Help with led growtent setup

• Thread starter trt92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
trt92

trt92

I might have to work 2 weeks away from home in my job, so would be nice for me to have, if its not to much of s hazzle for a few plants.. Also its illegal and id like to keep runs in and out of grow room a minimal to not make neighbours thinking whats goi g on there.

The video i linked seemd like some cheap tubes coming froma big bucket of water that i could make rdy prefered ph and nutrients and it drips enogh out so its always enogh water it seems.. Idk about what pump is used ttho

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I might have to work 2 weeks away from home in my job, so would be nice for me to have, if its not to much of s hazzle for a few plants.. Also its illegal and id like to keep runs in and out of grow room a minimal to not make neighbours thinking whats goi g on there.

The video i linked seemd like some cheap tubes coming froma big bucket of water that i could make rdy prefered ph and nutrients and it drips enogh out so its always enogh water it seems.. Idk about what pump is used ttho
Yep that’s what the floraflex system has, a res and pump (res size is your choice can be 5 gal or 100 gal up to you,) full kits come with a pump and all, you chose the layout 4-6-8-9… 100+ plants etc then go through the options to put the rest together

trt92

trt92

Yep that’s what the floraflex system has, a res and pump (res size is your choice can be 5 gal or 100 gal up to you,) full kits come with a pump and all, you chose the layout 4-6-8-9… 100+ plants etc then go through the options to put the rest together
Seems like its rockwool cubes with? Cant i just use normalsoil with some tubes into?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Seems like its rockwool cubes with? Cant i just use normalsoil with some tubes into?
Have you considered AC Infinity self watering fabric pot bases?

There are pros and cons to just about every system including a bottom feed system. However for simplicity of design, it can't be beat. You can make your own easily enough with wicking rope, a plant riser and a basin to hold the water in it.

trt92

trt92

No just got into it,, id like something that could last for like 2 weeks before i gotta refill

trt92

trt92

Soil seems to get muddy in my pots, water takes some time to go down when i water them.. I regret not using perlite or something to make drain in soil better now. I didnt have this issue last time, and i used 10% perlite then.
But wondering, do i have to repot now, Or can it survive with muddy water, bad drain inside soil? I just turned on flowering too if it matters

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

yeah it look a bit droopy like if it's overwatered, how often and how much do you watering ?

All-Mix Soil as some perlite in it. i think at this point you should water something like 750ml every 4-7 days.

Still a bit small to my taste for flowering flip i'd wait a week more.

trt92

trt92

yeah it look a bit droopy like if it's overwatered, how often and how much do you watering ?

All-Mix Soil as some perlite in it. i think at this point you should water something like 750ml every 4-7 days.

Still a bit small to my taste for flowering flip i'd wait a week more.
Yea i know i shud wait more, buti just wanna get it going too experience a grow quick and see if the smell is kept away while flowering.
I water them every 3-4 days.. I was just on a 6 day holiday, so i watered them alot before i left, and then watered alot when i got home... I read soil could become like this easier if i watered like this but i dont have a choice.. Also going on a 7 day vacation in 2 weeks, so then il have to give thema huge watering again before i travel.
Also after the water spill i saw humidity got up to 70% so i gues i have to buy a de humidifier.
Also wondering about the dead, yellow leaves on the bottom from wrong ph or whatever it was in the beginning. Should i cut them off or leave them on?

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i usually keep anything as long as there's enough green, at some point usually lower leaves fall by themselves but you can also removes them is they're too damaged

Last edited:
trt92

trt92

I read somewhere i cant use weed coming from femenized seeds as a motherplant. I have that now, is it true? Should i just flower the one i keep?

Lockebox

Lockebox

I read somewhere i cant use weed coming from femenized seeds as a motherplant. I have that now, is it true? Should i just flower the one i keep?
Not sure I understand the question 100% but you can definitely make a mother plant out of feminized seed stock. You can turn pretty much any plant in to a 'mother plant' by keeping it in veg assuming its a photoperiod.

You can always take cuts then flower the one you're keeping if you have the means.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

when you have a batch of 12 seeds from the same strain best option is to let the plant grow without any topping for 3-5 weeks then switch to flower.

you' ll soon be able to cut some lower branches to clone

this way you get a clone of each plant that may become a future mother depending each phenotype you'll get after harvest

trt92

trt92

when you have a batch of 12 seeds from the same strain best option is to let the plant grow without any topping for 3-5 weeks then switch to flower.

you' ll soon be able to cut some lower branches to clone

this way you get a clone of each plant that may become a future mother depending each phenotype you'll get after harvest

Ok so should have cut 1 clone of all plants before i turned on flowering?

Right now i got 10 in flower for 1 week, and 1 in a vegtent. Im thinking of letting mother grow for 2 months, intill flowering of the rest is done. Then hopefully get 20 clones of this 1 plant..or as much i can get..

Just came over this:
Can you make a mother plant from a feminized seed?
Just remember that feminized seeds are produced for the purpose of growing out once, not for making mother plants
.Oct 20, 2015

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

you can still cut clone safely even first 2-3 weeks of flowering

automatic feminized seeds are produced for the purpose of growing out once not feminized

trt92

trt92

you can still cut clone safely even first 2-3 weeks of flowering

automatic feminized seeds are produced for the purpose of growing out once not feminized
Do i have to continue flowering the clones if i take them 3 weeks into flowering?

About the clones,, i bought clonex gel, should i just put that on and stick them in cubes? Or in a glass of water first?

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Do i have to continue flowering the clones if i take them 3 weeks into flowering?

About the clones,, i bought clonex gel, should i just put that on and stick them in cubes? Or in a glass of water first?
No you don't have to keep flowering them. But they will go thru a reveg stage that will stunt growth a bit. This could lead to a very branchy plant and a good foundation for a giant plant 🪴 outside 😀

trt92

trt92

No you don't have to keep flowering them. But they will go thru a reveg stage that will stunt growth a bit. This could lead to a very branchy plant and a good foundation for a giant plant 🪴 outside 😀
Ok, i gues il try take some clones then to put outside, just had 5 autos sprouting now i planned putting outside aswell

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Ok, i gues il try take some clones then to put outside, just had 5 autos sprouting now i planned putting outside aswell
Reveg plants IMHO are great for taking clones because of the branches.

trt92

trt92

I read that i cant but the clones under light at the beginning, cus its to strong and reqomend put them in the window for normal daylight...? I cant have weed plants sitting openly... Wont it work to just dim down my 100watt led in my vegtent?

Also i read i need a 7inch long clone, cut lower leaves off, and cut the tip of the remaining fan leaves off.
And dip it in rooting hormone and straight into water, once i cut of my clone

Is this how i shud do it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom