Help with led growtent setup

• Thread starter trt92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dave55

Hi, im planning to buy a small growtent , probably 60x60x160cm size 0.6m3

Ive tried it once before years ago,, with 250w lights,, didnt get so much out of it but it was first time.. Anyways

This time i want to try led lights instead because of lower heat and cheaper power use.
Its so long ago ive forgotten most growing so hoped you could help me.

In a small tent like that, what can i expect to harvest in grams? I think i want to cut it more this time to make it more bushy.
Also how much watt led can i have? 200w? How much would i get out of that?
And about the ventilation, id like to keep noise low as im putting the tent in a shed which is wall to wall with my neighbours. Imalso abit concerened about the smell, as i could sence the weed smell in my appartment when i had it there years ago when the weed plants where blooming up at the end. I did use coal filter. Maybe the smell came fr me opening up watering it only,, idk.
Greatful for all answers and ideas.
Would like to know if thers any seeds you recomend as a beginner too that has good yield

Thx
Personally I went big with a gavita 1000 great results. I didn’t want to fail and I’m glad I did

56AC3F9E 913C 49C9 A37D DA7343874472
887D4E4B C047 49B6 8B26 01DB0C9D628D
B30873EE D7B7 4984 A67F 4E0A857721C6
bullfrog13

bullfrog13

Ive tried it once before years ago,, with 250w lights,, didnt get so much out of it but it was first time.. Anyways

This time i want to try led lights instead because of lower heat and cheaper power use.

In a small tent like that, what can i expect to harvest in grams? I think i want to cut it more this time to make it more bushy.
And about the ventilation, id like to keep noise low as im putting the tent in a shed which is wall to wall with my neighbours. Imalso abit concerened about the smell, as i could sence the weed smell in my appartment when i had it there years ago when the weed plants where blooming up at the end. I did use coal filter. Maybe the smell came fr me opening up watering it only,, idk.
Would like to know if thers any seeds you recomend as a beginner too that has good yield

Thx
200W would be perfect. You can do less but if you aim for about 50W per square foot you will be able to maximize the space assuming everything else is dialled in.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

@trt92

here's a guy with the same tent as you and a lumatek attis 300w (the other led they had at your shop)

he's doing 25 plants 5x5 2L pots

on a side note strain is WSS Skunk from weedseedshop (my friend just ordered some of thoose)

plant before the 12/12 flip:
5628039 grow journal by moogli 12weedseedshopwss skunk feminized

plants near harvest:
5871573 grow journal by moogli 12weedseedshopwss skunk feminized

so almost no secondary branches only main colas, watering require some more attention and higher frequency than with bigger pots.

trt92

trt92

@trt92

here's a guy with the same tent as you and a lumatek attis 300w (the other led they had at your shop)

he's doing 25 plants 5x5 2L pots

on a side note strain is WSS Skunk from weedseedshop (my friend just ordered some of thoose)

plant before the 12/12 flip:
View attachment 1340023

plants near harvest:
View attachment 1340024

so almost no secondary branches only main colas, watering require some more attention and higher frequency than with bigger pots.
Looking good:D but what is the different on pot size? If i can water less i think id like to go for 6l pots then,, i know plants have a limit of how big tvey get too with what pot you use, but dont see why it would mather if i just veg for 4 weeks ich anyways🤔 or is it space to place the pots in tent that limits it?
I found a shop that allowed my visa pay and stealth shipping from UK, so i bought 8 seeds extra there, 5 northern light auto and 3 critical auto. Could i mix the 12 fem g13 haze with the autos?

I choose the northern light because its suppose to manage harsh colder climate if i wanna put them for outdoor grow, and to test out auto flower plants

Last edited:
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Looking good:D but what is the different on pot size? If i can water less i think id like to go for 6l pots then,, i know plants have a limit of how big tvey get too with what pot you use, but dont see why it would mather if i just veg for 4 weeks ich anyways🤔 or is it space to place the pots in tent that limits it?
well the difference is moslty about how many you can put next to each others without losing space
then bigger pots mean bigger roots meaning the plants is able to sustain more growth overall

this guy is pulling 10gr per plant x 23 plants wich give 0.84 gr/w wich is good
my friend did an attempt with 3x3 9 plants in 6L pots (but i would recommand 9L) she pulled 29gr per plant x 9 plant wich give 0.65 gr/w wich isn't bad either
my friend also now growing 4x4 16 plants in 6L she is pulling 12 gr per plant x 16 plant wich also give around 0.65gr/w

and that was with the HPS for her she just finished her first harvest with led so will soon know soon how much she pulled this time

trt92

trt92

well the difference is moslty about how many you can put next to each others without losing space
then bigger pots mean bigger roots meaning the plants is able to sustain more growth overall

this guy is pulling 11gr per plant x 23 plants wich give 0.84 gr/w wich is good
my friend did an attempt with 3x3 9 plants in 6L pots (but i would recommand 9L) she pulled 29gr per plant x 9 plant wich give 0.65 gr/w wich isn't bad either
my friend also now growing 4x4 16 plants in 6L she is pulling 11 gr per plant x 16 plant wich also give around 0.65gr/w

and that was with the HPS for her she just finished her first harvest with led so will soon know soon how much she pulled this time
Aha:) I edited my message with some extra questions too btw

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

also her best harvest haven't be weighted so few weight data from her are from strain with average yield not ones slightly better yield

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

2l smaller pots 25 plants you tend to keep only the main colas eventually 2-4 seconday branch
6L 16 plants you tend to keep a few more secondary branches 4 - 8
9L 9 plants you remove almost no secondary branches

veg time is nearly the same even if smaller 2L can use a little faster veg sometime than 6L or 9L

while 9l could use some more veg but then matter is you need also more height in the tent let's say 2m 2m20 so you flip them early as well in a 180cm

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

I found a shop that allowed my visa pay and stealth shipping from UK, so i bought 8 seeds extra there, 5 northern light auto and 3 critical auto. Could i mix the 12 fem g13 haze with the autos?

I choose the northern light because its suppose to manage harsh colder climate if i wanna put them for outdoor grow, and to test out auto flower plants
yeah you can mix auto with photo i did it once and honestly didin't see a difference running an auto 16/8 then 12/12 than running it 16/8 all the way

just with SOG without topping germinate your seeds at the same time you don't want your plants to be delayed in growth to each others

also when i showed you photos of a short and a taller strain at the time of harvest, taller strain wich is one with the better yield i have had is northern light from nirvana

i have grown some critical from two differents breeder (nirvana, zamnesia) some of my favorite taste.

Last edited:
trt92

trt92

Can i do 23 plants in 3 -4 liter pots?
Can i mix fem g13 with auto northern l7ghts and auto critical?

trt92

trt92

yeah you can mix auto with photo i did it once and honestly didin't see a difference running an auto 16/8 then 12/12 than running it 16/8 all the way

just with SOG without topping germinate your seeds at the same time you don't want to your plant to be delayed in growth to each others

also when i showed you photo of a short and a taller strain at the time of harvest, taller strain wich is one with the better yield i have had is northern light from nirvana

i have grown some critical from two differents breeder (nirvana, zamnesia) some of my favorite taste.
Okioki🙂

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

his diary with 25 plants say he use 2L pots and it looks pretty crowded, some more taller than width 3L pots might do the job
my friend started with 3L pots and plants were as big as with 6L but required less watering more often wich make it tedious with mixing all the nuts and all

trt92

trt92

his diary with 25 plants say he use 2L pots and it looks pretty crowded, some more taller than width 3L pots might do the job
my friend started with 3L pots and plants were as big as with 6L but required less watering more often wich make it tedious with mixing all the nuts and all
When you have to water them more frequently, do you still add netrions everytime as if you would if you water every 4 day etc?

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

yeah the custom schedule i shared work for feeding nutrient every watering

with 6l pot i water 1L every 4-5 days

with 3l pots you prolly gonna need to water .50 .75L every 2-3 days

B

Ballisticsuk

Thx
I've been using leds a while
My 1st one the viparspectra reflector 600.

The vsr600 pulled decent yeild and some of the best nuggs I've ever seen caked in what I now call led crystals over a 4ftx4ft area

The ks3500 is even better

The trick with led is to build your room for led not hps

It's a whole new learning curve

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

"this guy is pulling 10gr per plant x 23 plants wich give 0.84 gr/w wich is good
my friend also now growing 4x4 16 plants in 6L she is pulling 19 gr (not 12 i messed with the number )per plant x 16 plant wich also give around 0.65gr/w"

Mothman

Mothman

This is also a problem when mixing strains in a tent. I’m dealing with it now. Every day somebody needs fluids. I guess as problems go, this isn’t a bad one!

trt92

trt92

Im seeing i will have a littlebit more space in my shed, and wondered if it could work with a mini tent for veg for a mother plant and clones in same, that i can use as soon as harvest is done in my main tent? wont that be alot more effective then buying seeds over and over from scratch? and risk customs/police detecting a package eventually etc..

Top Bottom