I think ive actually made it to my first feed? WOW.

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I'll be back later CG
I know what your going though.. It's not funny or kool
I went though 200 beans trying to get them to pop...... you get to a point where it's like what the f..k
Give that 1 plant a solo cup of water a day...... if it's not running off it's not over water.... wheen you see a little run off wait 1 day 2 max and start again....

get it into a fad pot or whatever you went to use...new soil 2 weeks before flip

let that take you into flower then if needed a little food like 4 weeks in flower.....

I hope you the best.... I wish you wwerre close I would let you pop my beans,, and run your plants though veg with you 1 time ....

Bro you can GROW......... Hands Down you just need to find your grove......

and that''s not going to happen with 10 people telling you diff shit........... I'm sry but it just not.... You have bee en going down this road a LONG Time.....

Thank you for understanding my frustrations. Trust me, i wish i had someone experienced who could literally just come into my grow and show me what they do. i have nobody except really you guys lol. i mean i cant even tell anyone i grow, well, i can but obviously we try to stay under the radar, so its just me, teaching myself, and its not working well. Im determined to get there, and i feel the same way about the groove. i feel like i am getting closer to hitting it though, i feel like i can get there. Appreciate the support basscaptain! I am about to do the watering now, have been lazy tonight.

Dude I just read you having watering issues in another thread but I'll post this in here for you

Don't know if it's been said but I guarantee if you follow these directions you will overcome your watering issues very quickly

1) fill a pot the same size as your growing in with the same Medium you're growing in & leave it dry and sit it aside

2) when you think a plant is ready to be watered pick them both up and if they feel about the same weight then water

3) BUT if they're NOT the same weight, even by a small difference (some people actually weigh them) do not water at that point! Wait till they're the same weight!

This will quickly teach you a proper wet/dry watering cycle; hope this helps, if you have any other questions stop by the beach house in grow journals, good luck

So i did this before, but i only did it for one watering. like i did it to compare one other plant to it, and then dumped the soil back in the bag after comparing plants, and thats it. I guess i need to take this more seriously. Tomorrow when i wake up, i am going to fill 1 and 2 gallon pots with the soil i am using and i am just going to keep it out on my table as a pot to compare too. i wont ever put the soil back. it will be like a permanent pot that i just use to compare weights too,EVERYTIME i go to water. this might help me. Fuck i might even scale weigh mine at this point. I appreciate the comment beachwalker, i do lurk your post on the outside, so dont think im not tagging along haha. >:D

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So a couple things, reading the replies..

1. Okay @bunkerking , i saw your hanna tut, and il do that next time, so i get a better reading. I appreciate it man!
2. @707finisher , seeing that plant, it looks alot like mine in the veg stage, it looks a little droopy, not its full potential you know, so its motivating seeing yours flower that well. i can still get there with what i have. i just need to keep working at it. its just beyond frustrating right now lol.

I am going to do a 25% perlite/roots organics mix when i transplant these seedlings into 1 gallons.
3. I havent used Promix HP because of the fungus gnat issue ive heard it has. I really dont want bugs right now, because of all the other issues im having. That will just stress me out more. I do have a big bag of promix in the closet though. @MIMedGrower I know youve said youve ran your perpetual grow for awhile, and youve never had any fungus gnat issue with promix? if thats what you use.
4. I dont mind doing daily work, i am a huge computer nerd-introvert whose trying to grow weed. I like gaming, i like computer programming and i like smoking and growing/trying to grow weed. My tent is sitting right behind me as we speak. I dont mind daily work, and i have the time. With this being said, should i maybe make a switch to a promix/coco? I know, it might be a drastic switch but maybe this would help my overwatering? Im starting to get down when to water the plants, i got the 4-5 day cycles going, i think i am smart enough now to water coco mediums correctly, since its pretty hard to overwater i dont think i would with those. This is just an idea. Opinions?
Also a proper wet/dry watering cycle will minimize fungus gnats; there are other things that can be done to control and or eliminate them as well, if you're interested stop by the beach house cuz I've recently addressed fungus gnats on my thread.

Also you're correct, add 25 - 30% perlite to all soil and I add it to my promix too but I used the cheap stuff from Home Depot which has almost none in it, however I'm told the HP & BX has adequate amounts, my point is shoot for 25 - 30% perlite in all blends for proper aeration and drainage, hope this helps

basscaptain

basscaptain

Cg
Things changed on the color... you see my pot has moisture..they will get watered today

See the new growth

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
i am a happy guy tonight, and i would just like to post an update. :) keeping a diary on my posts helps me keeps track of things.
This plant was about an inch from the sensor before lights out, and after the light turned on, she was touching it. thats ALOTTTT of growth for me!
I think i have found a path for me, i dont know for yet, but, i think i am getting closer guys.
I appreciate every opinion and piece of knowledge everyone on here has brought to me for sure. You guys have stuck with me for months, and i have even frustrated some with my inability to get shit rolling, trust me, im frustrated too LOL.
IMG 20200111 192401 5

PSST: check out the plant behind this one, SHES LOOKIN GOOD TOO :D

IMG 20200111 191546 0

IMG 20200111 192359 5 1

Ive got the seedlings started, and the smaller plants are due for water roughly tomorrow, i will update again then. :)
i really hope ive found my road home, im tired of being lost in the waters man.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
This phones camera blows, it was advertised as a "above average" camera when i bought this phone, and its proving wrong. Either way. I know this isnt a grow diary, but i just wanted to post a quick update, like i said above it kind of helps me keep track of things, i can just pop back on here and look at dates and what not. But i also wanted to post because well, this is the furthest i have gotten in awhile. I think i finally got it. I could be wrong. I say i get it, and then bam i go and fuck up again, so im sure ill be back to struggles at some point. But, for me, this is looking good. Just need to keep things rolling from here, i got my watering method down that ive been doing that so far... so far.. has been keeping these girls happy.
The autoflower, it is what it is, shes been Nute-less the whole grow and i dont think i have time to really pump nutes into her.
I figured i would have killed her by now.

3 NEW SEEDLINGS inside the tent
3 NEW SEEDS GERMINATED
Im about to have some space issues now. Lmao. I just germinate extra because of how much i kill. But now things are rolling i think im going to either have to chuck some so i dont get OVER my head and become to much for such an inexperienced person, or im going to have to suck it and try my best and make some space. I dont know.

You can see the one small girl upfront is a little droopy, im still trying to get her to recover from the time i overwatered her, i see success in her though, i think well be okay.

IMG 20200112 212055 3
IMG 20200112 212049 6 1

This was the unspoken autoflower i threw in with these girls... little bit of background:

FFOF
3 Gallon Pot
Northern Lights Autoflower
Completely Nutrient Free (I know, a fuck up)
No transplants. Just Phed water.
IMG 20200112 122052 0

You can tell shes definitely not what she could have been. I wish i focused on her a little bit more, but hell i didnt think id get this far with her, i severely overwatered her in the beginning.

I think if i can get these plants to flower, and have a successful harvest, i will start a grow diary for my next grow, assuming id be successful. For right now im just going to kind of keep updating in my recent help threads instead of creating new posts and jamming up the forums with all my shit.

Question, I know it goes by strain, and to be honest, i have no clue what strains im even growing right now, i just got a bunch of seeds online,and germinated them, they are GOOD genetics from 00 genetics i think theyre called, so theyre not just bag seeds i just dont know strain. But my question is, what do you guys experience for an AVERAGE STRETCH, going into flower? Does your plant normally double? triple? maybe only grow a third of its size more? Just what do you guys average, ill take that average into consideration when throwing these girls into flower. I know what you guys say may be off because of strain etc, but ill atleast have an idea of what space ill need going into flower.

i have a bunch of options ranging from an 8x2 closet to a 4x4 tent, and im currently in a 2x4x6 tent. I want my top cola to reach the 4 foot mark. thats my goal for this first grow is just to hit a 4 foot plant, to me thats a nice, full grown maryjane plant. i know theyare mature much younger, but i want a nice full grown plant. So i know ill atleast need a 6 foot tent with lights hanging etc."

How about some light suggestions to flower a 4x4? I got a stupid meizhi 900 and 450w(not true watts) and after hearing some reviews, im pretty upset i got them and notsome quantum boards. I spent like 400 bucks on these dumb things and could have gotten something way better lol. 0-$200 dollar price range maybe?

Growing is becoming more enjoyable, its not a stress anymore, i dont think, maybe later on, but the confidence level is much higher to fix the incoming issues. What a journey of ups and downs. Hopefully theres some other newbies out there lurking my threads learning from all my fuck ups so they dont have to deal with the stressors and "Wtfs?" i did. lol.

Last edited:
basscaptain

basscaptain

This phones camera blows, it was advertised as a "above average" camera when i bought this phone, and its proving wrong. Either way. I know this isnt a grow diary, but i just wanted to post a quick update, like i said above it kind of helps me keep track of things, i can just pop back on here and look at dates and what not. But i also wanted to post because well, this is the furthest i have gotten in awhile. I think i finally got it. I could be wrong. I say i get it, and then bam i go and fuck up again, so im sure ill be back to struggles at some point. But, for me, this is looking good. Just need to keep things rolling from here, i got my watering method down that ive been doing that so far... so far.. has been keeping these girls happy.
The autoflower, it is what it is, shes been Nute-less the whole grow and i dont think i have time to really pump nutes into her.
I figured i would have killed her by now.

3 NEW SEEDLINGS inside the tent
3 NEW SEEDS GERMINATED
Im about to have some space issues now. Lmao. I just germinate extra because of how much i kill. But now things are rolling i think im going to either have to chuck some so i dont get OVER my head and become to much for such an inexperienced person, or im going to have to suck it and try my best and make some space. I dont know.

You can see the one small girl upfront is a little droopy, im still trying to get her to recover from the time i overwatered her, i see success in her though, i think well be okay.

View attachment 929731View attachment 929734

This was the unspoken autoflower i threw in with these girls... little bit of background:

FFOF
3 Gallon Pot
Northern Lights Autoflower
Completely Nutrient Free (I know, a fuck up)
No transplants. Just Phed water.
View attachment 929735

You can tell shes definitely not what she could have been. I wish i focused on her a little bit more, but hell i didnt think id get this far with her, i severely overwatered her in the beginning.

I think if i can get these plants to flower, and have a successful harvest, i will start a grow diary for my next grow, assuming id be successful. For right now im just going to kind of keep updating in my recent help threads instead of creating new posts and jamming up the forums with all my shit.

Question, I know it goes by strain, and to be honest, i have no clue what strains im even growing right now, i just got a bunch of seeds online,and germinated them, they are GOOD genetics from 00 genetics i think theyre called, so theyre not just bag seeds i just dont know strain. But my question is, what do you guys experience for an AVERAGE STRETCH, going into flower? Does your plant normally double? triple? maybe only grow a third of its size more? Just what do you guys average, ill take that average into consideration when throwing these girls into flower. I know what you guys say may be off because of strain etc, but ill atleast have an idea of what space ill need going into flower.

i have a bunch of options ranging from an 8x2 closet to a 4x4 tent, and im currently in a 2x4x6 tent. I want my top cola to reach the 4 foot mark. thats my goal for this first grow is just to hit a 4 foot plant, to me thats a nice, full grown maryjane plant. i know theyare mature much younger, but i want a nice full grown plant. So i know ill atleast need a 6 foot tent with lights hanging etc."

How about some light suggestions to flower a 4x4? I got a stupid meizhi 900 and 450w(not true watts) and after hearing some reviews, im pretty upset i got them and notsome quantum boards. I spent like 400 bucks on these dumb things and could have gotten something way better lol. 0-$200 dollar price range maybe?

Growing is becoming more enjoyable, its not a stress anymore, i dont think, maybe later on, but the confidence level is much higher to fix the incoming issues. What a journey of ups and downs. Hopefully theres some other newbies out there lurking my threads learning from all my fuck ups so they dont have to deal with the stressors and "Wtfs?" i did. lol.
those 2 that look good bigger then the rest... how old ??? those the 1's that are 18"

basscaptain

basscaptain

how long has that plant been in flower??? FEED IT NOW....................

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
IMG 20200116 003004 6

I always seem to lose hope in myself, almost pack all the shit up to sell, pretty much give the hell up, and then bam, shit seems to roll fine after i throw my temper-tantrums. .. Atleast, this is how it rolled out in the first grow. Girls got some water tonight. my two top sites look so much more taller than the rest of the plant lmfao.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

you're doing okay, go easy on yourself. stay on course. all good, allow yourself to make mistakes.

you are getting good advise here from our community...keep your chin up.

it looks like it's doing their pre-flower stretch? they look good!

basscaptain

basscaptain

Looking Good CG................ Been there also with the beans... You look like your starting to find a sweet spot for your growing needs.....

Man I would Flip those and get into flower.......

We know you can pop beans........Hint..... time to get Rolling CG......>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> to Flower To Buds Hanging.........

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
you're doing okay, go easy on yourself. stay on course. all good, allow yourself to make mistakes.

you are getting good advise here from our community...keep your chin up.

it looks like it's doing their pre-flower stretch? they look good!
I havent switched to 12/12, they dont do this until the flip correct?

Looking Good CG................ Been there also with the beans... You look like your starting to find a sweet spot for your growing needs.....

Man I would Flip those and get into flower.......

We know you can pop beans........Hint..... time to get Rolling CG......>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> to Flower To Buds Hanging.........

popping them is the easy part. its everyday after that its questionable. LOL.

we got this guy flower starts soon the 4x4 is otw up right now as we speak.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

I havent switched to 12/12, they dont do this until the flip correct?

there you go, its hard sometimes to tell from photos. i forgot, were these auto-flowers or feminised?

in any case, the stretched growth looks strong, thick and healthy - maybe i need my eyes checked. i'm telling ya, you're doing good, its healthy grow responding to nutrients, lights and general growing conditions.

i assumed you flipped them, as we have been encouraging you to do so. and i say here, FLIP 'EM, they're big enough to give ya a decent harvest, no? 8 to 9 weeks after changing to 12/12 cycle at least....

are they 5-gallon pots? just trying to get the photo in perspective...

you can always manipulate those 2 taller stems...shape the plant to suit.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
WARNING: I would take a dab or a hit or two off a pipe before reading my post; It is Lengthy loool.
IMG 20200116 011502 0

Apartment living, gotta love it. Fitting a 4x4 tent, a 2x4 tent, and all your grow equipment in your 1x1 grow room. LOL, not really 1x1, but you get my point, i started to put the second tent up yesterday, like you said BassCaptain, i started to notice,if you look at the pic above, where the fuck am i supposed to put it. So now 24 hours later... after a whole damn grow room rearrangement, after STRESS OF ALMOST breaking my damn good plant because im moving to quick, the tent is up.

i literally bent her right the fuck over, i dont even know if shell be okay, but its a couple hours later and she seems fine. I felt her rip a little though i think, like the roots. Scary.

Anyways babble aside, After removing the shelves in the closet, rearranging the whole closet and getting things all adjusted electricity wise, getting all the cords and extension cords sorted here.

Here we are, At 7:15 this morning, my first 2 plants will enter their first 12/12 cycle. Its currently 4:20am(BLAZE UP GUYS). I still have a couple adjustments i have to make to get the temps rolling fine in each tent, its going to be hard to get each tent to coincide with each other. I have one air conditioner, one heater, both tents in one room, i would think i would be able to keep each tent the same temperature, but at the same time i do have two different lights in each tent. So lets see the new setup and ill explain what changes i made in the 2x4 to make the 4x4 work. I am splitting equipment i have used before, i got an old humidifer that still works ill be using etc.

IMG 20200117 034022 4

Heres where we are at now. Its TIGHT, its definitely not a room for people with claustrophobia. but its apartment living man. Its cheap, and it works for me. As you can see everything was removed from the closet and then i actually just consolidated it all in the back of the closet, i had a couple feet of room left in the closet. The closet measures 8x2 and i have a 2x4 tent in there, leaving me space to store my soil and shit, which is nice.

SO LIGHT CHANGES!
I had to make a couple, well, maybe not but i did. I have a backup KINGLED 1000W LED, i put that in now 2x4 VEG TENT. I moved the MEIZHI 900w to the new 4x4 FLOWER tent. I do have in the closet, a meizhi 450w, and two shitty off brand 600w lights, horrible lights. So if i need to supplement a tent i can.

@basscaptain I do plan to pickup that quantum board u suggested when the funds come in. I saw the kingbrite 240w. That would be nice. I am Blowing BREAKERS in my apartment running more than 2 lights, i have both running just fine now but if i add a third ill have to run an extension cord from the living room. LMAO. So, if anyone has ideas or even light suggestions to reduce the power being used, im all game.

I also made a change to the 2x4, im currently using a stupid plastic 205cfm vivosun exhaust fan. hopefully ill grab another ac infinity soon for the veg tent. I am using my ac infinity and my new carbon filter in the 4x4 flower tent.

there you go, its hard sometimes to tell from photos. i forgot, were these auto-flowers or feminised?

in any case, the stretched growth looks strong, thick and healthy - maybe i need my eyes checked. i'm telling ya, you're doing good, its healthy grow responding to nutrients, lights and general growing conditions.

i assumed you flipped them, as we have been encouraging you to do so. and i say here, FLIP 'EM, they're big enough to give ya a decent harvest, no? 8 to 9 weeks after changing to 12/12 cycle at least....

are they 5-gallon pots? just trying to get the photo in perspective...

you can always manipulate those 2 taller stems...shape the plant to suit.

Youre completely good dude! So i got 1 AUTOFLOWER Northern Lights, thats the one in the veg tent thats in flower.

Thats BACK Center, yes, its rough, it needs food, it needs..... a doctor.. and im not that doctor, ill be happy with whatever i get off it. Anyways the rest are Feminized photoperiods, and theyre all seeds ordered off what i think are reliable seedbanks, but i dont know strain because i opened a bunch of packs and got them all mixed. LMAO.

My two Big girls that are about to flower in in 2 GALLON Pots. Back left, back right.
Then the two younger veg plants in the front, well, theyre also issue plants. They are all in 1 gallon pots.
Seedlings, in the nursery pots.

I have that random seedling started right in that 1 gallon pot dead center in the photo. Trying a couple different things. Everything is now in roots organics except the one gallon pots.

Seedlings from 00 Genetics i think that was the company, once again, a bunch of different strains,i need to start writing this shit down, but im so disorganized with all this stuff right now.

Here goes the first attempt at a second harvest. 7:15 am this morning the two big girls will enter darkness and start their 12/12 cycle. Once i get these girls out of the veg tent, i can start focusing on my other issue plants, i have WAY TO MUCH going on right now, and i know that, but its okay, im not so bummed about the losses now that i have something entering flower and im pretty confident with this watering method.

hopefully this all makes sense for you guys.
Taking a smoke break, its been a bit of work tonight.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Your Good to Go>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Flower Time>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 🌿 🌿 🌿 😉

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Man, im ready to see some buds. Hours of work just to put a tent up, months of work just to fix an overwatering issue. Its time for some damn buds. LOL. I think the setup is CORRECT and good to go now though, i dont think anymore changing up or switching up, which is nice. im sick of moving around.

basscaptain

basscaptain

That looks like haven when you have been outside in a TENT.......... It's allways more work then you think LOL

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Already having temp troubles in the 2x4 veg, i cant get it under 80 since ive moved into a move condensed closet. i got the AC running, we will see how much it cools each tent

basscaptain

basscaptain

Man, im ready to see some buds. Hours of work just to put a tent up, months of work just to fix an overwatering issue. Its time for some damn buds. LOL. I think the setup is CORRECT and good to go now though, i dont think anymore changing up or switching up, which is nice. im sick of moving around.
you will Still be screwing around with it......

Top Bottom