I think ive actually made it to my first feed? WOW.

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Oh yeah, when she recovers put her in flower, she getting big!
Im ready! Trust me that was the plan! I just know i need to get her healthy first lol. and i feel like shes almost there! Shes about knee high, so not too tall, but she is bushy and apparently this blue cheese strain (Apparently she was a blue cheese, but she didnt look like the other blue cheeses) can triple in size in flower, so i gotta becareful of space. ill be throwing up the other 4x4 tent if i have too. currently in a 2x4.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Get her opened up so you get a lot of air flow and light into the plant. If you do it sooner instead of later she will not have to recover during the light flip.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
You should probably start training her. Start tying branches the the sides of your pot, You can use safety pins to hold to the sides through the fabric
She is getting bushy and she has alotttt of foliage, my last plants you could see right through, this one is a bush, u cant see through it. Ill try and do some tying today i got some brand new wire to use too.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Bro ya plant is looking good. Wait and see by end of this week she will be ready to flower and you will have a good water schedule.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Bro ya plant is looking good. Wait and see by end of this week she will be ready to flower and you will have a good water schedule.
I already see the water schedule coming into place. Before this thread, i never really had a schedule, and i know u DONT Schedule your waterings, but i can see a watering TREND rather settling into effect . I felt comfortable today watering the girls i did, and they all turned out nicely. I watered another one that i didnt post, and she turned out perfectly. SO im getting this.. i think. LOL.

Actually, heres the one i didnt post. a before shot.
She looks great now!
IMG 20191230 072429 3

PS: I catch these plants wilting within the first couple hours. They look like they have been wilting for days, but i do have CAMERAS inside my tent,. ive always got an eye on these bitches. So they dont wilt for long. Unless i get lazy lol. but as soon as i see wilt, WATER.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

I used to do all that defoliation stuff. I get it, I understand the concept of it. I also understand their are complex materials stored in all those fans that get used during the flower cycle. I usually only do small lower branches now that will never see light. I like to smoke all those small buds the pro's turn to oil while I let the big tops dry and start to cure.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I used to do all that defoliation stuff. I get it, I understand the concept of it. I also understand their are complex materials stored in all those fans that get used during the flower cycle. I usually only do small lower branches now that will never see light. I like to smoke all those small buds the pro's turn to oil while I let the big tops dry and start to cure.
Word, my first grow i did do a heavy leaf strip right before flower. First grow though, i didnt really know what i was doing. This time around as u can tell ive kept everything and i plant to keep alot, i might pluck off some big leafs that are covering major bud sites. but ill do that early flower, or right before i go into flower.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

The object is to catch them before they start to wilt. That is stress that slows growth. You want to catch them before that. Also when you let them get that dry you kill off all the beneficial bacteria and microbes the plant needs to convert the nutes to food it uses.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
The object is to catch them before they start to wilt. That is stress that slows growth. You want to catch them before that. Also when you let them get that dry you kill off all the beneficial bacteria and microbes the plant needs to convert the nutes to food it uses.
Got you, so it was 6 days this time. Today is the 30th, so on january 3rd, im going to start checking pot weight. That gives it about 4 into 5 days to dry. i didnt see wilt on this plant till this morning, so it did it overnight well i slept going into the 6th day. See. im not fucking around, gunna get this. :D

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

You should lift it now, while it is fully watered so you know what it feels like. Then when you check it again you have a point of reference. My guess, you could probably water it again on the 3rd with 2 water bottle full (2 pints).

Moshmen

Moshmen

Alright, so its about eh 6 days later. I watered this girl last on christmas eve, the 24th. its the morning of the 30th. i just gave her water. The pot was light, and she was WILTING. Heres the specs:

3 gallon pot
Last watered 6 days ago on the 24th of december. The last WATERING BEFORE That was ROUGHLY, eh... the 15-16th of december, it was overwatered and i had to let her dry. Hence why the dry time was cut down. In my opinion.

What i did:
i took 1 GALLON of water,i mixed 1/8th of the recommended nute dosage for floranova grow. i watered her with roughly 3/4ths of a gallon. with about a QUARTER gallon at a time. i waited about 10 minutes in between each pour, as i went rearranged the tent, i checked for bugs, got rid of the stupid sticky traps ull see in the pics, im bug free for right now. i just did some side things. Im even typing this post as i wait for the second plants water to seep in.

BEFORE THE WATERING:
View attachment 925535
very dry, and wilting!
View attachment 925536
View attachment 925537
What i used to water^^^^^^^
View attachment 925539
What i had left!^^^^
View attachment 925540
RUNOFF, YES I KNOW, NOT VERY MUCH!! (The bucket is TILTED!) (5 gallon bucket)View attachment 925541
After the watering: I may have to add a little more now that i look at the pictures i took, i see some dry spotting.
OPinions?
Yes make sure she is all wet, if you have dry spots. And ur on the right path just keep leArnin from your experiences ! I knew you wouldn’t throw in the towel! Lol lookin good

Moshmen

Moshmen

Got you, so it was 6 days this time. Today is the 30th, so on january 3rd, im going to start checking pot weight. That gives it about 4 into 5 days to dry. i didnt see wilt on this plant till this morning, so it did it overnight well i slept going into the 6th day. See. im not fucking around, gunna get this. :D

As that plant grows the length of time inbetween watering should decrease. So keep cking

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Yes make sure she is all wet, if you have dry spots. And ur on the right path just keep leArnin from your experiences ! I knew you wouldn’t throw in the towel! Lol lookin good
Trust me...... I thought i was going to myself there for a second, and im not one to do that, after awhile ill lose motivation and end up giving up, but it takes the world being destroyed for that to happen. I definitely give kudos to you guys, growing weed isnt an easy thing, atleast not at first. And for me, its more than just weed not growing, its an investment that wasnt going correct. Now, were getting somewhere. :D

Not going to lie, were looking a little rough right now going into the night cycle. This plant does curl up when i water her anyways,i believe this is just from the prior damage done to her, so we will see how she looks when the light turns on.
IMG 20191230 081726 2

IMG 20191230 134453 7
IMG 20191230 134504 6

BTW, Thats an IR light that broadcasts from the cameras to view in the dark. Do you think this is effecting my plants growth?

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Trust me...... I thought i was going to myself there for a second, and im not one to do that, after awhile ill lose motivation and end up giving up, but it takes the world being destroyed for that to happen. I definitely give kudos to you guys, growing weed isnt an easy thing, atleast not at first. And for me, its more than just weed not growing, its an investment that wasnt going correct. Now, were getting somewhere. :D

Not going to lie, were looking a little rough right now going into the night cycle. This plant does curl up when i water her anyways,i believe this is just from the prior damage done to her, so we will see how she looks when the light turns on. View attachment 925637
View attachment 925638View attachment 925639

BTW, Thats an IR light that broadcasts from the cameras to view in the dark. Do you think this is effecting my plants growth?

I dont know for sure but i wouldnt do that. Could stress them into reversal.

If someone knows for sure please comment.

bunkerking

bunkerking

its just another part of the light spectrum. Its for sure taking in that IR light.

the reason people use green is because they dont absorb that part of the spectrum.

they only get IR when the suns up.

so yah. it very well could, wouldnt risk it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

its just another part of the light spectrum. Its for sure taking in that IR light.

the reason people use green is because they dont absorb that part of the spectrum.

they only get IR when the suns up.

so yah. it very well could, wouldnt risk it.

Thanks. Thats what i thought.

But green light has been proven to be used by plants. I have a green 15 watt cfl to see during lights out but it is not directly over the plants. I knew a grower who bought a 60 watt led green bulb. He hung it right over the plants. The plants under it did not flower. And one got very stressed and reversed.

I highly recommend low wattage and indirect position with the green light.

My titan controller is across the room with a dim green display. Also never affected the plants.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Thanks. Thats what i thought.

But green light has been proven to be used by plants. I have a green 15 watt cfl to see during lights out but it is not directly over the plants. I knew a grower who bought a 60 watt led green bulb. He hung it right over the plants. The plants under it did not flower. And one got very stressed and reversed.

I highly recommend low wattage and indirect position with the green light.

My titan controller is across the room with a dim green display. Also never affected the plants.

makes sense. There has to be hues of green that still get taken in. Just not that one that we are seeing. and im sure some of that still gets taken in.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Thanks for the input guys! i turned off the camerass for right now, they were initially installed to view temperatures at night. But im typically not home during the night cycle so i dont really need em anywys.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Thanks for the input guys! i turned off the camerass for right now, they were initially installed to view temperatures at night. But im typically not home during the night cycle so i dont really need em anywys.

Digital Thermometer & Hygrometer are like 7 bucks. Min/max temps. All you really need. If you get one with a probe. you can monitor the inside tent/outside temp difference.

Top Bottom