I need a job out here

• Thread starter pimpmasterdlx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
trippinballz

trippinballz

I often laugh at how the ski/mountain lifestyle and the >new< weed lifestyle are similar.

Ever since the ski areas came to be folks have moved up here...worked for less and less...paid more to live....worked a second job to make ends meet...partied hard...worked a 3rd job if needed...always remaining broke but skiing/partying alot.....and few....very few...made it work long term...either due to economics or just plain burn-out.

Lotsa folks came to ski and party (replace with "get into the industry") but learned quickly that there's an ongoing price to pay that you gotta be willing to pay to be absorbed in the lifestyle. Like the weed thing...there's always new crew in waiting...stars in their eyes...

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

are you saying, they take scrip meds because they can afford weed? :confused:

I would think all those workers would have there own weed growing at home.o_O

I used to think that then I wised up,.....and even if they are growing at home they aren't putting out the fire. If they were they would hang up the scissors and go 'Festivaling' so quick it might tangle their dreads,.....Ken for most trimmers, and guys or girls at the reservoir filler positions boredom is the biggest problem,....imagine removing the feeling that your going to really crush your next rotation, or that it even matters if you do, now add in your not really learning much more than how your employers system runs, and no innovations sparked by your growing body of experience and it can get very stale for a lot of people,......not everyone some folks just want to make the donuts everyday, I'm glad someone does cuz' once and a while I Want a fucking Donut!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I could never trim day in day out (for someone else)...never.
But, I think I could Tend bud :)
I have a small carpenters pension. So I could get by on low pay ;)
Shit, if we still had clubs here...I would be tending bud at one right now:p

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Thank you ucmetoo
I would love to check out boulder and meet a few people. I understand that there is a huge gap in knowledge with most of the budtenders, managers etc.
Every time I go into a dispensary it kinda breaks my heart, not only the lack of quality, but the lack of knowledge these budtenders have. It's really funny to get an "I don't know" answer when asking about strains and lineage. This industry has a lot of morons. I'm really not worried. Texaskid is an amazing person for taking a chance on me, and helping a fellow Thcfarmer out. I will have my badge in the next few days. I will not let TK down.

Yep! Huge gap, I cant help but laugh because the gap between the people working in the industry ( the folks your properly identified as sub par) and the average 'Custie' shopping at the dispensary is Grand Canyon sized. Honestly you need to be a knowledgeable drinker to identify a good bartender, same will prove to be true in the canna~world. So were waiting for this to mature, I can't wait to chat up weed at the retirement home with the older folks in a few years, that's gonna be when its time to just SMILE.

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

hey you can get by being a ski bum partying..... top ramen w an egg cracked in.... hot water w 3 packets of ketchup makes a nice tomato soup when youre a broke skier. haha. even lifties get paid more than herb stores, and you get a free pass! (number 1 reason people even work at the resort)

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Canna cant be the only industry in colorado?Im surprised how many move there to work in that industry instead of to enjoy a beautiful place with legal weed and work for a regular non weed company with good pay and bennies? There has to be more than just dispensaries for jobs, I mean why work for someone who just looks at you as replaceable 99% of the time.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Good point @fishwhistle
Living in that beautiful place is a reward in itself
but
if i work construction i lose my pension.

I was just sitting on my porch medicating (just like Abe Lincoln)
and thinkin, I would like to be the guy that watches the weed dry. :)
Someone has to do it, Right?.
Or the guy that "Checks on it" while it cures.. :)
Yeah, thats the job i want

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Good point @fishwhistle
Living in that beautiful place is a reward in itself
but
if i work construction i lose my pension.

I was just sitting on my porch medicating (just like Abe Lincoln)
and thinkin, I would like to be the guy that watches the weed dry. :)
Someone has to do it, Right?.
Or the guy that "Checks on it" while it cures.. :)
Yeah, thats the job i want
You can work under the table all you want or in a different industry right?

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Colo has a ton of options, its just the truth that the stoners, and Green`Rushers haven't been in an environment where its actually freely allowed, or if they have mabye for not long enough and sadly that stifles their creativity when it comes to the myriad of ways they could be applying a skill set they probably already have worked to build.

Not refering to you at all there P, your obviously a soild grower and a motivated guy, all i'm saying is i'm sure you'd do quite well at anything with that kind of focus and tenacity.

pimpmasterdlx

pimpmasterdlx

Colo has a ton of options, its just the truth that the stoners, and Green`Rushers haven't been in an environment where its actually freely allowed, or if they have mabye for not long enough and sadly that stifles their creativity when it comes to the myriad of ways they could be applying a skill set they probably already have worked to build.

Not refering to you at all there P, your obviously a soild grower and a motivated guy, all i'm saying is i'm sure you'd do quite well at anything with that kind of focus and tenacity.
Teaching tennis and stringing rackets can get a little old after awhile. I came from a place where even talking about cannabis is a sketchy thing to do. Nobody even knew I grew, for the entire 9 or 10 years. You can't have friends over, you almost puke every time there's a knock on the door. Instead of being looked at like a criminal in Florida. I can come to colorado and not only talk my fuckn head off, but meet some awesome like minded people. :) and it's all mostly legal.

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

I imagine that working in the weed industry is similar to working in any other "hobby" business... I used to manage a motorcycle dealership....the pay for non management was low and the people coming in to apply for jobs were endless...pretty much the same for skiing, bicycles or anything else where you cater to peoples hobbies...Here is something interesting, there is very little if any drug testing in real estate and insurance related businesses...those people like to toke up!

Top Bottom