• Thread starter trt92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i have changed a few thing since last time i updated the custom schedule .jpg

now giving 3ml/l root juice the first two weeks
no longer feeding some bio heaven the first two week

since i switched to led i m more with 4 week of veg now but i still start the veg nuts on week 4 (fish misx is an alternative to bio grow with higher N)
if flo is longer i just continue with of 3ml/l top max and bio bloom (alongside biogrow acti vera bio heaven) until two weeks flushing

also i m prolly gonna stop using mammoth P, gain isn't signifiant enough imho.

Last edited:
trt92

trt92

Alright, i just got the bio grow, bio bloom, acti vera and top max.
I see i should use the acti vera already in week 1? But that week starts when my plants have 7 sets of pointed leaves?
Also i see your schedule is only 3 weeks, then you start 12/12 light for flowering?

Last edited:
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

no week's 1 is seedling phase i count day one when all seedling have formed their first set of true leaves after the cotyledons wich is usually a week after i germinate the seeds

day 1:

6685670 grow journal by herbaleduoriginal sensible seedswhite critical

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

what you want usually is for them to be 20 30 cm tall with leaves overlaping to each others , then it's about time for 12/12 switch

that's what they usually look like day 28 just before 12/12 flip
6405218 grow journal by herbaleduoriginal sensible seedsdr bruce banner cbd

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Im reading on Sea of green growing now, and says i need 2-3 plants pr square feet minimum. That means i need 17-26 plants in a 90x90cm tent? I got 12 seeds

I got 12 seeds so i gues il go for that now as the order is done, should i use 6l pots or 9l ?

you can do a 4 x 3 12 plants in 6L pots if all seeds make it past the seedlings stage

or you can do 9 plants 3x3 in 9l pots, removing less secondary branches, this will also make watering easier as there will be a little more space between plant

for 8 plants i always germinate 10 11 seeds for safety once in while some don't make it.

trt92

trt92

you can do a 4 x 3 12 plants in 6L pots if all seeds make it past the seedlings stage

or you can do 9 plants 3x3 in 9l pots, removing less secondary branches, this will also make watering easier as there will be a little more space between plant

for 8 plants i always germinate 10 11 seeds for safety once in while some don't make it.
Alright,, what about topping the plants, do you use to do that?

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i don't like topping, LST, mainlining, HST,scrog, i much prefer SOG i like having big main colas and few secondary branches, i like the plant to look like it should if untouched in mother nature, i like being able to observe the phenotypic dispersion within a strain seeing if if stable or not.

but many peoples use thoose methods

you can also combine sog with topping within a scrog but that requires much longer veg time
let's say 4 plants in 20L pots

Last edited:
trt92

trt92

i don't like topping, LST, mainling, HST, i much prefer SOG i like having big main colas and few secondary branches, i like the plant to look like it should if untouched in mother nature

but many peoples use thoose methods

you can also combine sog with topping within a scrog but that requires much longer veg time
Would i have to run veg longer if i do it?

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Would i have to run veg longer if i do it?
yeah as said another option with your tent could be

you can also combine a sog equivalent with topping some LST within a scrog but that requires much longer veg time more advanced growing technique than sog wich is pretty much straight forward aside finding the right spot for 12/12 flip

let's say 4 plants in 20L pots with a scrog net

some will even do 1 plant in 40L pot with scrog in a 90x90

G

gottagrowsometime

Hi, im planning to buy a small growtent , probably 60x60x160cm size 0.6m3

Ive tried it once before years ago,, with 250w lights,, didnt get so much out of it but it was first time.. Anyways

This time i want to try led lights instead because of lower heat and cheaper power use.
Its so long ago ive forgotten most growing so hoped you could help me.

In a small tent like that, what can i expect to harvest in grams? I think i want to cut it more this time to make it more bushy.
Also how much watt led can i have? 200w? How much would i get out of that?
And about the ventilation, id like to keep noise low as im putting the tent in a shed which is wall to wall with my neighbours. Imalso abit concerened about the smell, as i could sence the weed smell in my appartment when i had it there years ago when the weed plants where blooming up at the end. I did use coal filter. Maybe the smell came fr me opening up watering it only,, idk.
Greatful for all answers and ideas.
Would like to know if thers any seeds you recomend as a beginner too that has good yield

Thx
Well, you're going in the right direction with leds.

A good 100-150w will way exceed the old lights.

A TS1000 would suit you great. It has a really high ppfd-umol and full spectrum of course. Also the p1000 from viparspectra is a good light. But, falls short vs the mars hydro. That and the P1000 is a 100w. (Which i use to veg all my plants)

Generally i think a kit would suit you best. A TS1000 kit will give you everything you need.

This here is a 70xcm2 W x 160cm H.
And FYI the SF2000 is for a space of 120x60cm cov.

20230312 151503
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
what you want usually is for them to be 20 30 cm tall with leaves overlaping to each others , then it's about time for 12/12 switch

that's what they usually look like day 28 just before 12/12 flip
View attachment 1339700
I'd have 4 plants in there filling the space and until I saw this picture I' didn't really get how 5 old week plants could produce enough to be worth my while. Picture tell a thousand words and sometimes it takes a picture to get through to this thick old head what others knew all along....

Mothman

Mothman

I'd have 4 plants in there filling the space and until I saw this picture I' didn't really get how 5 old week plants could produce enough to be worth my while. Picture tell a thousand words and sometimes it takes a picture to get through to this thick old head what others knew all along....
I second what @PipeCarver wrote. I never really appreciated the benefits of a SOG grow until I saw Monsieur @HerbalEdu pull back the curtain! They are impressive beauties. I would worry about bud rot inside such large colas, but that risk can be managed.

After my first grow of 5 photoperiods under LED in a 100x100cm tent, I understood what a hassle it is to water/feed/drain and inspect 5 mainlined plants in a tent that size.

This grow I dropped back to 3 mainlined plants, all different strains (I like variety, but it does complicate watering/feeding). So I should get 8 colas per plant (admittedly smaller than Herbal’s), plus lots of secondaries. Veg time is longer but I’m in no hurry—I still have weed from my first 2 grows.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

I second what @PipeCarver wrote. I never really appreciated the benefits of a SOG grow until I saw Monsieur @HerbalEdu pull back the curtain! They are impressive beauties. I would worry about bud rot inside such large colas, but that risk can be managed.

After my first grow of 5 photoperiods under LED in a 100x100cm tent, I understood what a hassle it is to water/feed/drain and inspect 5 mainlined plants in a tent that size.

This grow I dropped back to 3 mainlined plants, all different strains (I like variety, but it does complicate watering/feeding). So I should get 8 colas per plant (admittedly smaller than Herbal’s), plus lots of secondaries. Veg time is longer but I’m in no hurry—I still have weed from my first 2 grows.
previous grow went with 3 last flowerings weeks and first weeks drying with 70% rh got some mold in half the main colas
this grow went perfect with 30-40% rh

i have no control over temperature and rh i have to deal with the seasons and what's the weather like 😒

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

previous grow went with 3 last flowerings weeks and first weeks drying with 70% rh got some mold in half the main colas
this grow went perfect with 30-40% rh

i have no control over temperature and rh i have to deal with the seasons and what's the weather like 😒
Ouch.......

Top Bottom