High Times Cannabis Cup 2012

• Thread starter norcal215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I'll be attending this weekend in CO. Should be fun. I wish they would list the entrants somewhere.

outwest

Reactions: mal
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Not even interested in there fake cup. We got better stuff here on the Farm.

C'mon Mark! It's not just about whatever the "cup" competition is supposed to be. I do understand the possibility of foul play for awards with this sort of thing, but I did meet judges last year myself who had no clue about what the entrants were, and all were in numbered bags only. I agree that there should be at least an open judging of some form in the future. No matter what, I go for the people, and the opportunity to take part in our culture's celebration.

-TF

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It`s not just the foul play, it`s the way the game is set up! Only those who do biz in Holland can submit to entry.This is to exclude those who are not advertisers in High times mag. It`s played by High Times as a world cup but in fact it is only a Holland cup and sold as a world cup to much of the world. Many people`s work would surpass the strains entered in the High Times cup but so many people buy seeds because of the titles given to winners of the cup and are just being cheated. It`s a scam,it`s not about the craft, it`s about the money! Sure they put on a nice show but again it`s a promotion for sales and not a true contest!

Illmind

Illmind

I dunno i thought the same until i went to one. It is a money grab for bigh times ya but bro its hella competitive. Sometimes judges lose track and get so fucked up they forgot which ones they liked lol. So many samples so little time. If it were like a 2 month comp were ppl had a day with each entry to see what its really about it would be much more fair but unfortunately they dont have the time. They have celeb judges and draw winners in front of ppl so cheating is a bit tougher then buying an add in high times. Doesnt hurt, doesnt help either. My boy brought back many samples from last years cup and all my favs were the winners before i even knew what was what. That kosher kush shouldve got first place, it killed em all for me. Tangerine haze was super kill as well and a nice change. Greenplaces taboe was also yumy og.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
It`s not just the foul play, it`s the way the game is set up! Only those who do biz in Holland can submit to entry.This is to exclude those who are not advertisers in High times mag. It`s played by High Times as a world cup but in fact it is only a Holland cup and sold as a world cup to much of the world. Many people`s work would surpass the strains entered in the High Times cup but so many people buy seeds because of the titles given to winners of the cup and are just being cheated. It`s a scam,it`s not about the craft, it`s about the money! Sure they put on a nice show but again it`s a promotion for sales and not a true contest!

Don't forget to add Snitches to there resume.

Positive part is good to meet other farmers.
Is tempting because always is fun to talk with other farmers, on the other hand. I do not feel good about supporting scum like high times.

IMHO, would rule to have a thcfarmer cup or something similar. Something along the lines of nugs and jugs or '05 420 cup .

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Years ago there used to be a Breeders cup. It was only open to invite and only for breeders. They would host it annually in different peoples properties and homes. It was a good way to see what`s new in growing,breeding and have a fun time. Live music,food and everyone provided samples! It also was a great place to pick up seeds and clones from noted breeders. Maybe something on this line could be organized for different parts of the USA? Winners could chose to go on to a final and get a North America cup?

G

Garden Gnome

I just want to have a fun weekend with some good friends. Meet some new people, and put some faces to the names....:cool:. Regardless of who puts it on or who wins, it is a nice "excuse" to get out and have a weekend with like minded people, share, and laugh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom