and needs be made correctly. I would recommend checking out “Build a Soil“ on YouTube. Even if you don’t do organics their grows are awesome to follow along with, and they drop a lot of knowledge along the way.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
It seems like you’ve invested some money into DWC so i would go on YouTube and find a grower that does detailed DWC videos that you can really follow along with and copy. Or find a detailed grow diary.

and if your interested in organics the important thing to remember is instead of being a scientist in the lab with nutes, all that work is front loaded. Meaning your growing medium is the most important part and needs be made correctly. I would recommend checking out “Build a Soil“ on YouTube. Even if you don’t do organics their grows are awesome to follow along with, and they drop a lot of knowledge along the way.
indeed. However, you are lucky enough to have a dwc grower with you in here.

Observationist

Observationist

Everything I bought is for dwc so really wanna try this first. But if all. Goes wrong again. I. Might have to. Consider it
Then try coco, normally yes I’d say start with soil first but you sat all this up got this far stick with it, make it a learning experience, if all else fails, start over with coco, it’s a steeper learning experience than soil but dwc is more advanced obv

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Thanks man I will take a look. All types of growing interests me. And it seems which ever way you choose as long as you dial everything in you can get some good smoke and good yield.

DWC just attracted me with the fast growth and huge yields I been seeing

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Then try coco, normally yes I’d say start with soil first but you sat all this up got this far stick with it, make it a learning experience, if all else fails, start over with coco, it’s a steeper learning experience than soil but dwc is more advanced obv
I feel like when I get past this initial stage and get it right I will love dwc. Just finding it hard to get the clones to really take off. I'm. Hoping now iv changed the strength of the feed they recover and progress

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

indeed. However, you are lucky enough to have a dwc grower with you in here.
Appreciate all yall
Don't have a big circle of friends that grow so I really rely on these forums. YouTube and Google lol.

I expected my first grow would have rough patches. Just gotta keep trying till I get it right

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Some of these don't look like starting clones/cuttings. Are they cuttings or do they have roots? If they have roots, go full nutrients. If they don't have roots you can go very low ppm or even just water.

How about the lights? PAR/Temp/Humidity? Water temp? Air temp?

But some of those look like they probably have roots, so if ppm is too low and you're giving them full light you can get nitrogen deficiency pretty fast. If there are roots, make sure they're in the water, not above. You can give an aero gap above the water line once the root body extends well into the water.

So fill in some of that data for me. Silica definitely not necessary at this stage, if ever, if you're using a full spectrum base. Cal-Mag with Iron will be very necessary if you're using RO or distilled water (which you absolutely should be for hydro). Municipal or well water will have a lot of minerals and other crap which can product lockouts. Better to start from 0 going forward. Buy distilled gallons or RO filter, pretty cheap.
They have roots just not all showing out the net pot yet. 1 of them is and it's the worst looking 1.the guy I purchased them from told me to up the feed.

Don't have a par meter or reader. But my light is a 450 watt led on 50% strength atm.

Humidity 70-80%

Temp.72-80

Water temp was in 60s I think

Using dechlorinated tap water. I originally wanted to get a reverse osmosis kit but funds were getting low. So kind of had to make do. But I do know few people. In my area also use tap for hydro so it is possible. Maybe just not ideal.

Could mixing distilled with tap benefit me or is that pointless?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Thanks man I will take a look. All types of growing interests me. And it seems which ever way you choose as long as you dial everything in you can get some good smoke and good yield.

DWC just attracted me with the fast growth and huge yields I been seeing
look through my picture upload for the dwc grow

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

TH

The vast majority of people with access to an approved municipal water supply can use their water with zero worry about lockout. Water quality tests and reports are required regularly. Posted online. Or you can call the water utility and request a printed copy. I'd do this before installing any RO system. Or before hauling "distilled" water that almost certainly has had "minerals" added back in. It will state clearly on the label if they're added back in.

