Help with led growtent setup

• Thread starter trt92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
trt92

trt92

Dark Rose Auto CBD 1:1 from elite seeds

also grown Purple Kush CBD Auto 1:1 from seedsman

only time i have grown some auto is because i wanted such colour.

only photoperios strain i know that most pheno turn purple whatever the growing condition is:

most strain that 100% have purple flower guaranted are autoflower.
I see.. Thc cbd ratio 1:1 how is that like,? Do you even get stoned?

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

well that's really personnal i don't like being too stoned so i find 1:1 real nice, i have been running 1:1 strains for like 2 years now

honeslty i don't really see a difference when my friend give me some thc strains and she don't really see a difference when i give her 1:1 strain

you still get a nice little buzz from some 1:1 strain

L

Low_Octane

well that's really personnal i don't like being too stoned so i find 1:1 real nice, i have been running 1:1 strains for like 2 years now

honeslty i don't really see a difference when my friend give me some thc strains and she don't really see a difference when i give her 1:1 strain

you still get a nice little buzz from some 1:1 strain
So you don't really see a difference?

trt92

trt92

Question about cloning.. Shud i keep 1 or 2 mothers for cloning? Not sure if i would get enogh clones for SOG if i had just 1 mother

ISO2BWELL

ISO2BWELL

How much decibel does your fans make?

At the speed I run it, it is very quiet. It is set up to draw air from both my veg and flower
rooms, and there are times I have to put my hand on the air intakes just to feel if it's running.

It's a 6" Vortex..expensive fan, but well worth the investment. The one I have has been
running non-stop for over 12 years now, and with a little maintenance now and then it should
last me at least another 10 years.

trt92

trt92

I see humidity is at 76 now, what kind of dehumidifier do i need for a shed 2x3 meter ich size.. ( 6m2) Those chespest i look at is around 200 dollars, ment for bathrooms and other bigger rooms,, havnt looked for dehumidigiers on a growshop yet. What specs do i need?

The one i saw had specs:
Suggedted room space - 30 kvm
Airfloe 77 cubicmeter/hour
Max dehumidifying 10 L/24 hours
46db sound.. Bit high?

Is this overkill?

Last edited:
trt92

trt92

Question about cloning.. Shud i keep 1 or 2 mothers for cloning? Not sure if i would get enogh clones for SOG if i had just 1 mother

When im reading this: We recommend taking only 2–3 clones at a time from small, young mother plants. Large, bushy mother plants, on the other hand, can easily tolerate having 6–8 clones taken from them at a time.
If 6-8 clones from a 3 month veg mother is all i get, i gues il run SCROG next grow with the clones

Im thinking i should have several motherplants, but idk how many that 40x40x120cm tent can fit. They wil have 3 months to grow before harvest atleast i assume before i need the mother roomfor drying the weed. Then il keep mothers inmy 90x90cm tent along with the clones i till drying is complete

Also, is clonex spray all i need for the clones and some cubes? Or do i need clonex gel too?

Last edited:
Mothman

Mothman

led lamp is just on like 25% now and the tent door is wide open, think the temp will be ok when i close it and run led light at max, weathers getting warmer everyday. i got 16/8 light cycle now. having light on at night and morning since temp outside is coldest then
Just be aware that having your plants’ “daytime” fall during your night means that when they’re in flower, you will be limited to working on them only when you would normally be sleeping. I just made that mistake.

It’s helpful in managing temperatures, but I find I have a very narrow window of time in which to water, feed, inspect, deleaf, tuck, and close everything up.

Or I can stay up all night and sleep all day. 😵‍💫

trt92

trt92

Just be aware that having your plants’ “daytime” fall during your night means that when they’re in flower, you will be limited to working on them only when you would normally be sleeping. I just made that mistake.

It’s helpful in managing temperatures, but I find I have a very narrow window of time in which to water, feed, inspect, deleaf, tuck, and close everything up.

Or I can stay up all night and sleep all day.

Cant i change light cycle 12/12later on? Veg at night n morning, then when i flower i use 12h at day - evening and no light at night n morning?

Mothman

Mothman

Cant i change light cycle 12/12later on? Veg at night n morning, then when i flower i use 12h at day - evening and no light at night n morning?
With autos it may not matter much (if any), but I’ve never grown autos so someone else should comment. It seems they are immune from the light cycle requirements of photoperiods.

With photoperiods, changing the light cycle comes with risk. It’s a source of plant stress, and stress can cause hermaphrodites. Light cycle noncompliance can result in revegging.

It can be done. Just be aware of the risk to your crop. If you decide to make changes, I suggest small changes, then wait at least a few days before another incremental change.

And while making changes you should be aware of how long (or short) you're making your dark cycle, versus how long it needs to be.

Last edited:
Tremojem

Tremojem

Okay, my apologies for being late to the party. I post this without malice. Seriously, no hatred here, just safety for all.

Regarding the MH Lamp, I suggest the OP de-energize the fixture and inspect all connectors for faulty wiring practices. If applicable, simply disassemble each connector to inspect wires for proper mechanical connection that is secure and safe. Google assembly standards for wire connections, with regard to wire strip length, torque requirements etc. I don't expect anyone to have a torque meter, but the idea is to better understand what is acceptable.

After spending some time researching MH, I cannot say with confidence that the connectors used on your new lamp are the same as the connectors used on my TS3000, from 2021. So...this may all be a moot point.

I know MH made some changes to their lineup, and unfortunately image's of the cabling and connectors are not available. So I am unable to comment on your connectors.

In short, the hardware itself is not faulty. The QA/QC, Manufacturing Practices, and Test Protocols are at fault.

Every single, and I mean "specifically" every single mechanical connection inside each connector, on my MH TS3000 were LOOSE.

Apparently, they do not require a torque specification for a mechanical connection that experiences temperature changes on a daily basis over its lifecycle, while the intended usage requires height changes over a grow cycle, meaning...the cables will be moving over time as you adjust the height of the lamp to accommodate your grow. Safely securing the cables and keeping them clear of the drivers and chassis are safe practices otherwise know as cable management.

If my explanation requires more information then suffice to say, ignore my observations.

Having said that...in my personal experience MH would not have been my recommendation to you Sir.

My apologies if I have in any way offended anyone, as this was not my intention.

I still use my MH TS3000, as I was lucky to catch the problem before it started a fire. I have enough confidence in my ability to address the issues and am in the process of replacing it now.

Additionally, MH customer service was as faulty as the lamp.

I sent a video and pictures of my findings, including the observation that all connections were loose. They responded with this..."Our engineers have concluded you have a faulty"T" connector."

The connector they sent is sitting on my shelf. I already addressed the problem myself.

Jeez, I hope I don't get my ass handed to me for sharing this...hey, just Google, "Mars Hydro and cable fires etc.

Best to you.

trt92

trt92

Okay, my apologies for being late to the party. I post this without malice. Seriously, no hatred here, just safety for all.

Regarding the MH Lamp, I suggest the OP de-energize the fixture and inspect all connectors for faulty wiring practices. If applicable, simply disassemble each connector to inspect wires for proper mechanical connection that is secure and safe. Google assembly standards for wire connections, with regard to wire strip length, torque requirements etc. I don't expect anyone to have a torque meter, but the idea is to better understand what is acceptable.

After spending some time researching MH, I cannot say with confidence that the connectors used on your new lamp are the same as the connectors used on my TS3000, from 2021. So...this may all be a moot point.

I know MH made some changes to their lineup, and unfortunately image's of the cabling and connectors are not available. So I am unable to comment on your connectors.

In short, the hardware itself is not faulty. The QA/QC, Manufacturing Practices, and Test Protocols are at fault.

Every single, and I mean "specifically" every single mechanical connection inside each connector, on my MH TS3000 were LOOSE.

Apparently, they do not require a torque specification for a mechanical connection that experiences temperature changes on a daily basis over its lifecycle, while the intended usage requires height changes over a grow cycle, meaning...the cables will be moving over time as you adjust the height of the lamp to accommodate your grow. Safely securing the cables and keeping them clear of the drivers and chassis are safe practices otherwise know as cable management.

If my explanation requires more information then suffice to say, ignore my observations.

Having said that...in my personal experience MH would not have been my recommendation to you Sir.

My apologies if I have in any way offended anyone, as this was not my intention.

I still use my MH TS3000, as I was lucky to catch the problem before it started a fire. I have enough confidence in my ability to address the issues and am in the process of replacing it now.

I sent a video and pictures of my findings, including the observation that all connections were loose. They responded with this..."Our engineers have concluded you have a faulty"T" connector."

The connector they sent is sitting on my shelf. I already addressed the problem myself.

Jeez, I hope I don't get my ass handed to me for sharing this...hey, just Google, "Mars Hydro and cable fires etc.

Best to you.
good story

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Best to you.
That makes sense and the time line is spot on. I am telling you everyone was short on man power. In short people were doing jobs they shouldn't have been doing without training. I seen it on the big3 end I know what happened. Hell a supplier by me was offering 4k signing bonuses 20$hr to start. They were desperate

trt92

trt92

Next day. Tried to put off the oven to see how temp went. But humidity seem fine.
Took on the oven again

20230326 103557
trt92

trt92

you should test what's the temperature is like when tent closed with lamp @100% (1m from the seedling) and oven on.
il try that , if its to cold i gues il buy a hps light for the mother tent ...? or led on both and just control temp with oven... but i think temp wil be ok at spring to late summer, but a problem at winter

Last edited:
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

il try that , if its to cold i gues il buy a hps light for the mother tent ...? or led on both and just control temp with oven... but i think temp wil be ok at spring to late summer, but a problem at winter
yeah until you've monitored rh and temperature over a whole years it's hard to know what's best, but yeah you may want a 400W HPS in winter even in your 90x90 tent. hps are rather cheap compared to led so that's no a that huge invest .

i never heard of clonex spray but i did use some clonex gel years ago with great results, now i m doing my clone in all mix, i dip the cutting in honey and water with root juice, acti vera, bio heaven, got plenty of roots in small cups after two weeks doing so wich is pretty similar as with clonex gel

about how many mothers in a 40x40 i think 2 mothers in 20x20 area and 40x20 area for clones.
might be easy for 9 clones, average for 16 clones, and more difficult for 25 clones

trt92

trt92

yeah until you've monitored rh and temperature over a whole years it's hard to know what's best, but yeah you may want a 400W HPS in winter even in your 90x90 tent. hps are rather cheap compared to led so that's no a that huge invest .

i never heard of clonex spray but i did use some clonex gel years ago with great results, now i m doing my clone in all mix, i dip the cutting in honey and water with root juice, acti vera, bio heaven, got plenty of roots in small cups after two weeks doing so wich is pretty similar as with clonex gel

about how many mothers in a 40x40 i think 2 mothers in 20x20 area and 40x20 area for clones.
might be easy for 9 clones, average for 16 clones, and more difficult for 25 clones

I can just cut the clones and move them to 90x90 tent, when its time to dry, if i can hsrvest all same day

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i think a 250w hps might be to big for 40x40 and it's hard to find 150W hps nowdays so you may have no others choice for veg than led or t5 t8 fluo/led

Top Bottom