how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420Gator

420Gator

what are some of these clubs I should start vending in LA i used to in sf and oakland but theystarted low ballin 2800 would be great..

I know of a few in the area paying 3+ and their top shelf doesnt look as good as the popcorn I grow buried under the soil. if youre shit looks good you can get off it easy

PM me

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

I was offered my asking of 3500 for the last bow I brought in, as they didnt haggle I probably could have gotten a little bit more.

All was well till they told me I'd get paid next week, I was pretty stoked, told them Id be back... with the smoke. That didnt go over well. I arrived at the set time, set date with the set weight. The "Donation manager" (I shit you not) was off that day and no envelope for me.

Went to a normal cash, on the spot and VERY happy to see me spot. 15 minutes later I was in Costco buying steaks.

I got kicked out of a club once. He demanded consignment, I explained I dont front, he goes off that this is how business is done etc... I walked. On the way out of his office, patients were looking like they heard it all so I handed out nugs and told them what club they could find more. Not a happy owner.

Thats awesome!

K

kushsmoker30

shoot if a place has OZ.s for 400 n U got fire, they better cough up 3800-4000 even at those high tickets they can still make plenty of money n pay the sales tax

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thought I would share something that happened last week at a collective/co-op(Van nuys/North Hills area) I went to, and at one time did some growing for until the management changed...

I was waiting in the Lounge area, and heard two guys who's voices started slowly getting louder. One was a grower who was asking for his money/donation. Said "he had only gotten $1000.00 of the 1800.00 he was owed. It had been 7 weeks and they kept giving him the runaround." He asked "to speak to the manager/owner by name(the guy that use to run the place)", and was told(by a voice with a heavy accent that was not understandable at some times) "he wasn't there, but would be back the next day or perhaps in 2 days." Which the Grower replied, "You've been saying that for 6 weeks".."I just want my 800, and I wont bother or deal with you again"..."I will even take 500. If you just give it to me today. So I wont have to "F" with you guys again"...To which the co-op guy replied "We dont owe you anything. Your stuff is gone. Get the "f" out"..The grower paused for a few seconds, and walked out of the back room into the lounge. At which point I got to leave as well..When I got outside I turned to him and said "Wow, the really Fing sucked. Sorry they are treating you that way"...He then said " yea but what can I do? If they wont pay my for the product that I gave them, and they already sold it..thats it, Im screwed"..
Of course I am paraphrasing most of this, but you get the point..Just another fun aspect of being a grower...

I heard the russians were getting in to the game bigtime around LA. Buying out dispesaries left and right. They are not accepting vendors because they supply their own spots via huge ops. If you come in they will take your flowers on the front, and will tell you to get the fuck out when you come back. I guess that;s one way of getting ahead of the competition...

Clawmark

Clawmark

Morning, Cap. You got the Russian thing spot on. I used to hit up a club in west Hollywood that was Russian owned. Seemed they owned 2 other clubs in the area as well and that was 6 years ago. Of course, COD was standard then and they paid VERY well....5k an elbow....woo hoo. Problem was they only did vendor business near closing time. There was more than a couple of times I was standing out on sketchy Hollywood blvd holding a bag full of bows at midnight. Lol, good times.

Ladyv

Ladyv

I've noticed more Russian owners in Van Nuys & NoHo lately....significantly more...but haven't had any issues because I only COD.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Perhaps we need a thread that reports all the co-ops/collectives, and dispensaries that are less then reputable. If they rip off growers then we need to do what we can to help that place fail. If they cant get product they cant stay open. If the places around them have better products at better prices they will slowly hemorrhage money, and go out of business.

Something like this...
Gspot(Van Nuys/North Hills)..Ripped of Grower for product($800.00as in above post)...November/2012

CMAC(Van Nuys)..Ripped of Grower(s) for product($6800.00*)....Dec.2012-January2013

Blue Banana(Reseda)...Changed out product for lesser quality, and then rejected it, refused responsibility..June 2010

...* This one is mine. Just a few weeks after posting about it happening to another grower(and being disgusted by it), it happened to me. I have a written contract, and text message contract with them, and they still did it. Talking to a lawyer(Contract Litigation) on Monday. Heard they did this to 3 other growers. The amount is just mine..

lol.. I think this is one way Unions start

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Perhaps we need a thread that reports all the co-ops/collectives, and dispensaries that are less then reputable. If they rip off growers then we need to do what we can to help that place fail. If they cant get product they cant stay open. If the places around them have better products at better prices they will slowly hemorrhage money, and go out of business.

Something like this...
Gspot(Van Nuys/North Hills)..Ripped of Grower for product($800.00as in above post)...November/2012

CMAC(Van Nuys)..Ripped of Grower(s) for product($6800.00*)....Dec.2012-January2013

Blue Banana(Reseda)...Changed out product for lesser quality, and then rejected it, refused responsibility..June 2010

...* This one is mine. Just a few weeks after posting about it happening to another grower(and being disgusted by it), it happened to me. I have a written contract, and text message contract with them, and they still did it. Talking to a lawyer(Contract Litigation) on Monday. Heard they did this to 3 other growers. The amount is just mine..

lol.. I think this is one way Unions start

thats a great idea.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
My nephew used to take me to a warehouse in Northridge where they only had one strain, it was always dank, ad it was $10 a gram for as much or as little as you wanted.

outwest

Peacheater81

Peacheater81

quote="caregiverken, post: 989805, member: 22759"]I agree a thread like that is a great idea...

Growers need to keep these places in check[/quote]

I second that!

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Get permission from Logic first and then start that thread. If hes okay with it be sure to label it BLACKLISTED COLLECTIVES / DISPENSARIES. Then start another thread where the COLLECTIVES / DISPENSARIES pay COD and on time with a good rating. Make sure they only list the bad ones in the correct area to keep shit straight. I have a few to post but have been a little cautious to blast the fuck out of people in fear of getting kicked out of the board. Last time I wanted to speak my mind it almost cost me my membership. Logic had mercy on me and cut me a break. So better to ask him and let him know first about the black list. This is an open forum about our love and passion for growing and all things that go with it but its still his baby. Better to ask permission on this one than be looking from the outside in and get your shit banned for life type deal.

Just my thoughts.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Best not to sell through clubs. If you do use cash and carry only. I never front to anyone anymore!

Peacheater81

Peacheater81

Lets start that good clubs thread!

To get back on track, 25-27 is what I say recently in the bay....then I saw the clubs selling my donations for 17/g and 55 per 1/8. Not getting lowballed again!

Clawmark

Clawmark

Excellent idea for the clubs thread but will it be allowed to happen? I've been knocking on doors and shaking hands for some months now and I've got a pretty good up to date personal data base on NorCal and SoCal club buying procedures and compensation rates. Lets just say there are mosdef a handful of excellent dispensaries out there that treat a vendor like a human being with courtesy and understanding and there's a whole lot more that look down on you until they determine if you have what they need at the moment. Compensation rates are still in the mid 3's on average for fire but that's only at the above mentioned clubs that actually treat you fairly. I've got a big list of places that will offer the most rock bottom rates without even looking at your meds. These same places then retail for 50 an 1/8 on avg...heh compassion my ass. Overall it was very interesting and enlightening getting back out on the road...best word of advice is stick to your price if your product is worth it...same advice given over and over on this thread.

Clawmark

Clawmark

Thx vonwolfen. This needs to be. Tried doing this 8 years ago on Weedtracker but dispensary money killed that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom