I think ive actually made it to my first feed? WOW.

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ahhh yes yes, I did forget to add perlite, I forgot about that! You're right mimed. Thanks for the reminder. So heres a question, since I'm switching to root organics, do u guys think that's set on perlite. Or should I add more to that too? It seems pretty loose and airy I don't think I'd need it?

Sorry never used it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have said this around here many times but i still think pro mix hp and a one part complete balanced nute is the best way to learn to water and fertilize plants.

Amended organic style soils like ocean forest are somewhat more difficult to use and maintain.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Why leaves so big?.....

Stop being a serial killer and let them girls live!!! :)

I would water regularly and increase light.and definitely lollypop.
Add to that a Jamaican breeze @ temps between 75-85 degrees

bunkerking

bunkerking

I have said this around here many times but i still think pro mix hp and a one part complete balanced nute is the best way to learn to water and fertilize plants.

Amended organic style soils like ocean forest are somewhat more difficult to use and maintain.

Yep.

and when you get annoyed with that. Coco lol.
Though i would push people towards soil.
I know they dont want the daily work that comes with it.
But its so forgiving and easy to fix.

I almost think its best to have them not use nutes till flower.
So they dont get into this mindset of wanting to feed to grow it bigger.
and way harder to screw up.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
So a couple things, reading the replies..

1. Okay @bunkerking , i saw your hanna tut, and il do that next time, so i get a better reading. I appreciate it man!
2. @707finisher , seeing that plant, it looks alot like mine in the veg stage, it looks a little droopy, not its full potential you know, so its motivating seeing yours flower that well. i can still get there with what i have. i just need to keep working at it. its just beyond frustrating right now lol.

I am going to do a 25% perlite/roots organics mix when i transplant these seedlings into 1 gallons.
3. I havent used Promix HP because of the fungus gnat issue ive heard it has. I really dont want bugs right now, because of all the other issues im having. That will just stress me out more. I do have a big bag of promix in the closet though. @MIMedGrower I know youve said youve ran your perpetual grow for awhile, and youve never had any fungus gnat issue with promix? if thats what you use.
4. I dont mind doing daily work, i am a huge computer nerd-introvert whose trying to grow weed. I like gaming, i like computer programming and i like smoking and growing/trying to grow weed. My tent is sitting right behind me as we speak. I dont mind daily work, and i have the time. With this being said, should i maybe make a switch to a promix/coco? I know, it might be a drastic switch but maybe this would help my overwatering? Im starting to get down when to water the plants, i got the 4-5 day cycles going, i think i am smart enough now to water coco mediums correctly, since its pretty hard to overwater i dont think i would with those. This is just an idea. Opinions?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So a couple things, reading the replies..

1. Okay @bunkerking , i saw your hanna tut, and il do that next time, so i get a better reading. I appreciate it man!
2. @707finisher , seeing that plant, it looks alot like mine in the veg stage, it looks a little droopy, not its full potential you know, so its motivating seeing yours flower that well. i can still get there with what i have. i just need to keep working at it. its just beyond frustrating right now lol.

I am going to do a 25% perlite/roots organics mix when i transplant these seedlings into 1 gallons.
3. I havent used Promix HP because of the fungus gnat issue ive heard it has. I really dont want bugs right now, because of all the other issues im having. That will just stress me out more. I do have a big bag of promix in the closet though. @MIMedGrower I know youve said youve ran your perpetual grow for awhile, and youve never had any fungus gnat issue with promix? if thats what you use.
4. I dont mind doing daily work, i am a huge computer nerd-introvert whose trying to grow weed. I like gaming, i like computer programming and i like smoking and growing/trying to grow weed. My tent is sitting right behind me as we speak. I dont mind daily work, and i have the time. With this being said, should i maybe make a switch to a promix/coco? I know, it might be a drastic switch but maybe this would help my overwatering? Im starting to get down when to water the plants, i got the 4-5 day cycles going, i think i am smart enough now to water coco mediums correctly, since its pretty hard to overwater i dont think i would with those. This is just an idea. Opinions?

Fungus gnats come from wet storage or overwatering. I have never had fungus gnats come from a bag of soil or promix until i bought some mothers earth groundswell from an out of business store. It had been stored hot and wet in summer.

But actually ammended soil would likely have more tendency for gnats because it holds more water and has organic material for them to feed on.

You should follow a grow book before listening to all these different ipinions online. You are going in circles.

The problem is almost never the soil, nutes, lights etc.

It is just about always our error or environmental.

I am going to stop contributing to the confusion.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Fungus gnats come from wet storage or overwatering. I have never had fungus gnats come from a bag of soil or promix until i bought some mothers earth groundswell from an out of business store. It had been stored hot and wet in summer.

But actually ammended soil would likely have more tendency for gnats because it holds more water and has organic material for them to feed on.

You should follow a grow book before listening to all these different ipinions online. You are going in circles.

The problem is almost never the soil, nutes, lights etc.

It is just about always our error or environmental.

I am going to stop contributing to the confusion.

100% ^

idk what to do here, feel like i do the same.

My world isnt soil anymore. Just want to see him get into flower.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
100% ^

idk what to do here, feel like i do the same.

My world isnt soil anymore. Just want to see him get into flower.
I didn't plant to go anywhere else. I grew my first harvest in Roots organics, so that's where I'm going back too. I was just discussing some ideas. If there was a better path.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Hey Cosmo, you should have just squeezed the pot your now deceased big girl was in so the soil would have cracked open and got it some water.. That's why I quit contributing to the thread, when I could see you didn't do that and was still griping, because that's all it really needed. Got nothing but well wishes for ya bro and all the positive energy I can send your way.

Keep in mind though, the best your plants looked was when you watered them hard, got the flu and couldn't mess with them for a couple days.

Just saying bro, glean what you will from it.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I squeeze my fabric pots every watering, its part of the ritual. Lol its not like i didnt listen to you. listening to alot of opinions here.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Thanks for trying. I do appreciate and try and read every opinion.

Last edited:
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
whats wrong with it???

go to bed and when you get up water it just a little... when you get home water it a little....
do whatever these guys are telling you with the rest....
that plant right there just try what I'm saying........

Okay bass, today is the 1/9, thursday night. I watered this plant the night of 1/7, tuesday at 11pm, so its been about 2 days, i am going to give her a little water now, but not alot, i wont even allow run off. She is pretty moist still..

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

okay. i'm talking thru my recent experience of hitting the same brick-wall. i learned some lessons, botanical and personal. botanically, i learned about potting/soil mix and its watering. but more importantly, personally, i learned that i was approaching the troubleshooting not effectively.

how you respond to 'adversity' has a lesson on that personal level.

be frustrated. that means you give a fuck about it. after all, you are spending your energies, including effort, time and money.

i used to have a 85 kg punching bag swinging on the back patio - take it out on the bag for 3 minutes. then all wobbly, punch-drunk, i would calm down. get rid of that raw frustration, as it's clouding your judgement.

this is where they all tell ya to take a deep breathe. control your breathing, to calm down. when you're calm, you will make better rational decisions.

i have been doing this shit, all my life....getting frustrated, blowing me top....doesn't help.

after all these posts, it's hard to keep up!!! go back to basics, when all else fails.

Last edited:
OdlaFett

OdlaFett

This thread seems to need a professional shrink and psychatrist not a weed grower :P
Naw but fo real man listen to these people who have years of expirience trying tyo guide you since they done and made the same mistaakes.
The less you do and mess with the plants the better. Dont throw them away when you can use them to expiriment and learn instead.

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Dont be embaressed or shit like that, I dont wanna see only threads with the frostiest buds and and healthiest plants, been there done that, I wanna see a noob totally fuck up and make his plants look like they have HIV or ebola so I then later can go into my own garden and feel good about myself, you see what im saying? hahaha no but fo real keep them sick mfers and lets see what becomes of them

edit: Which thread u think i rather follow: "My frostie 30% thc garden" or "My infested and sick ebola garden"
I click on the ebola garden all day son

Last edited:
basscaptain

basscaptain

I'll be back later CG
I know what your going though.. It's not funny or kool
I went though 200 beans trying to get them to pop...... you get to a point where it's like what the f..k
Give that 1 plant a solo cup of water a day...... if it's not running off it's not over water.... wheen you see a little run off wait 1 day 2 max and start again....

get it into a fad pot or whatever you went to use...new soil 2 weeks before flip

let that take you into flower then if needed a little food like 4 weeks in flower.....

I hope you the best.... I wish you wwerre close I would let you pop my beans,, and run your plants though veg with you 1 time ....

Bro you can GROW......... Hands Down you just need to find your grove......

and that''s not going to happen with 10 people telling you diff shit........... I'm sry but it just not.... You have bee en going down this road a LONG Time.....

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I've got a set path. I'm uh, I'm gonna roll solo and see what I can or can't do. Ill update later on. :) Appreciate all comments, opinions. I really do. thanks guys!
Dude I just read you having watering issues in another thread but I'll post this in here for you

Don't know if it's been said but I guarantee if you follow these directions you will overcome your watering issues very quickly

1) fill a pot the same size as your growing in with the same Medium you're growing in & leave it dry and sit it aside

2) when you think a plant is ready to be watered pick them both up and if they feel about the same weight then water

3) BUT if they're NOT the same weight, even by a small difference (some people actually weigh them) do not water at that point! Wait till they're the same weight!

This will quickly teach you a proper wet/dry watering cycle; hope this helps, if you have any other questions stop by the beach house in grow journals, good luck

Top Bottom