I need a new high volume trimmer $4,000 to $15,000

• Thread starter woodsmaneh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

crocodile og

Just an update for everyone on my t4 twister trimmings.... The rumors of the trimmings not being very useful are true. I'm Sooo disapointed, so disapointed in fact I'm prolly gonna sell my twister and get a trim pal. I ran about 4 cases worth of butane last weekend through about idk maybe 1.5 #s maybe 2# of trimmings. I got a lousy 1.5 os (usually it's like 1 o per case.) I figured I would try to run the same trimmings thro again and run tighter packs in the blast tube. This time I ran three cases thro the exact same trimmings and came up with almost nothing. (Which tells me the first pull of 1.5 os actually grabbed all the thc) I'm not sure exactly how much trimmings I ran thro but my return is usually a hell of a lot more than this. Can anyone give a logical explanation of why twister trimmings are so useless? Is this everyone else's result? TOTAL BUMMER

Did you take off the big fan leaves?

Can't say for sure cuz I didn't measure the starting material but got waaay more than what you did in end product.

Flowers are my main product. Wax not so much.

T

Tylrr420

Oh yeah I took off the big fan leaves. I've been doing wax for about 3 years with my hand trimmings. Never had a pull this bad. Even ran it twice.

C

crocodile og

Oh yeah I took off the big fan leaves. I've been doing wax for about 3 years with my hand trimmings. Never had a pull this bad. Even ran it twice.

Thats a bummer then man. :(

The machine does get gummed up a bit with resin after the leaves are pulled through the machine for sure. I scrape that and give it to my helper. He loves it but at most its an oz off 5-6 units.

What were your prior oil yields from hand trim?

T

Tylrr420

This was an average run with hand trim. This batch came from a 7 lb crop. I don't know how much the trimmins weighed prior to this run but I can tell u the crop was 7 units and I ran 3 cans of butane thro each packed tube with a total of 48 cans of butane. The last run I did with the twister was with a 8 lb crop and like I said only returned me with 1.5 os. Deff something going on here man. Total fuckin bummer

C

crocodile og

Yeah that sucks. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Real nice wax BTW. :)

The only thing i can think of is that the machine doesn't get down as far into the sugar leaves as scissors. More just clips the tips.

oxanaca

oxanaca

Did you pull the big leaves? I always run with the big leaves and when i open the bag it looks like the stuff that gets caught at the bottom of the lawnmower.

Theres another dry trimmer out called the triminator dry. Wonder how it compares to the trimpal. I perfer the looks of the triminator better than the trimpal
Just an update for everyone on my t4 twister trimmings.... The rumors of the trimmings not being very useful are true. I'm Sooo disapointed, so disapointed in fact I'm prolly gonna sell my twister and get a trim pal. I ran about 4 cases worth of butane last weekend through about idk maybe 1.5 #s maybe 2# of trimmings. I got a lousy 1.5 os (usually it's like 1 o per case.) I figured I would try to run the same trimmings thro again and run tighter packs in the blast tube. This time I ran three cases thro the exact same trimmings and came up with almost nothing. (Which tells me the first pull of 1.5 os actually grabbed all the thc) I'm not sure exactly how much trimmings I ran thro but my return is usually a hell of a lot more than this. Can anyone give a logical explanation of why twister trimmings are so useless? Is this everyone else's result? TOTAL BUMMER

T

Tylrr420

Did you pull the big leaves? I always run with the big leaves and when i open the bag it looks like the stuff that gets caught at the bottom of the lawnmower.

Theres another dry trimmer out called the triminator dry. Wonder how it compares to the trimpal. I perfer the looks of the triminator better than the trimpal

Have you tried running bho @oxanaca ? What were your results?

CanniGrow

CanniGrow

EZ Wander Trimmer Review

After a fast outdoor harvest using the EZ Satellite Trimmer, I decided to try the EZ Wande
r Trimmer on my precious indoor colas. I am posting this review after renting, buying, and standing by my new EZ Wander Trimmer.

Caution watch fingers and clothes carelessness may result in injury. The vacuum is meant to pull sugar leaves into the blade, so keep everything else away. Watch out for stems coming into contact with the blade, this will result in a dangerous whipping/ jerking motion. Properly securing the wand and vacuum hose together with the supplied straps will protect against this. (You may want to watch the supplied DVD). Like all machinery use caution, and don’t smoke too much!

EZ 10 minute set-up had us trimming in no time! Simply piece together the wand, attach, and secure hoses, plug in motor, vacuum, speed controller, and you’re ready to trim. Once the vacuum is pulling and blade spinning, trim in a motion similar to that of peeling a potato. The Wander easily glades over the bud and next thing you know you’re on to the next branch. Remove trim from bucket every ½ hour; lay it on a drying screen.

Now there are 2 ways of maintaining the machine that should be done during operation. This first method of maintenance involves tapping the Wander Trimmer on a sponge saturated with water. This keeps the buildup inside the wand moist and reduces drag on the blade.

The second method of maintenance involves using a cheap crockpot. With the vacuum off submerge and run wand in crock pot filled of hot water for 30 seconds every hour. Ensure water is properly drained from wand before turning on the vacuum, so that water does not go down hose into your trim bucket. I suggest this method for anyone looking to blast wax out of the trim.

Cleanup is a breeze after use clean of all the resin on the blade using the crook pot method. Empty the contents of the hose and bucket into your drying rack. Next fill an empty bucket with soap water and vacuum it through the wander. Rinses the soap out and repeat this process with water to keep this machine clean and ready for next crop.

With the EZ Wander Trimmer I now average 2-3 lbs. wet trim weight per hour. I have cut harvest time from one week to one day using a six man team! The initial cost of the machine is well worth it when you are saving 70% on labor. It allows me to efficiently take down my flower room in one day and have it filled and ready to go the next.

The EZ Wander Trimmer gives me a close hand trimmed appearance. EZ Trim vs. Hand Trimmed came out looking the same, but I noticed hand trimmed had the cut trim still stuck to it. EZ Trims vacuums up all the trimmed left behind. It made me question if it was sucking up more than just the leaf, so I took this zoomed in trichrome picture of Chew Dawg trimmed with the EZ Wander. As you can see the trichrome heads were still intact. I recommend this product to all growers wanting to save priceless time while maintaining quality.

Check out www.cannigrow.com/product-review for pictures and video.
Check out www.eztrimming.com and let them CanniGrow reviewed them!

T

Tylrr420

I never understood the advantages of the wand trimmer. You went back and forth over the same spots more than a couple times. If I trimmed that by hand with scissors I could have got it done a lot faster just because I wouldn't have to go over the same spots multiple times. No offense but the wand trimmer seems useless

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Unless you want the 'feel' of a hand trim without the pain. It's a unit I looked at, but you've got to touch each bud over and over again, I need time-saving methods.

CanniGrow

CanniGrow

Sure you may miss some sugar leaves on the first pass, but who of us don't do that already with the friskers? The fact is we have cut our harvest time 70%. We went from 2 weeks of long gruling tendinitis causing days down to 2 days an the trimmers still leave after an 8 hour day. In there product video they conduct a 30 minute Hand vs. Wander challenge. You decide what's better I have already. I wouldn't push something I wouldn't use.

S

SHIRDABZALOT

1500 bux!!? Hell to the fuck no, I will go grab my Dremel and rig up a guitar string before I dropped that kinda loot! That just plain taking advantage of stoners to the max man.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
1500 bucks for that wand trimmer thing? no thanks...respectfully.
Haha I know someone who has one, the biggest problem is it only does well with mid grade buds. You can whip through some shit with that wand. But when it comes come to the sticky icky strains the piece of shit will just constantly jam up. Also it uses water and vegetable oil to keep it spinning trashing the trimin my opinion. Also loud as fuck!

K

kolah

I may try a dremel tool with a home-made vacuum catch attachment this year. It may take some experimentation to get the best cutting tip.

My only concern with TrimPal is having to have the buds so dry..and IMO over dried.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
How wet do you like them? I found that 60%-65%, my curing RH, was a nice sweet spot in terms of results with the TrimPal.

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

At the end of the day there is nothing like hanging wet and HAND trimming dry. Unfortunately, this is not a option for me and a lot of other ppl. I currently use the centurion pro it is loud as fuck but works ok. I also do not have the time to pluck fan leaves so I usually leave them on and run through the machine. I do not have time for extracts so the trim is basically garbage.

Top Bottom