Hey guy I need help I’m new to dwc and having issues

• Thread starter Bendover
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bendover

Hey guys first time poster here, I’m new to dwc and having some issue I can’t figure out...
I’m about week 3 in veg and the plants started going droopy and curled leaves but no burnt tips, I was running 500ppm 5.8-6 ph and water temp 20c. I thought it must be time for a water change, I changed the water out and bumped the ppm up to 700 Because in my experience growing with coco curled leaves with no burnt tips means not Enough nutes, after I changed the water out and ran 700ppm they became much better for 1-2 days but then got worse again, the plant in the bottom left looks like it will die soon, water is fresh river water not town water full of Chemicals, no sign of root rot, water temp is 20c ppm is 700, ph is 5.8-6 , can anyone help me? The pant that looks like it’s dying has verry little root even though it was the largest plant. Have also checked the pants water feeder and air stone both are fine

Hey guy i need help im new to dwc and having issues
Hey guy i need help im new to dwc and having issues 2
Hey guy i need help im new to dwc and having issues 3
Hey guy i need help im new to dwc and having issues 4
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I can see your photos fine. I'm sorry you are having such trouble with your plants! I just started doing DWC so I don't know what to tell you but I know someone who can probably tell you exactly what is going on. @Aqua Man will most likely chime in when he has time and is super helpful.

As I said, I don't know a lot about DWC, still learning, but your roots don't look like they match the growth up top, they look very weak. What are your res temps? Are running Hydroguard? The river water has me wondering also.

You might want to chime in with all the info on your grow that you can think of. There is a thread in the Hydro section of the forum here with all the info the experts will need to help you fix your problem and get a good harvest. Give them as much info as you can and you may still be able to salvage things! Good luck!

B

Bendover

I can see your photos fine. I'm sorry you are having such trouble with your plants! I just started doing DWC so I don't know what to tell you but I know someone who can probably tell you exactly what is going on. @Aqua Man will most likely chime in when he has time and is super helpful.

As I said, I don't know a lot about DWC, still learning, but your roots don't look like they match the growth up top, they look very weak. What are your res temps? Are running Hydroguard? The river water has me wondering also.

You might want to chime in with all the info on your grow that you can think of. There is a thread in the Hydro section of the forum here with all the info the experts will need to help you fix your problem and get a good harvest. Give them as much info as you can and you may still be able to salvage things! Good luck!
thx mate the res temps are always around 20c just perfect, hopefully someone can help today its going to die soon, i dont have any hydrguard but am using other some beneficial microbes

Last edited:
B

Bendover

also i am using flora max a and b plus calmag aswell, ive had great results in coco and the plant growth up untill now has been awsome

PK1

PK1

Supporter
what are the temps and humidity inside the tent. Maybe turn your light intensity down until they recope

PK1

PK1

Supporter
are the roots touching the water mark? if not fill up the pales more or better, hand feed until the roots hit the water mark

PK1

PK1

Supporter
run me through your water change. what you add and how much. The source of water is from a river? what is the ph and ec of the source water?

B

Bendover

run me through your water change. what you add and how much. The source of water is from a river? what is the ph and ec of the source water?
temp inside the tent is 19c humidity is at 90% cause there is a rain storm coming over rn, ive pulled the lights back i have 2x 600w hps per tent, the water level is around the bottom of the net pot but i bumped it up some and dropped the hight of the dying plant to get it right down in the water. when i changed out the water i pumped out everything i could maybe a few litres left, i refilled it with fresh river water wich has a ppm of 60 and ph of 6.5 at the source. i add 50ml of floara max A and 50ml of floara max b and 25ml of calmag per 20l drum, takes 3 to fill it with a total of 60ltrs to fill it, i think i may have got it wrong in thinking that they needed more nutes cause they have got worse since i did

Ponky

Ponky

I'm not saying this is what it is. But I myself have damaged the roots because I was sloppy during a water change. Mechanically broke the roots from the stem. I'm sure someone here has had this similiar issue.

B

Bendover

I'm not saying this is what it is. But I myself have damaged the roots because I was sloppy during a water change. Mechanically broke the roots from the stem. I'm sure someone here has had this similiar issue.
yea it cant be that i have a reservoir so i dont have to touch the plants to do a water change

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i can only see two causes that would do this. Either heat stroke or not enough water.
room temp at 20c could be better but 90% humidity is too much. 26c with 65/70% would be perfect. maybe turn on a heater?
Also, adjust your ph to 5.5

PK1

PK1

Supporter
are the pibbles moist/wet enough? do you have condensation around the inside of the net pot?

B

Bendover

i can only see two causes that would do this. Either heat stroke or not enough water.
room temp at 20c could be better but 90% humidity is too much. 26c with 65/70% would be perfect. maybe turn on a heater?
Also, adjust your ph to 5.5
i just checked the temp guage again it took longer to settle than i thought its at 20c and 50% hum now, ill drop the ph and have added more water hopefully that will help

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
what are you using to stabilize the reiver rez water? enzymes?

B

Bendover

what are you using to stabilize the reiver rez water? enzymes?
i have slight green algie on the clay balls but was told thats just from the light hitting the clay balls and shouldnt be an issue, no algie in the water and the plants with bigger root balls look lovly and white

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
what order are you adding the liquid or dry amedments, enzymes to the water?

Top Bottom