Help needed ASAP!!!! What am I doing wrong???

• Thread starter Gdawwwg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

what is soil doing in there? are these transplanted from soil to hydro?
bring room temp closer to 80/81f

are you with the plants still?
Yeh they are clones in soil. Sure he called it a jiffy bag or something. They come in those rooted (small)

No. I'm. Not. There anymore

Just. Getting frustrated as shit lol
I. Know. I'm. Gunna need more clones and try again

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

I agree soil is probably better for beginners. I knew it would be tough being my first grow but. Shiiiitttt.

This is. Crazy my roots seem. To be growing fine on. The 1 plant. But no. Growth up top I just don't get it.

As soon. As I. Put them. In my system. Give it 3 days tops and they are all. Yellowy green and not grown at all. Leaves droopy as shit. Clearly dieng.

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
from my experience, plant that was pot in soil won't make it if its transferred to hydro. The roots are not built for hydro but for soil .
try to get clones that are in rockwool. if jeffy is all he uses than have one in soil and take the clones from that and put it in your dwc.
@tobh @Dirtbag how about you guys, ever experienced this?

Last edited:
Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

I'm just determined to learn dwc

I'm gunna get 4 more 1 last try
This is exactly what I'm. Gunna do.
Please point out any errors or words of wisdom. For me.

First I will empty all buckets clean and rinse out.

Get room temps. Between 72-80

Rh 70%

Use gh nutes 7.5ml of micro/grow/bloom
Stir in. One at a time 5 mins at least between each one(micro first)

Add katan roots 3ml
Add orca beneficial 2.5ml

Then. Ph. 5.5-5.8

This puts me 800-900 ec

Fill water level just to the bottom layer of clay pebbles in. Net pot so they are constantly getting water supply but not submerged completely.

Once roots are long enough out bottom. I will leave an. Air gap. And after this constantly keep my water at this level

No. Top. Feed. I will mist them with PhD water instead. Thinking top feed is a bad idea for me. And they won't need it because they have constant access. If I'm wrong tell me.

Light... I'm. Thinking 20 on 4 off. 18/6 or 24/7 is a big debate so I thought il go in. The middle lol. Keep it hung at the height it's at and start on. 50%(should I start higher strength)

Also use fresh clay pebbles. Wash the shit out of them and soak in. PhD water before use.

Check ph daily

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

from my experience, plant that was pot in soil won't make it if its transferred to hydro. The roots are not built for hydro but for soil .
try to get clones that are in rockwool. if jeffy is all he uses than have one in soil and take the clones from that and put it in your dwc.
I been trying it seems like nobody near me does them in rockwool.and when I ask it seems like I'm asking for the world. He advised me it would be fine. And a few others have said the same. Not ideal though I'm guessing

PK1

PK1

Supporter
just buy some 2x2 rockwool cubes and ask him for 4 cuts. You can get them too root yourself and then stick them into the pibble bucket lol

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I'm just determined to learn dwc

I'm gunna get 4 more 1 last try
This is exactly what I'm. Gunna do.
Please point out any errors or words of wisdom. For me.

First I will empty all buckets clean and rinse out.

Get room temps. Between 72-80

Rh 70%

Use gh nutes 7.5ml of micro/grow/bloom
Stir in. One at a time 5 mins at least between each one(micro first)

Add katan roots 3ml
Add orca beneficial 2.5ml

Then. Ph. 5.5-5.8

This puts me 800-900 ec

Fill water level just to the bottom layer of clay pebbles in. Net pot so they are constantly getting water supply but not submerged completely.

Once roots are long enough out bottom. I will leave an. Air gap. And after this constantly keep my water at this level

No. Top. Feed. I will mist them with PhD water instead. Thinking top feed is a bad idea for me. And they won't need it because they have constant access. If I'm wrong tell me.

Light... I'm. Thinking 20 on 4 off. 18/6 or 24/7 is a big debate so I thought il go in. The middle lol. Keep it hung at the height it's at and start on. 50%(should I start higher strength)

Also use fresh clay pebbles. Wash the shit out of them and soak in. PhD water before use.

Check ph daily
i don't know those nutrients. maybe @tobh or @Dirtbag can help you on the nutrients.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
tapping out on those nutes, i've not ran the GH line before. I think DB has though.

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

just buy some 2x2 rockwool cubes and ask him for 4 cuts. You can get them too root yourself and then stick them into the pibble bucket lol
I think. He just does em all like that. Could I. Not just wash the soil off and try place them in rock wool or would this shock the plant?

Observationist

Observationist

what is soil doing in there? are these transplanted from soil to hydro?
bring room temp closer to 80/81f

are you with the plants still?
Aww shit
I think. He just does em all like that. Could I. Not just wash the soil off and try place them in rock wool or would this shock the plant?
its gonna be shocked either way, sure you "can" wash all the shit away and plant it lol. they are pretty strong, but i dont advise this and it could kill the plant

but yes its possible?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
soil roots won't work for hydro. period. they're a completely different structure, and moving plants from soil to hydro will almost always fail. You can take a plant from hydro and put it in soil without so many issues, but it'll significantly stress the plant. You would have better luck getting some cuts from this person, cutting them at soil level and re-rooting in rockwool. I can't think of any other way you'll be able to do what you're trying to do if this source won't supply cuts that'll work in your system.

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

He seems a decent guy iv gone to buy stuff before and instead of taking the sale he's guided me the right way instead of taking my. Money.

He seemed preety confident they would be OK in dwc and advices nutes between 800-1200ec max when I first get them.so I'd just start around 800

PK1

PK1

Supporter
He seems a decent guy iv gone to buy stuff before and instead of taking the sale he's guided me the right way instead of taking my. Money.

He seemed preety confident they would be OK in dwc and advices nutes between 800-1200ec max when I first get them.so I'd just start around 800
look at your plants, they are from jiffy "soil" to pibbles. Like tobh and i said, it aint gona work.

Just get one clone,. plant it in soil and take the clones from that and put it in rockwool or just grow in soil., sry bud i've gone through this before and im telling you,

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

soil roots won't work for hydro. period. they're a completely different structure, and moving plants from soil to hydro will almost always fail. You can take a plant from hydro and put it in soil without so many issues, but it'll significantly stress the plant. You would have better luck getting some cuts from this person, cutting them at soil level and re-rooting in rockwool. I can't think of any other way you'll be able to do what you're trying to do if this source won't supply cuts that'll work in your system.
I thought the same too. So are u saying to. Buy the clones with the roots exposed? Nothing surrounding them.

Or I just can't have a clone from a soil grown plant full stop.

Just feel like anybody iv asked to do them in rockwool it's like it's hassle for them and they only. Do. Soil. I mean I can ask. But if. Not might be difficult finding another supplier

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

look at your plants, they are from jiffy "soil" to pibbles. Like tobh and i said, it aint gona work.

Just get one clone,. plant it in soil and take the clones from that and put it in rockwool or just grow in soil., sry bud i've gone through this before and im telling you,
Yeh I take your guys advice on. Board. You have the experience I don't. Just wish I knew someone who. Did rockwool rather than cline myself

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I thought the same too. So are u saying to. Buy the clones with the roots exposed? Nothing surrounding them.

Or I just can't have a clone from a soil grown plant full stop.

Just feel like anybody iv asked to do them in rockwool it's like it's hassle for them and they only. Do. Soil. I mean I can ask. But if. Not might be difficult finding another supplier
rockwool requires different settings than soil. So, they dont want to deal with the headache.

You can take clones from a soil plant and then put them into a rockwool. The roots that grow will be hydro roots, but you can't take a plant in soil, wash the shit out of it and then put it as hydro. The roots will simply not take any nutrients cuz their soil roots.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Yeh I take your guys advice on. Board. You have the experience I don't. Just wish I knew someone who. Did rockwool rather than cline myself
you can take these 4 clones and put them in soil and grow them.

Observationist

Observationist

rockwool requires different settings than soil. So, they dont want to deal with the headache.

You can take clones from a soil plant and then put them into a rockwool. The roots that grow will be hydro roots, but you can't take a plant in soil, wash the shit out of it and then put it as hydro. The roots will simply not take any nutrients cuz their soil roots.
ok i see, i didnt know about the difference in roots.

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Might just have to take the hit and grow in. Soil. Just annoying cz everything I been reading or watching for months has been geared around doing dwc. Now I gotta sit there do it all again for soil grows.

But I will try get some better cuttings first

Ain't giving up I know that. Eventually I will. Grow some dank buds lol

Observationist

Observationist

Might just have to take the hit and grow in. Soil. Just annoying cz everything I been reading or watching for months has been geared around doing dwc. Now I gotta sit there do it all again for soil grows.

But I will try get some better cuttings first

Ain't giving up I know that. Eventually I will. Grow some dank buds lol
learn dwc or learn coco similar to hydro.

Top Bottom