The major elements causing hardness are calcium carbonate and magnesium. The calcium carbonate molecules are too large for immediate uptake and require degradation before they can. If your TDS in the report is 200 or less you just might want to try that before spending money. Then collect your rainwater. Check pH because it's usually low. But free and free of anything. Your's to play with.
Yeh when I checked with my meter it was roughly around the 200 ppm mark.

Reverse osmosis definitely would be ideal but just couldn't afford it at the time. Maybe further down the line I will invest

PK1

PK1

Supporter
for dwc to work properly you need to stabilize it and that will make the plant healthy. right now something is off, hence why the deficiencies, but it can be as simple as filling your rez with water or adjusting the ph.

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

for dwc to work properly you need to stabilize it and that will make the plant healthy. right now something is off, hence why the deficiencies, but it can be as simple as filling your rez with water or adjusting the ph.
What humidity do you run at this stage? Also do. You think my. Light is OK at 50%(30inch) or should I bump it up

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
What humidity do you run at this stage? Also do. You think my. Light is OK at 50%(30inch) or should I bump it up
cannibals' plants can grow in different humidity . I try to keep them between 50/60% at your stage.
If you have an iphone you can download photon and follow the app instructions. You want anywhere between 5k to 8k lux for light. 3ft at 50% sounds more or less right, i think,.

H

HydroDawg421

I don't know if you mentioned a water chiller. Any good RDWC grow needs a solid chiller!!!

Observationist

Observationist

cannibals' plants can grow in different humidity . I try to keep them between 50/60% at your stage.
If you have an iphone you can download photon and follow the app instructions. You want anywhere between 5k to 8k lux for light. 3ft at 50% sounds more or less right, i think,.
Those ppfd apps are pretty cool and actually some what accurate from what I can gather if you can get it calibrated

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Quick question

Can I get nutrient lockout by not soaking the clay pebbles properly in PhD water before adding them to the net up?

If so. I. Think this is possibly what's happening

I tested the res today in each bucket and ppm. Rises by ec had risen. By roughly 300 in. Each. So I. Had 1 at 900 yesterday checked today and its 1100+

Whuch I think is telling me they are drinking water but not taking up nutrients.

Just realised today when I soaked the big batch of clay pebbles. I thought it was at 5.5ph. But it was in fact around 7+ph. Found out my pH meter was no. Good got rid and used test solution instead.

But I used the same batch of clay pebbles to. Set up. When I. Bought the new batch of clones.

Hope this makes sense

Sorry for all. The fulls tops my. Phone is trash

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i just wash the pibbles before use if they are new. When you reuse them make sure to drop them into a bucket of water and h2o2 and wash them a few time so that is senetized.

your rez might not be stable hence why the big drops. How often are you phing the rez?
Do note that when the water levels fall the ec rises and when you add water the ec drops. The ph also fluctuates as this is how the plant goes through the nutrient that is needed but it shouldn't change over few hours.

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Kind of makes sense to me because the roots are growing fine. Getting enough water

But everything up top is yellowing slowly and curling down. Also the guy I bought clones from looked at the pictures and said they look like they are starving and to up the feed.

But it's not the strength of feed that's the problem. I think. There locked out

Looks. Like. Il. Have to. Start all over again lol

Gotta laugh or il. Cry

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

i just wash the pibbles before use if they are new. When you reuse them make sure to drop them into a bucket of water and h2o2 and wash them a few time so that is senetized.

your rez might not be stable hence why the big drops. How often are you phing the rez?
Do note that when the water levels fall the ec rises and when you add water the ec drops. The ph also fluctuates as this is how the plant goes through the nutrient that is needed but it shouldn't change over few hours.
I PhD it yesterday to about 5.8 and today it's in the 7 region. Would the ec rise by that much though? The water level has barely gone down by the looks of it.

If it was like 1/3 or 1/2 empty I would expect that from. What i understand

PK1

PK1

Supporter
you don't have to start over again, you need to relax and act accordingly with the charts i provided. also drop pictures. im more of a visual type a guy

Is your water filled up to the level? by level i mean below the net pots.
if so, what is the EC and PH?
drop pictures of single plant, roots, water and your hole tent

Top Bottom