I need a job out here

• Thread starter pimpmasterdlx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pimpmasterdlx

pimpmasterdlx

90% of everything industry related is in Denver proper so keep that in mind as you look places out in the sticks or up on the hill..
Hey TK
Do you think it would be ok to commute? Or should I just say fuck it and find a house closer to the city? I understand that I will most likely be working in denver. Thank you for your time.
Pm

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Totally up to you and your preferences...I loved it when I lived in the mountains but I wasn't working in any kind of structured environment at the time..at one point though I was driving almost 2 hours one way to work and 4 hours a day in the car was not for me..even an hour one way blows imo. Right now I'm no more than 10 minutes from any one of four warehouses and that suits me perfectly..if I wasn't grindin it out in D-town right now, I would be back out in the sticks far away from everybody

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

Hmm, I wonder why they need that crap :confused:...herb works great for me.
cause you gotta jerk off your boss for 200 a trimmed pound 5 days a week...most people are lucky to get 3-4 days a week.... and most places just do like 8.50-10 an hour now cause there are so many people that think trimming weed is cool and are here looking for work strictly with weed. like a kid who wants to paint a fence. they dont realize its work until they realize they have to work. haha. you could probably work at wal mart and make more money honestly, and actually have benefits lol. weed and coffee did the trick for me, until i saw them taking all the killer tops and selling the mids on the shelves... fuckers

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

you could seriously make more money selling blue dream clones on craigslist unless your a higher up in the company

I think I have to agree, for most people getting into the race now is silly. If your looking to be a staff member even in a large organization, think of it this way,......LOW PAY is standard, work tends toward the tedious, and every day you work another 1000 people show up in the same environment looking to break into the industry ever diluting the labor pool. With that kind of hiring pool no matter what the industry is two things start to happen,..........first your ability to do the job becomes almost secondary to 'getting along' with the strategy ownership has in place (never underestimate how hard this really is, especially if your practical knowledge is ignored) primarially because of all the 'willing to work for nothings' are looking to beat your price to do our job.

The second thing is the Best companies have been taking the best minds from the start, leaving a huge disparity in quality positions even being offered,......After 20+ years as a Certified Executive Chef every time I saw a position offered for the Head Chef position, I could only shake my head and ask,.....Where the fuck did the guy that worked his ass off to become the Chef GO? and Why? No owner in that entire time period ever took any responsiability for creating the situation that caused them to want to go,....and trust me I just spent the evening with the Head of production and his 2nd in command ( a friend of 20 years) for one of Denver's big boys ~ pulling down 20+lbs a day at least 5 days a week~ and the main topic was lack of quality staff members, the burn out of the members that were quality, and the rare situations where you watch "the lights come on" and someone finally 'GET IT'. The funny thing about seeing the lights come on is then you know they aren't going to stay a worker bee for any longer than it takes to finish learning whatever it is they want to know from your operation then 'SEE YA'!!!

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Sorry I'm really not trying to be a downer, Make your own niche and your gonna do great!
Evergreen is gorgeous, and you cannot beat being up out of Denver as the summer heat sets in but your gonna see that for yourself quickly!
If/When you get over here to the Boulder area give me a shout I'd love to talk with ya and help ya make a few contacts,....if you still want to work within the industry TEXASKID is a stud for offering to help and going through him would be a great advantage for anyone, if you find your still looking I'd be happy to make and introduction, or two myself. Get that Card locked down, and your ahead of the game.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
sounds like its easy to find work there..
the unemployment rate must be really low in Co.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

sounds like its easy to find work there..
the unemployment rate must be really low in Co.
Work yes, a living is tougher and depends on your perspective,.......you can always get a job putting butts onto ski lifts, but can you afford to live where you work? Not usually, look at Vail those fucks make millions while paying their staff so little they have to live in another town for Christ sake.......

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Gone are the days your pulling down $250.00 a trimmed pound, all the herb you can smoke +keeping all your scissor hash, and often even dinner.
are you saying, they take scrip meds because they can afford weed? :confused:

I would think all those workers would have there own weed growing at home.o_O

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Work yes, a living is tougher and depends on your perspective,.......you can always get a job putting butts onto ski lifts, but can you afford to live where you work? Not usually, look at Vail those fucks make millions while paying their staff so little they have to live in another town for Christ sake.......
Now THAT is a golden nugget right there.

pimpmasterdlx

pimpmasterdlx

Sorry I'm really not trying to be a downer, Make your own niche and your gonna do great!
Evergreen is gorgeous, and you cannot beat being up out of Denver as the summer heat sets in but your gonna see that for yourself quickly!
If/When you get over here to the Boulder area give me a shout I'd love to talk with ya and help ya make a few contacts,....if you still want to work within the industry TEXASKID is a stud for offering to help and going through him would be a great advantage for anyone, if you find your still looking I'd be happy to make and introduction, or two myself. Get that Card locked down, and your ahead of the game.
Thank you ucmetoo
I would love to check out boulder and meet a few people. I understand that there is a huge gap in knowledge with most of the budtenders, managers etc.
Every time I go into a dispensary it kinda breaks my heart, not only the lack of quality, but the lack of knowledge these budtenders have. It's really funny to get an "I don't know" answer when asking about strains and lineage. This industry has a lot of morons. I'm really not worried. Texaskid is an amazing person for taking a chance on me, and helping a fellow Thcfarmer out. I will have my badge in the next few days. I will not let TK down.

Top Bottom