Hydro Permafrost T5 HO lights

• Thread starter deadcat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Ptone

Looking good man! Hey I have the same ballast you posted you were going to buy. I highly recommend them. I have 2 of them and they both work fantastic. They run very cool and the fan is quite!

deadcat

deadcat

Looking good man! Hey I have the same ballast you posted you were going to buy. I highly recommend them. I have 2 of them and they both work fantastic. They run very cool and the fan is quite!

Thanks. Yeah I'm a little concerned about heat when I start the flowering w/the HPS. Good to hear they run pretty cool, that should help.

On a separate note, plants are looking a little less green. Mostly the lower parts. I think it's about time to start adding some nutes, Gonna be adding some this weekend... Starting small.

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

Yup Yup go slow. If you only use one light the heat wont be near as bad as you think. The balast wont heat up past a point where you can still pick it up in your hand and the lights merely need airflow to push the radiant heat away. I pump my heat through my entire apartment. Winter months its about 75f in the grow and 80f in the rest of the crib. I open the window and place a heat shield over it tilted out at the bottom so the cool air falls in and evens out the whole home.

T

Thebogie

6 Plant

Looks good. What brand is your 6 plant? looking for that size.
Thx

K

KushMe

i posted this in another thread, but i thought it was relevant. This was veg/flower under t5 exclusively, the blue spectrum even
this last run was T5 experiment. It works just fine. just train/bend LST/SCROG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQx96w9Sfj4
thats a little video i made playing around with my laptop and digi cam

deadcat

deadcat

Looks good. What brand is your 6 plant? looking for that size.
Thx

They're all Permafrost.

Yup Yup go slow. If you only use one light the heat wont be near as bad as you think. The balast wont heat up past a point where you can still pick it up in your hand and the lights merely need airflow to push the radiant heat away. I pump my heat through my entire apartment. Winter months its about 75f in the grow and 80f in the rest of the crib. I open the window and place a heat shield over it tilted out at the bottom so the cool air falls in and evens out the whole home.

Nice. Like music to my ears.

deadcat

deadcat

Here's this weeks pics...

End of wk 5 pics

1-1.JPG
1-2.JPG
1-3.JPG
1-4.JPG
1-5.JPG
1-6.JPG

Single Plant

2-2.JPG
2-1.JPG
2-3.JPG
2-4.JPG
2-5.JPG
2-6.JPG

Retard Plant Progress

2-Retard.JPG

deadcat

deadcat

Doing VERY well since adding the nutes, you can prob see in the first pics that small nute burn signs are showing (edges of leaves curling up) but I knew what to look for and was quick to act, used a large bowl to replace some reservoir water with regular tap, next day signs began to go away. Since no discoloration had began I was safe. Last 2 days the plant's growth has exploded! Prob getting used to nutes.

Week 6 Progress

Week 6 - All

1-11.JPG
1-21.JPG
1-31.JPG
1-41.JPG
1-51.JPG
1-61.JPG
1-7.JPG

Week 6 - Single Plant

2-3.JPG
2-5.JPG
2-6.JPG
2-41.JPG
2-51.JPG
2-61.JPG
2-7.JPG

Holes in Leaves were cause by transplant damage, I've notice this in the past too, you damage the roots, you get leaves that come out with holes. Nothing the plant can't deal with though.

Week 6 - Day 1 (pretty sure it was day 1) each plant except single plant from pic above

3-1.JPG
3-2.JPG
3-3.JPG
3-4.JPG
3-5.JPG

Ordered THIS hood to help w/heat when I start using the HPS, I've been using it on my blue crack plant that was in my window sill and even at 2 ft above there is signs of heat stress on top leaves, it will be closer than 2 ft to the plants in my grow tent b/c it's only 5ft tall to begin with. Don't think I'll need ducting though b/c the vent fan will be right next to/above the "heat outlet" on the hood. If needed though I'll get the ducting for like 30$ w/clamps and shipping, prob have to cut it though, I'd only need a foot.

Color came back to plants shortly after adding nutes too, pretty cool. I thought those leaves would just fade off and die. Still been misting the shit out of them too.

P

Ptone

You should replace that black mesh with something reflective like Mylar. Keep res temps down and bounce more light which equals less heat as well.

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

Keep misting lol, they look real good bud. My ops been going through the ringer lol.

deadcat

deadcat

Thanks guys. Yeah, I have another lid I spray painted black with krylon. 7 days have passed so the paints chip resistant now. Gonna drill the holes over the weekend, should have done that first I know, cause I'll just need to paint it some more if it chips when making the holes. Saved some paint incase that happens, but would be another couple days before I could use it if I did that (I'd wait a week at least). Mylar is a great idea too. Getting to be like a jungle, lol. This permafrost is very branchy/bushy. Gonna start flowering when they hit 12 inches, about 4 inches to go.

Happy New Years guys!!! :rasta2:

P

Ptone

You shouldn't of sprayed it black. Black Absorbs light you want it to reflect it back toward your plants.

deadcat

deadcat

You shouldn't of sprayed it black. Black Absorbs light you want it to reflect it back toward your plants.

I did quite a bit of research on this, black will stop light from getting in and creating algae, lighter colors won't work.

P

Ptone

word. I use Aluminum tape http://t2.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:pCYaI9O3nkjy-M:http://www.preservedgardens.com/images/materials/aluminum-tape.jpg&t=1

reflects light and makes it light proof.

deadcat

deadcat

word. I use Aluminum tape http://t2.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:pCYaI9O3nkjy-M:http://www.preservedgardens.com/images/materials/aluminum-tape.jpg&t=1

reflects light and makes it light proof.

Oh nice. It'd be a bitch putting it one though b/c the lid isn't flat. It has this crazy deep zig zag pattern in it.

deadcat

deadcat

Week 7 Progress

Week 7 - All

07-01.JPG
07-02.JPG
07-03.JPG
07-04.JPG
07-05.JPG
07-06.JPG

Week 7 - Single Plant

07-07.JPG
07-08.JPG
07-09.JPG
07-10.JPG
07-11.JPG
07-12.JPG

Looking good, getting really big, going into flower at the end of week 8/beginning of week 9 (end of next week).

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

Doing an excellent job brother, Glad we could turn it arround. Hey hit my journal huh, havent seen ya in a while and my babes are dealing with trauma but doing quite well. Again, the girls look real clean and very healthy. Congrats.

Latest posts

Top Bottom