Here's a real stumper..SUN BURN .I guess...what do you think about this issue

• Thread starter The Hippy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Super-low feeds, not pure water flushing, is what I would do in this situation.

The white spots don't look like any PM I've ever seen. You might want to scope them. No mites or anything like that going on? I'd also get a look at the roots if at all possible, if for no other reason than to rule OUT a problem in the rhizosphere.

When I figure out what causes the crispiness without losing color I'll let ya know. :/

The Hippy

The Hippy

Ok..............I put in an RO setup...so hoping for a big turn around.
Inda-gro is the nicest of companies. My one pontoon is a little slow to start up. They are replacing it at no charge to me. They even called to see if the new pontoons had arrived and if the setup went well. Very nice of them !!! So far they have been more than helpful and generous. They even sent me a small trial size of the root enhancer product. Again ..nice treatment.
I'm expecting to get that blow up soon on those buds Chaz. I think my whole setup was f^&ked up by my city water. I think the burn was lockup and I'm hoping with my new pontoons and my RO water things will improve.
any plants siting under the Inda-gro lights seems to be do quite well despite being locked up by salt and minerals.
Thanks again to anyone who took their time to offer help....much appreciated considering everyone here has no obligation to help.
I think it goes to prove that weed folks are some of the best of people.
When thing improve more I will add some healthier plant photo's. The RO is only a few days old . so far they had a flush of maybe 10-12 galllons per plant and one feeding of just pure RO water. I',m just rying to let them come back from th shock
any further suggestions on this are always welcome

Cheers

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My suggestion, not remembering what your media is, is to not give pure RO but instead to put a little something in that water, even just some molasses or sugar or pee.

mirkogrocrop

mirkogrocrop

your buddy nailed it awhile ago back there... if your humidity is not stable, this very well may be the issue. 75%RH, 80degreesF for veg. 54%RH, 74degrees for flow. Look up transpiration if you want to learn more about why this works and allows the plant to uptake water easier... Good luck!

The Hippy

The Hippy

Hey Everyone
Not sure if anyone cares or not but I FINALLY figured out the problem I had here. After trying literally everything including replacing the tent itself, I now know what was causing the problem.
It was none of the above mentioned problem. I did find some Thrips and eliminated them. I don't think they were the cause of the problem but probably didn't help either.
I came back here to update this nearly 15 month issue because I think it's important enough to help anyone else who may read this. I only got this issue solve in the last three weeks. Still loosing plants an getting this bizzare burn that happens in three days....FAST..real FAST
So here it is..and it drove me nuts before It dawned on me.....OZONE. It was too much ozone. I have a ozone generator and it was spraying the plant nearest it and killing them...plain and simple really. Ho stupid i feel missing this. It was even affecting them through the tent and the ones closest were dying. FAARRRKKK
So lesson here is Ozone near plants will kill them. I since moved it out of the room and all is fine now.
Thanks very very much too ll who tried to help me fix this. I'm happy now..after 15 months.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Ozone ..the double edged sword, glad to see you finally got that issue figured out ....what a sigh of relief huh? 15 months facing the same issue would've had me pulling out all of my hair ....wait a minute I don't have any hair lol I always check for (1st) any environmental issues, (2nd) pests, and (3rd) disease before doing anything to the plants. Hope you have happy grows from here on out bro!

The Hippy

The Hippy

Ozone ..the double edged sword, glad to see you finally got that issue figured out ....what a sigh of relief huh? 15 months facing the same issue would've had me pulling out all of my hair ....wait a minute I don't have any hair lol I always check for (1st) any environmental issues, (2nd) pests, and (3rd) disease before doing anything to the plants. Hope you have happy grows from here on out bro!
Thanks Man yes it SUPER frustrating and I fell STUPID to not have noticed the problem. Oh well It cost me thousand but it is fixed. It was only the plants near the unit...real near. Even plants in the room outta the tent were fine as long as they wern't close to it. Drove me nuts...oh ya.

The Hippy

The Hippy

Well, thanks for being humble enough to share the experience with us, Hippy.
I just wanna add to the the knowledge base we all share here. It may help someone else. Plus wanted to thank everyone here who put some thought into my problem.
Well I guess we all have our stupid moments and I hope to teach from mine. I don't think a lot of people have ozone generators but I was helped by a few threads I found " out there". Clued me in ...duh :wideyed:
Oh well it forced me to improve EVERYTHING I was doing. So I learned some lessons as well.
Thanks again everyone...Seamaiden you were great as well...Cheers all.

Max Frost

Max Frost

I just wanna add to the the knowledge base we all share here. It may help someone else. Plus wanted to thank everyone here who put some thought into my problem.
Well I guess we all have our stupid moments and I hope to teach from mine. I don't think a lot of people have ozone generators but I was helped by a few threads I found " out there". Clued me in ...duh :wideyed:
Oh well it forced me to improve EVERYTHING I was doing. So I learned some lessons as well.
Thanks again everyone...Seamaiden you were great as well...Cheers all.

It happens to everyone eventually, bro! It's not about being stupid...it's about just not having experienced it yet! ;) Glad you got it figured out. I went thru an issue a while back and couldn't figure it out. I went round and round. Turned out to be a bad pH meter. Actually, I had already suspected and replaced the meter early on, thinking that was a likely cause. HOWEVER...the 2nd meter ALSO turned out to be bad and was reading several points off. I never suspected it might be the prob since it was new. Just goes to show...check, check and re-check again!!! Best of luck to you, Hippy! At least it has been a good learning experience. Best, -Max

The Hippy

The Hippy

Hey Max
Thanks Bro. Yes true. I just never put two and two together...duh...oh well I do feel good about finally seeing the light. So obvious but not to me apparently.
As far as your PH meter troubles go..shit eh. Who would figure a second meter would be bad too. I been there at times fixing something broken thing before and the replacement part is a bad too. Fucks ya up cause you think well it's new it should be good. That's why lately I've been calibrating my meter more often. I don't know what makes them go off calibration but they do slightly. So fresh calibration fluid on hand is a must imo.
Save that ...opps moment when you realize..shit this thing is out......grrr
Sometimes I get lazy and think, oh it's fine I'm sure....not
Ya being burned is a good teacher. How's the induction lighting going for you?

Max Frost

Max Frost

Hey Max
Thanks Bro. Yes true. I just never put two and two together...duh...oh well I do feel good about finally seeing the light. So obvious but not to me apparently.
As far as your PH meter troubles go..shit eh. Who would figure a second meter would be bad too. I been there at times fixing something broken thing before and the replacement part is a bad too. Fucks ya up cause you think well it's new it should be good. That's why lately I've been calibrating my meter more often. I don't know what makes them go off calibration but they do slightly. So fresh calibration fluid on hand is a must imo.
Save that ...opps moment when you realize..shit this thing is out......grrr
Sometimes I get lazy and think, oh it's fine I'm sure....not
Ya being burned is a good teacher. How's the induction lighting going for you?

Haha...yep! This hobby is not very forgiving of laziness! Every time I get a little lazy...I wind up regretting it! It's better just to get into your routines and stick with them. Some days it's like " Ohh Eee Ohhh...It's off to work I go", but it's ALWAYS worth it on chop day!! :hungry:

The Induction light is a good light! IMO...it has it's strengths and weaknesses (what doesn't?) but overall, I've been very happy with it. I'm going to be adding some HPS into my flower room and will be using it along with them. My primary reasons for going with it to start with was the low heat and low power draw. It really excels there! Best, -Max

The Hippy

The Hippy

Haha...yep! This hobby is not very forgiving of laziness! Every time I get a little lazy...I wind up regretting it! It's better just to get into your routines and stick with them. Some days it's like " Ohh Eee Ohhh...It's off to work I go", but it's ALWAYS worth it on chop day!! :hungry:

The Induction light is a good light! IMO...it has it's strengths and weaknesses (what doesn't?) but overall, I've been very happy with it. I'm going to be adding some HPS into my flower room and will be using it along with them. My primary reasons for going with it to start with was the low heat and low power draw. It really excels there! Best, -Max
Ya gotta love chop day. I got a Lemon skunk and a Purple Kush to chop tmo night. I leave them in the dark for five days before trimming them. I dunno if it helps but it gives me extra time to get the work done.
Ya routine is the thing for sure. Sometime I get a few days with less...then bang a lot of work comes due...but still love it. Growing out a few cheeses right now I never had before. They need another three weeks. Also traded some Lemons and suicide cheese for some XXX's and LA confidential's. So we'll see how they go and grow. Also growing Skunk 1...Fruit Spirit...Sensi Star...Wappa....The Purps...Irainian Chemdog....
All under induction

Top Bottom