High Iron in well water???

• Thread starter basscaptain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I see the ppm is down to where it should be now... Good stuff.
hey homie,question,if i di go for a ro system at the well,would that water still be ro water in say a 5thousand gallon resevoir tank that would come into the house?we need a tank,7 of us keep this thing working,im trying to figure out were i would do a ro system if i got one,my only and biggest issue is the waste water,i dont like the idea of not using it,i dont think it could be used in my garden with all the minerals gone from it,might be wrong

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I got 2 weeks, will be buying filter buy the case.......................
May have to look into hitting a semi , so I can have a yr supply lol
been right at 3 weeks on a filter here,i got same shit,what is weird as shit is when i replace the filter,the water seems slow and white coming out faucet,after a week or so just a clear as spring running water,when it close to change then pressure goes back down and hose is like half on,hey another ting bro,if you giving the dogs the waste water,it wouldnt hurt to put a pinch of asorbic acid in the res,i do this for my deer and dogs and cats,it is vit c

basscaptain

basscaptain

right my ro is after my tank for the shop/ apt
I have a pre filter that I run all the outside water though
then after my tank inside my shop 100 gal , I have the ro unit

basscaptain

basscaptain

hey homie,question,if i di go for a ro system at the well,would that water still be ro water in say a 5thousand gallon resevoir tank that would come into the house?we need a tank,7 of us keep this thing working,im trying to figure out were i would do a ro system if i got one,my only and biggest issue is the waste water,i dont like the idea of not using it,i dont think it could be used in my garden with all the minerals gone from it,might be wrong
I would do 2 tanks I for pre filter, for outside and etc
other with the ro to the house

I'll have 3 when all said and done, cause I add 1 for my house also

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

think i might be on to something with the grow,got a nigerian sunshine up,im thinking male and he dont have any issue finding that light,might just be the ole boy i been looking for to cross with my hard luck

basscaptain

basscaptain

I use a lot of water though that pre filter.... I water my grass everything outside goes though it, so I know what your saying.... my outside hose got to a pee lol so I changed it... got a case of 25 coming

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

RO would go after the sediment filter and before any water softener. Nothing will change in the storage tank. The waste water is fine for almost anything. It will have a higher mineral content but the filters actually remove quite a bit. Just test the waste water but I would not have a problem using it in the garden or lawn as rain water will easily dilute and wash it away. You just don't want to use it after a water softener that adds Lotsa of sodium, it will burn up your RO filters quick and have higher sodium in your waste water

basscaptain

basscaptain

I ended up running 225 more ft of 3/4 pvc to the back area for a few beans Next spring...:)

Filters are Still Cheaper then the pay water and I don't feel like I'm getting f..ked as bad :) as BUYING water

Madbud

Madbud

been right at 3 weeks on a filter here,i got same shit,what is weird as shit is when i replace the filter,the water seems slow and white coming out faucet,after a week or so just a clear as spring running water,when it close to change then pressure goes back down and hose is like half on,hey another ting bro,if you giving the dogs the waste water,it wouldnt hurt to put a pinch of asorbic acid in the res,i do this for my deer and dogs and cats,it is vit c
Try presoaking the new filter

basscaptain

basscaptain

so AQ got a ??? can I run my RO Filters # 1,2,3 for 4 weeks then run them in the pre filter for a week each and get double work out of them????

Yes I'm a Cheap Azz sometimes lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

so AQ got a ??? can I run my RO Filters # 1,2,3 for 4 weeks then run them in the pre filter for a week each and get double work out of them????

Yes I'm a Cheap Azz sometimes lol
Not sure what you mean but I'm a lil high ATM. You don't need the carbon filter at all. Just the prefilter and RO filter. You can add the DI filter if you feel the need but I would skip it. Personally I would run the filters until you reach 70-80ppm so really just the sediment and RO membrane. Should save you some money.

basscaptain

basscaptain

I don't know
20191004 194932
it actually is about ready to kick and go up another about 10 psi I've got 500 gallon tank outside and then I got the hundred gallon tank inside in a hundred gallon hot water tank right next to that and it's just me and the dogs now at my house I'm going to put a pretty big tank just because for a selling point if I ever decided to move or something or if the kids and the grandkids all show up because that's probably what's going to happen that was the whole plan in the whole you know idea here anyway was stand-up you know with more than just me and me here

basscaptain

basscaptain

Now that I'm looking at the gauge I think it's time to replace that gauge there's some Rust showing their damn it man you just make my life more work

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

RO would go after the sediment filter and before any water softener. Nothing will change in the storage tank. The waste water is fine for almost anything. It will have a higher mineral content but the filters actually remove quite a bit. Just test the waste water but I would not have a problem using it in the garden or lawn as rain water will easily dilute and wash it away. You just don't want to use it after a w,ater softener that adds Lotsa of sodium, it will burn up your RO filters quick and have higher sodium in your waste water
so storage tank,i have a 250 gal IBC tote down there im use for nutrients when i feed,reason im asking,got the trash can grow going,found out the well water was the issue,got ro water filled the can and every thing cool,every 2 days was refilling it,ph ppm right on cue,so im thinking the condensation water coming from the house drain line is like ro water,ph 7 and ppm 33,checked ro water ph 7 ppm30,pretty much the same right,well to save money on ro water started using the condensation water,top off 3 times over a week,well yesterday,i started getting a spike in ppm like 1400 ph 5.1,so i added just plain tap water which is 7.24 ppm 315,ok rasied the phto 5.2 but wouldnt go any higher but ppm did,so siphoned all water out today rinsed the roots,had a sad plant boy i mean sad,so filled with ro water,added all the same nutes and still had 5.2 ph ppm right at 1100,well the recipe calls for 5.8 to 6.2 ph ,i been running 6.so i added 27 grams each of magnesium sulfate and calcium nitrate,just a few points difrent,im like what is going on,so had enough room for 2 more gallons of water,u,sed the tap water because the ppm and ph so high i figured it would balance out to right at 6 and 1200 ppm,put 1 gal in did raise the ph to 5.4,added 1 more gallon and ph leveled off at 5.8 and ppm at 1200,so i left it,check in morn to see if it still there,i have no clue how to raise the ph witout rasing the ppm,can you use to much hydroguard and maybe this is why im having issues,every other top off i use 60 ml of it

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I don't know View attachment 900811 it actually is about ready to kick and go up another about 10 psi I've got 500 gallon tank outside and then I got the hundred gallon tank inside in a hundred gallon hot water tank right next to that and it's just me and the dogs now at my house I'm going to put a pretty big tank just because for a selling point if I ever decided to move or something or if the kids and the grandkids all show up because that's probably what's going to happen that was the whole plan in the whole you know idea here anyway was stand-up you know with more than just me and me here
damn 75PSI,turn your hose on a check it for me if you will

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Now that I'm looking at the gauge I think it's time to replace that gauge there's some Rust showing their damn it man you just make my life more work
boy let me tell you about work you caused,hahahahai spent a whole day building a damn pvc frame for this damn tent,never did find them 4 4ft long poles ,gave up built one from 3/4 pvc,then i spent all day yesterday building a muffler for the exhaust fan,get your ass out there and fix that gauge lmao hahahah

Latest posts

Top Bottom