HOW TO WATER COCO FOR BEST RESULTS.

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

On grow I hand water first week 1 time a day as they are clones in cubes 2 week 2 feeds a day at 30 secs and in flower 4 feeds a day at 30 secs or if needed 40 sec that's why clay balls are need in pot drainage and sets water table in pot as u see I have no trouble with root rot as my bottom roots are in nute to with air stone so roots after clay balls sit in water nutes all the time .👻🚂🤙🤟💯🤜🤛

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

On grow I hand water first week 1 time a day as they are clones in cubes 2 week 2 feeds a day at 30 secs and in flower 4 feeds a day at 30 secs or if needed 40 sec that's why clay balls are need in pot drainage and sets water table in pot as u see I have no trouble with root rot as my bottom roots are in nute to with air stone so roots after clay balls sit in water nutes all the time .👻🚂🤙🤟💯🤜🤛
No doubt that works for you but there would be a big difference in how it works with someone in a 1 gal contain and a 5 gal with differing media amendments like perlite, vermiculite or hydroton.

For those wondering what a water table is.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Aqua, with one of my Thai strains, I can see that calcium is becoming an issue, but the nitrates seem sufficient, IMO. Don't wish to overdo nitrates in flower. Been using the Calcium Nitrate, what can I add during mid to late flowering, that can mitigate the problem, adding to the whole, while keeping my nutrients in a balanced ratio. I just need to control the Calcium, independent of the nitrate, is what I guess I'm saying....

Suggestions please, and a few would be ideal. Potassium or Phosphate could be with it, but so could something like sulfate, but it would need to be miscible in H20.

IMG 20210528 153200530
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I get the impression that calcium uptake is especially senstive to ph range, especially at acidic end, and possibly temps when it got a bit warmer. What factors, if any effect it's uptake?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua, with one of my Thai strains, I can see that calcium is becoming an issue, but the nitrates seem sufficient, IMO. Don't wish to overdo nitrates in flower. Been using the Calcium Nitrate, what can I add during mid to late flowering, that can mitigate the problem, adding to the whole, while keeping my nutrients in a balanced ratio. I just need to control the Calcium, independent of the nitrate, is what I guess I'm saying....

Suggestions please, and a few would be ideal. Potassium or Phosphate could be with it, but so could something like sulfate, but it would need to be miscible in H20.
No way possible for me to know bro... its organics in part no?

Imo if you ratios are in balance as you say it would have to be plant health, environment such as ph.

I also feel your not overdoing nitrates if your not seeing toxicity and we tend to cut to much nutrate on flower. Much like many tend to over do it in veg. Many thanks to our nutrient marketers for profit out there on that.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Nah, not organic. Masterblend, completely salted, but I spray microbes only on the outsides, and give an occasional rinse with humics. For enhancing taste, and trying to fortify it's defenses.

My methods are all salt at this point. Only organics get applied to the exterior of the cloth pots, for the most part. ie. protection.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I get the impression that calcium uptake is especially senstive to ph range, especially at acidic end, and possibly temps when it got a bit warmer. What factors, if any effect it's uptake?
Ph, nutrient ratio/interactions/sources (look up milders chart), transpiration, salinity among others...

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Some of these might get rotated outside, so I want them to be ready for it, if it happens.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
So what are your ratios?
I'm going around 1400ppm at the moment.

using:
1 calcium nitrate
1 masterblend
0.75 Magnesium Sulfate

50 ppm of Monopotassium phosphate
40 ppm of Potassium Bicarbonate
probably around 20 ppm of sediment in the water for starters.
Been keeping pH around 6, but it did get a bit lower when I added the first doest of monopotassium phosphate, that's why started adding what's below it, for pH correction, plus the added potassium is needed at this point, I believe.

Then I run the humics/fluvics though it once a week, and fungi/microbes, as a flush.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm going around 1400ppm at the moment.

using:
1 calcium nitrate
1 masterblend
0.75 Magnesium Sulfate

50 ppm of Monopotassium phosphate
40 ppm of Potassium Bicarbonate
probably around 20 ppm of sediment in the water for starters.
Been keeping pH around 6, but it did get a bit lower when I added the first doest of monopotassium phosphate, that's why started adding what's below it, for pH correction, plus the added potassium is needed at this point, I believe.

Then I run the humics/fluvics though it once a week, and fungi/microbes, as a flush.
In coco? What ppm?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
In coco? What ppm?
Yes, coco and around 1400 ppm. Fuck they still smell good, no mistaken that one. Good God that last one stinks of limes. What a potent pheno, it's one of my strongest smelling plants.

It's sorta like the stinkiest plants sometimes have the worst problems. There all auto breeds too, BTW.
I think these ones just need more calcium to make that smell their producing, more than some of the other strains.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes, coco and around 1400 ppm. Fuck they still smell good, no mistaken that one. Good God that last one stinks of limes. What a potent pheno, it's one of my strongest smelling plants.

It's sorta like the stinkiest plants sometimes have the worst problems. There all auto breeds too, BTW.
I think these ones just need more calcium to make that smell their producing, more than some of the other strains.
That's pretty high... maybe salinity and looks like light burn.

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

That's why the first 3 weeks I run ph at 5.8 for it can get the cal mag and u could have to much cal mag in pot if your dosing it with it and there is to much in pot it can't take up and giving lock out and burn signs👻🚂😎💯

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Suggestions please, and a few would be ideal. Potassium or Phosphate could be with it, but so could something like sulfate, but it would need to be miscible in

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Here we go, another good photo of the damage. Isolated to basically 2 plants.

I think these ones just need more calcium to make that smell their producing, more than some of the other things to look at

20210607 100601
20210607 100540
20210607 100515
NutrientAntagonism 1 300x270
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom