I think ive actually made it to my first feed? WOW.

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Why? Best to water consistently with runoff each time in my opinion. Especially when fertilizing. The dry cycle is very important.
Well MMG, it was something I had heard Franco and Arjan talking about in how they grow and getting really explosive growth from the plant. I was like thats BS at first then I started experimenting with it, and have seen it myself. I can not explain it nor do I have scientific data to back it up, just what I see.

"Best to water consistently with runoff each time in my opinion. Especially when fertilizing."
Not gonna disagree with this statement. To each their own. You have a system that works consistently, I have tried what you are saying and it did not work for me. Most times I over watered and drowned them.

"The dry cycle is very important."
This is why I water like I do. We are saying the same thing, "water consistently" but doing it different ways. I do what I call a heavy water, then consistent light waters. In my dream grow, I would be automated and watering a couple times a day with sprayers.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Hey Cozmo, you said you have another tent, why not flower all these girls out now. You have seeds as well right? So set up your other tent and get the older ladies in flower to get some smoke that way you can start your next batch in veg as well. It is going to take at least 8-9 weeks to get some smoke, might as well practice your flowering tech with what ya have and get new ones ready to be flowered when what you have now is done.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Hey Cozmo, you said you have another tent, why not flower all these girls out now. You have seeds as well right? So set up your other tent and get the older ladies in flower to get some smoke that way you can start your next batch in veg as well. It is going to take at least 8-9 weeks to get some smoke, might as well practice your flowering tech with what ya have and get new ones ready to be flowered when what you have now is done.
+ 1
Stop messing around.......

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I would put up another 4x4 tent and turn this 2x4 into a current flower tent if i was to put up one of my other(Assuming i need more space for veg, goal is 3 veg, 2-3 in flower perpetually at some point, i figured i could use the current 2x4 to flower out 2 of them while vegging out 2-3)

But really i just wanted to hit a goal of a full size plant and grow a 4foot or so plant. My first grow, my tallest plant was like 3 feet at the end of flower, and it was a nice plant but it was not up to potential it could be. So really my goal of growing these 6, was to atleast get 1 to grow to be a nice full size plant like you should have.

So right now to me, im not going to hit that goal with my biggest plant. And i would really like my plants to be healthy going into flower. I understand like starting new ones now would start that perpetual cycle, i was just going to wait until day 1 of 12/12 on these current plants, and then i was going to put up the 4x4, and get 2-3 new plants in there.
my idea was to flip to flower after i get these girls healthy, atleast my big one. And grow out the smaller ones in my tent a bit more.

Idk, im stoned, hopefully thats not confusing as shit.
Really, TL;dr - I just want my big one to be healthy before flipping.
- i want my smaller ones a littttttleee bit bigger before flipping.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Your next run will get bigger due to not having watering issues. Flip flip flip.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
This is a second bigger plant i have going.
IMG 20200102 104402 8

Just started LST. Thats why she looks weird
IMG 20200102 104433 1

This is the original big girl.
IMG 20200102 104553 6

I guess i could flip them, it just seems worthless to me, i feel like i wont get any yield off them because of the issues. i mean, what yield have i gotten yet?
none. So i guess it doesnt matter lmaooo.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
And i guess something is better than just starting over haha.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well MMG, it was something I had heard Franco and Arjan talking about in how they grow and getting really explosive growth from the plant. I was like thats BS at first then I started experimenting with it, and have seen it myself. I can not explain it nor do I have scientific data to back it up, just what I see.

"Best to water consistently with runoff each time in my opinion. Especially when fertilizing."
Not gonna disagree with this statement. To each their own. You have a system that works consistently, I have tried what you are saying and it did not work for me. Most times I over watered and drowned them.

"The dry cycle is very important."
This is why I water like I do. We are saying the same thing, "water consistently" but doing it different ways. I do what I call a heavy water, then consistent light waters. In my dream grow, I would be automated and watering a couple times a day with sprayers.

Huh. I watched some of their how to grow strain vids with the hydro vs soil and dont remember them saying what you did. They did like a big flush and dry out during flower. Got a link by chance?

bunkerking

bunkerking

Huh. I watched some of their how to grow strain vids with the hydro vs soil and dont remember them saying what you did. They did like a big flush and dry out during flower. Got a link by chance?

its in their strain reviews, where they go over the results of the plant.

They talk about letting them go super long to get as much oxygen to the roots as possible.
That always confused me as well - how they get away with extreme lengths of no watering.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

its in their strain reviews, where they go over the results of the plant.

They talk about letting them go super long to get as much oxygen to the roots as possible.
That always confused me as well - how they get away with extreme lengths of no watering.

They have full grow vids on their site for most plants. Thats what i watched. But nothing terribly out of the ordinary is going on. They flood huge pots and let them dry out real good. I let my plants dry that much every time and i beat francos organic but fertilized in flower grows for yield in a smaller pot but similar style consistently. They show the yields at the end of the vids.

I was taught to push the dry time by the breeder at CH9. He is another long in the industry breeder.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Thats exactly the one I saw, I can not remember what strain it was but it was like side by side hydro and soil. They did heavy water (flush) weeks 2-4-6 of flower. I assumed they were using bottled nutrients, and were basically resetting the soil every 2 weeks getting fresh food in and any salt or acidity out. It was not a real detailed explanation by them.
I adapted the principal to top dressing, and used in veg (to get the roots searching and growing) and flower (same principal) since I am not feeding, just watering, I wanted my plants a little dryer before the heavy water (what they called flush) so that the plant would wick up the runoff, saving the nutrients that were washing through. Its organic top dress so I do not have to worry about salt build up or issues with the runoff. Mainly getting the nutrients to the roots. I do not want heavy run off or flushing with top dress unless I am trying to correct any over feeding issues or toxicity (like you saw in my other thread).

If I were running bottled nutes and coco then I would do it differently since the watering IS the feeding and the medium has different needs.

My main thoughts behind this was to get this young man a good feel and understanding of how quickly his plants are using what he is giving them in soil that has built in feed for 30 days out the bag.. As I said before I started in on how I water, there are different ways to do things, this is what works for me. Not being a smart ass and I am not offended, not trying to be offensive either. You know I got mad respect for ya!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thats exactly the one I saw, I can not remember what strain it was but it was like side by side hydro and soil. They did heavy water (flush) weeks 2-4-6 of flower. I assumed they were using bottled nutrients, and were basically resetting the soil every 2 weeks getting fresh food in and any salt or acidity out. It was not a real detailed explanation by them.
I adapted the principal to top dressing, and used in veg (to get the roots searching and growing) and flower (same principal) since I am not feeding, just watering, I wanted my plants a little dryer before the heavy water (what they called flush) so that the plant would wick up the runoff, saving the nutrients that were washing through. Its organic top dress so I do not have to worry about salt build up or issues with the runoff. Mainly getting the nutrients to the roots. I do not want heavy run off or flushing with top dress unless I am trying to correct any over feeding issues or toxicity (like you saw in my other thread).

If I were running bottled nutes and coco then I would do it differently since the watering IS the feeding and the medium has different needs.

My main thoughts behind this was to get this young man a good feel and understanding of how quickly his plants are using what he is giving them in soil that has built in feed for 30 days out the bag.. As I said before I started in on how I water, there are different ways to do things, this is what works for me. Not being a smart ass and I am not offended, not trying to be offensive either. You know I got mad respect for ya!

2 different grows going on in their strain vids. The bigger plant arjyn grows is a constant feed hudro res style grow with their salt based powder nutes. He way overfeeds for yield. So he flushes out the excess like that. Nothing special. Fox farm has to do it right in their instructions.

Franco does a hybrid organic grow. I do very much the same. He waters only through veg and then feeds nutes on flower when the soil is depleted of nutrients.

But with some practice i easily doubled the yields he shows.

When i started i used greenhouse seeds and followed these vids.

And i love these conversations. Dont know why so many fights start up. Your info is excellent. Its awesome how we all do things differently.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

2 different grows going on in their strain vids. The bigger plant arjyn grows is a constant feed hudro res style grow with their salt based powder nutes. He way overfeeds for yield. So he flushes out the excess like that. Nothing special. Fox farm has to do it right in their instructions.

Franco does a hybrid organic grow. I do very much the same. He waters only through veg and then feeds nutes on flower when the soil is depleted of nutrients.

But with some practice i easily doubled the yields he shows.

When i started i used greenhouse seeds and followed these vids.

And i love these conversations. Dont know why so many fights start up. Your info is excellent. Its awesome how we all do things differently.
Thanks and ditto! I would like to be able to continue watching Franco, he was the man, seemed really down to earth, his knowledge and passion were undeniable. Like he kept Arjyn grounded. He is sorely missed by me and I did not know him, I can only imagine how it is for those he called friends.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Its that time of night again. Here we are again, January 2nd-3rd. Big girl got a watering tonight. I didnt push her till that 5th day where she starts to wilt. I think i caught some of the bottom leaves wilting, so i attempted a water. Hopefully its not to early. Its been about 4 days. She was really dry, when i put my moisture meter in, it was rock hard, didnt move the meter at all. I touched the soil. super dry, even a few inches down. The pot itself, was light as hell. and it was compact all the way through the pot, i could tell by pushing on the sides, it didnt really move. I can feel air pockets in the side of the pots too. This is a fabric pot we are talking about.

Shes looking a little rough.
IMG 20200102 104553 6 1

I know its kind of hard to see, but i watered these girls last night, and they are doing PERFECT.
IMG 20200103 012250 9

Garden is doing okay, everyone is happy right now,until i water again lol. I got to say, i am enjoying the plastic pots with roots organics soil, i can see the difference between its wet time and dry time. roots organics seems to be a super looooose soil, which is what i need i believe. So far so good. These two plants, are in FFOF. They were the last that got planted into FFOF, i have 3 transplants in Root Organics. Those last two plants are my healthiest, and i plan to try and get these two, to my goal of 4 feet. The rest, i am planning to flower out right away.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

i reckon you would get results, flipping....also, you go through the stock, and get new material in your grow tent. you've sorted out a few things, including preferred pots & soil mix. get a harvest!!!!

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Its that time of night again. Here we are again, January 2nd-3rd. Big girl got a watering tonight. I didnt push her till that 5th day where she starts to wilt. I think i caught some of the bottom leaves wilting, so i attempted a water. Hopefully its not to early. Its been about 4 days. She was really dry, when i put my moisture meter in, it was rock hard, didnt move the meter at all. I touched the soil. super dry, even a few inches down. The pot itself, was light as hell. and it was compact all the way through the pot, i could tell by pushing on the sides, it didnt really move. I can feel air pockets in the side of the pots too. This is a fabric pot we are talking about.

Shes looking a little rough.
View attachment 926786

I know its kind of hard to see, but i watered these girls last night, and they are doing PERFECT.
View attachment 926787

Garden is doing okay, everyone is happy right now,until i water again lol. I got to say, i am enjoying the plastic pots with roots organics soil, i can see the difference between its wet time and dry time. roots organics seems to be a super looooose soil, which is what i need i believe. So far so good. These two plants, are in FFOF. They were the last that got planted into FFOF, i have 3 transplants in Root Organics. Those last two plants are my healthiest, and i plan to try and get these two, to my goal of 4 feet. The rest, i am planning to flower out right away.

Hey Cozmo. great news! Glad things are turning around for you. I am glad you can feel the difference now in all your plants feeling heavy and dry. I bet you could probably bump up watering big girl with 1/2 gallon every other day. One other thing you can try and I know its going to sound crazy is squeeze that fabric pot big girl is in. Not really hard, just till you feel the soil give, then turn it 1/4 turn and do it again, till you go all the way around the pot. Then build up a mound around the outside edges of the pot using new soil, so it makes a bowl. Do that then slow pour a whole gallon of water, with your nutrients, into her right where main trunk goes into the soil.
I have to do this frequently with plants I leave in Solo cups too long that get root bound or the soil is really compacted, ones that I flower as testers. You do not want to squeeze hard, just hard enough to feel the soil give a little.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
hey hidden, i got you! ive been watching her closely and i think im on a good routine. So when THCfarmer went down for the little bit it did, i was really bored so i figured i would just do some maitenance on the tent, keep it clean etc. and i looked in the back corner and damn.....I guess its time i introduce the unknown autoflower i have been very quietly keeping under the radar. I am going to bring her up finally well, because shes fucking growing like crazy, and i wasnt expecting it.

I started this Northern Lights Auto Flower, .... Eh... I dont even know, According to my earliest records, on October 30th, i found this picture of her, before she even broke soil.

November 16th.

She is right there in the middle with the plant marker.

So there is a good indication of when i started her, about/around november 1st.
Its January 5th and shes looking like this, and well, i havent really payed attention to her for the past couple months, because i have been so focused on my other plants, and trying to correct my watering issues. I even overwatered her alot, and i didnt think she was going to make it as far as she has, so i really just did nothing for her, i have not fed her anything except ph balanced water. And shes survived my beating.

Even the dog didnt realize how much of a beast she was becoming

So heres my issue...
IMG 20200105 193354 0

IMG 20200105 193404 8

IMG 20200105 035851 3 1

I have neglected her so much, because i didnt even think she would make it this far, she is now flowering, and powering like hell, and i feel like she may have a Nitrogen Deficiancy. i could be wrong, but her leaves are dying from the oldest, from the bottom up. I feel as if shes probably getting close to being done, but i mean obviously not to close.

What can i do, to make her the best she can be thru out the rest of her life? Can i give her nutes? Or would i not have enough time to flush them out?

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Big Girl is also getting cranky again, this dumb B**** Lmaoooo, she wont just get healthy for me. Can anyone tell me whats maybe going on, is she hungry?
IMG 20200105 193328 3

IMG 20200105 193334 7
IMG 20200105 193340 1

bunkerking

bunkerking

Soil slurry test - needz. I bet your ph is way out of wack. 2oz water. 2oz soil. Mix and test with a meter. Can't use the drops.

Top Bottom