• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PrefersHam

PrefersHam

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indole-3-butyric_acid

Follow DS advice:

Ppms should be more like 250, not 700.

No need for cal-mag or co2 yet ( 900 is higher then i ever go anyway [peak at 800-900 during stretch])

Also, I dont use balls in the tables. When i veg i use ionic grow and voodoo. very low ppm. I use 1kmh in veg and have a very similar schedule to DS. No more than 30 days cutting to flower.

Many of my friends are using the botanicare flood table lids on their set ups. They are actually setting the net baskets into the lids to block all light from hitting the water.

CC's new baskets are fucking rad. They pretty much take the guess work out of transplant depth.

Peace,

HAm

U

UCswimmin

I want to be able to do this very much, 30 days cutting to flower.

I've gotten the TDS way down, so hopefully they'll respond well to that.

In what form or product should I look for the IBA?

Thanks again for any help

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

IMG 2061

Transplant night about 15 weeks ago. 300ppm ionic grow and voodoo 1kmh 6 feet up. shit went cray.

This is the lid people use.

Peace,

Ham

U

UCswimmin

Desertsquirrel is right about the t5's, those things are fantastic in veg. I just dont have the means right now. So I wish I could take his advice on that. I will if I pull this one off, thats for sure. So I'll move my light up, it was much too close so thanks to you guys for pointing that out.

Very nice Ham, your air hoses are way dialed in. mine are a jumbled mess laying next to the veg tray because they are also they hoses that will run to each UC bucket, again, budget related cutbacks. This ones gotta work!

I see they also have a lid that would fit my 4 x 4 tray, nice. I'll add that to the list, I like the idea of that.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

The size light you use should be directly correlated with the size of plant you are growing.

T5s - 4-16 inches
400-600 - 16-28 inches
1000 - 28 +

U

UCswimmin

Thanks so much for your help and the link.

They are in about 10 gallons of water. If I read correctly, I should add 1 TBSP of rooting powder with .1% IBA, like rootone or bontone?

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

We run 20/4 in veg, but 18/6 is perfectly fine. The point is to give your girls some dark cycle reactions which really help with root production.

What system/method are you using for pre veg and veg?

Hello i don't have a aeroflo for pre veg so I have a DIY rubbermaid tub with 6 hole for 3" net pots and a ezcloner style pump and manifold with sprayers that what I'm using following your nutrient exactly. And for veg I'm putting them in the UC I veg 16/8 with co2 1500 ppm just that it takes me about to 1 1/2 month in the UC in veg before I can flip 12/12 I have to wait that long cause I run a 4 xxl13 gal site to get at least a 1p per plant if not then its not worth it thanks

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I have a feeling your Co2 is contributing to your longer veg times. I would be running it at 500-550 during the stage your talking about.

I peak at 800-900 around week 3 of flower and start lowering it again.

Your sure the room is back to 350 for lights off right?

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

I have a feeling your Co2 is contributing to your longer veg times. I would be running it at 500-550 during the stage your talking about.

I peak at 800-900 around week 3 of flower and start lowering it again.

Your sure the room is back to 350 for lights off right?

Ohh ok I lowered it my controller only goes as low as 600ppm investing in a new one also I'm not sure if it's at 350 ppm at lights out what I do know it shuts off 15 min before lights out I would have to buy a green light and go in to check at lights out.

DS can you tell me a little more about your air and water temps and RH during veg in the UC as cause in flowering I think it's differnet thanks

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Hey DS I was also meaning to ask you what kind of T-8 bulbs do you use and if you use a dome tray for your cutting temp and RH also thanks

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I am not sure if i have amended this thread yet or not - but hand watering or wetting the baskets after they are put in the UC is out.

I know its counter intuitive, but the high humidity created by the airstones in each bucket is perfect for root growth - it doenst need any "help".

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

I am not sure if i have amended this thread yet or not - but hand watering or wetting the baskets after they are put in the UC is out.

I know its counter intuitive, but the high humidity created by the airstones in each bucket is perfect for root growth - it doenst need any "help".

DS your saying that after the Aeroflo and cuttings are put into the UC the water level is lower than the baskets and the humidity from the air stone will create the significant moister to cause roots to grow?

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Wow thanks that's going to help greatly as cause I've notice that in UC once I put the rooted clones I always put the water level above the basket ans that delayed the time of root growth.

As for T-5 lighting during pre veg what bulbs are you using 6500k grow only or a mix grow and bloom?

I also switching from t-5 to t-8 in cutting stage in dome to see if I can get them to root faster any T-8 lighting will do I have a 24" fixture thanks

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

DS on you aeroflo system when you transfer your rooted clones to the aeroflo the spray line inside the channels do you set them on high and then when roots come out do you lower it.
Also do you put any media in the net pots or just the rock wool cubes with the roots through the net pot so they dangle a little?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

nope, no media other then the cube, and water level is always set to 0.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Hello DS i have took cutting 9 days ago and still no roots i saw that you get great root growth by the 10th day im i doing something wrong
i even went out and bought a new tray humid dome with a thermometer built in and heating pad
i dont use thhe rockwool slabs like you i have the cube tray insert in the dome ssome cuts are in 1" rockwool cube and some rapid root plug the black one my temp the last 9 days were

Hi 91f -90%rh. The highest and lowest. 74f - 72%rh

Tell me what your ideal condition to root like that in 10days thanks

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I put these cuts into 4 inch cubes 4-5 days ago...

IBA and Ionic only...

IMGP1158
IMGP1157
IMGP1156
IMGP1153
IMGP1152
IMGP1149

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Very nice DS as usual iba and ionic only? Do you condition the rockwool with ionic? If so at what rate? Are you using a heated mat? What are your temp and RH? Are you using a dome? I would really like to improve very much my rooting time as it take me almost 20 days what takes you half that time thanks DS

Top Bottom