I need a new high volume trimmer $4,000 to $15,000

• Thread starter woodsmaneh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

crocodile og

Got my T4 recently.

Its loud but does an awesome job. Fast too.

Best money I've spent in a long while. :D

E

Elementalas

hey i heard the t4 isnt very available yet, as there having production problems, how long do people think it would take to get one if i ordered now?

also what is the best place to order one from online. monster gardens? thetrimmerstore?
My company has a T2 that was rented out a total of 5 days and is completely dealer refurbished with new self sharpening blades and tumbler. It still has 20 months under twister's two year manufacturer's warranty. We are asking $9500.00 including shipping, but are willing to take offers and make deals on local pickup. Thanks!

pugliese63

pugliese63

Trim Pro rotor is not worth the paper the literature is printed on IMO..used 2 of them side by side for a run and sold them the next week

1 guy can run a Satellite of Drone but better to have a couple people buckin off the vine and one on the machine

I'm considering a Satellite. I recently inquired about one and was told to expect a 20% to 30% loss in weight over dry trimming. Would you consider this accurate given your experience? Thanks.

N

noone88

I would say the versions of the salad spinner affect the quality more so than the yield. My Trimpro rotor is sitting in the corner unused as well.

The twister or the centurionpro is the way to go. The price point (sub $7K) is good.

oxanaca

oxanaca

I'm considering a Satellite. I recently inquired about one and was told to expect a 20% to 30% loss in weight over dry trimming. Would you consider this accurate given your experience? Thanks.

Jeeze I hope not, maybe they ment 20-30% trichromes inhabiting the outside skin of the bud. Obiously it destroys the trim as you end up with all the big leaves mixed in, and youll see a teny tiny amount of bus and hairs in the trim also.
I love my t4s speed, only trimmed some leafy mediocre pot (graded about 78% c+) so far though, it took the leaves off as well as I thought it would. Havent tested it any grade A bud yet though so I cant personally comment on quality yet.

pugliese63

pugliese63

Jeeze I hope not, maybe they ment 20-30% trichromes inhabiting the outside skin of the bud. Obiously it destroys the trim as you end up with all the big leaves mixed in, and youll see a teny tiny amount of bus and hairs in the trim also.
I love my t4s speed, only trimmed some leafy mediocre pot (graded about 78% c+) so far though, it took the leaves off as well as I thought it would. Havent tested it any grade A bud yet though so I cant personally comment on quality yet.

Thanks, that's what I'm thinking. I'm sure it depends on the strain you grow. I run a couple of Kush hybrids that are very low leaf to begin with. I can imagine more indica types might suffer a little more weight loss.

We have the opportunity to purchase a Satellite used at about a 35% discount. I hate to go to mechanical trimming but I don't have the option of bringing in help every cycle.

Glad to hear you like your T4, I keep hearing very good things about that one. I think I'd be equally happy with the Satellite or T4 as long as they do an acceptable job. At this point I'm open to either.

Thanks again for sharing your experience. Its a huge help.

N

noone88

Anyone have personal experience with these new slow tumbler-style trimmers?

T

Tylrr420

I just got my hands on a t4 and cannot wait to test it out (still have to wait a few more weeks). The engineering behind it is incredible I do have to say after taking it apart and really understanding how it works there is a lot of genius involved. I like the ideas of spraying the barrel with cold water to keep more trichs in tach as I am very nervous that I am going to not like this machine based on if the loss of trichs is as significant as what I've seen. I have seen the thread on here when the guy did the side by side vs hand trimming and the quality difference was definitely upsetting, however he did not clarify if he was using a lubricant, cold water etc( please chime in if you did). At least I didn't catch it. I do beleive tumbling around in a barrel wouldn't be great for trichs BUT there defiantly should be some other ways to prevent damage. Which brings me to my question. What if.... You bucked the fan leaves off your nugs and then tossed the product in a deep freezer for a half hour or so, then ran it thro the machine. Has anyone tried this? Maybe it's some stoned thinking but who knows maybe it would help... Let me know what you guys with twister experience think!

C

crocodile og

I just got my hands on a t4 and cannot wait to test it out (still have to wait a few more weeks). The engineering behind it is incredible I do have to say after taking it apart and really understanding how it works there is a lot of genius involved. I like the ideas of spraying the barrel with cold water to keep more trichs in tach as I am very nervous that I am going to not like this machine based on if the loss of trichs is as significant as what I've seen. I have seen the thread on here when the guy did the side by side vs hand trimming and the quality difference was definitely upsetting, however he did not clarify if he was using a lubricant, cold water etc( please chime in if you did). At least I didn't catch it. I do beleive tumbling around in a barrel wouldn't be great for trichs BUT there defiantly should be some other ways to prevent damage. Which brings me to my question. What if.... You bucked the fan leaves off your nugs and then tossed the product in a deep freezer for a half hour or so, then ran it thro the machine. Has anyone tried this? Maybe it's some stoned thinking but who knows maybe it would help... Let me know what you guys with twister experience think!

Just buck your fans, cut down the bigger buds and run fresh material. Keep your room on the cool side if you can. Too cold and the trichs would be too brittle so freezing isn't necessary.

You're gonna love this thing though. Saves so much time. It is super fast. I buck for the whole day then run it. Takes less than an hour to do its thing. If you have help to cut the plants down you will be amazed how much you can do.

EMC2

EMC2

For what its worth, I ran the Satellite trimmer for 4 harvests. Tried different speeds, blade closeness, etc. Not happy with results. Trimmer takes WAY too much crystal off the buds. Buds look beat up. For best results, you need to clean it every 2-3 hours. Best method is and always will be hand trimming!

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Centurion Pro is the fastest and gives the best trim of them all and paid under 7g. We have t2, t4 & CP1. Gonna trade up soon for the Gladiator ;)

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

Has anyone seen these in action? I am not impressed with this representation.
IMO. The price is ridiculous on both models. @GR33NL3AF , does this sell?

T

Tree Guru

I havent used the GreenBroz trimmer myself, but have heard from a very reliable source, that its the best trimmer on the market!

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Has anyone seen these in action? I am not impressed with this representation.
IMO. The price is ridiculous on both models. @GR33NL3AF , does this sell?

lol, I'm not sure about the best but allot of our indoor growers use it. I'm told it will knock all product down a grade, so A+ will be an A. Smaller dense buds do much better. The little guy has done 9 units in 4 hours and the larger one claims to double or triple that! They have 2 different blades for detail. What I tell customers: It will do nothing like a hand trim will but the machine will handle the product more gentle then a Twister or Satellite. Definitely worth renting first.

Bill Murry

Bill Murry

nothing beats hand trim we just sold our twister after two years. If you have mad units say 8+ and plan on wholesale it's fine. We hired back our group of hand trimmers due to the trichomes being smashed twister trim can't be turned into wax or shatter of any real quality kind of usable material because the chlorophyll turns dark green from being crushed.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
nothing beats hand trim we just sold our twister after two years. If you have mad units say 8+ and plan on wholesale it's fine. We hired back our group of hand trimmers due to the trichomes being smashed twister trim can't be turned into wax or shatter of any real quality kind of usable material because the chlorophyll turns dark green from being crushed.
Did you ever try the TrimPal? I have changed my tune, 100%, regarding hand trim vs machine. Of course, it's just little ol' me all by myself doing everything, but I also have... issues with inviting strangers into my home.

Bill Murry

Bill Murry

Did you ever try the TrimPal? I have changed my tune, 100%, regarding hand trim vs machine. Of course, it's just little ol' me all by myself doing everything, but I also have... issues with inviting strangers into my home.
No we had twin twisters and ran them non stop for couple years. The stranger issue is cleared up by we literately employ only family. Couple cousins, one guy from grade school, and my twin brothers they all either wrk house watch or gear themselves. I have no problem with machined nugs just in this new michigan climate every grower is pushing each other to be more successful than the next. To get to top shelf levels and still pull people to my location hand trim became our only option. Plus all the guys we laid off to a couple machines now all get to hang out and talk smoke be around and learn. I'm about to start blind folding them and delivering them for rent, the time off made them work harder for there finger hash and pay. It's expensive to house, feed, and keep smoked out 5 full time trimmers some don't drive or don't have cars. almost have to pay someone just to collect and deliver them all to locations. Just in just my Farm fam they work seven eight gardens in rotation plus the odd ball guys who olny do OG's three times a year. Just told @covertchem he could rent them coming up they just finished a spot last night had max MMA #'s and took6 days little over 4k in overhead +or - but everything is now 200 a zip quality in #'s

Top Bottom