I think ive actually made it to my first feed? WOW.

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Hey bro, you can grow the same number of plants just make sure they are the same strain. Different strains need different things, Did you see my post "aint that a pisser?". I got a Sour D x White Widow giving me fits thats growing in the same soil and same amendments my other 2 plants thrive in.
Hmmm, good tip, ill pickup a new package of seeds for the next try. ill grab like 6 of one strain and just stick with them. i have a couple different strains going now.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
If you have problems watering and have the time to water often maybe consider coco. It's very forgiving on over watering but will require significantly more watering as the plant grows.
I dont mind watering more often, i just get scared buying coco because i hear about bugs lol. i mean, i guess i run the same risk, if not more, in soil. But.. yeah.

ProMix HP opinions???
CannaCoCo Opinions??

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
So... Maybe a change list for the next try... Anyone reject?

- Promix HP or CannaCoCo
- Plastic Pots
- Grow One Strain
- 2 plants instead of 6
im going to grow in a 2x4 tent to begin with, under a 900w meizhi, i feel like even the smaller tent will just make things easier, going small on everything until i get better. i do have a 450w meizhi if u guys think that will be better for a 2x4

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Truthfully, you got experience with soil. Get that right first before you start changing. Keep it simple right? Dirt, Water, and Light. When you get that dialed in make that switch. I was growing outside, this inside is a bit different, but I am keeping it simple, dirt, water, light

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Truthfully, you got experience with soil. Get that right first before you start changing. Keep it simple right? Dirt, Water, and Light. When you get that dialed in make that switch. I was growing outside, this inside is a bit different, but I am keeping it simple, dirt, water, light
That's a good point

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Let me say this as well, nothing wrong with other growing methods. Coco has no nutrients so thats something you have to get dialed in from the jump. If you can not dial in plants in pre-fertilizes soil coco is going to be a stretch
I feel it's easier because you can adjust feed not like fertilised. If ya mess up in soil it's much harder to correct.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

I feel it's easier because you can adjust feed not like fertilised. If ya mess up in soil it's much harder to correct.
Not disagreeing with that, I have not used coco, I was waiting for the flood and drain upgrade for that in my grow. Hand watering 3-4 times a day with nutes seems like a lot of work and measuring and what not. I am sure it works well though I have seen the results of coco grows, just seems like something for more experienced growers who can spot issues and make adjustments.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not disagreeing with that, I have not used coco, I was waiting for the flood and drain upgrade for that in my grow. Hand watering 3-4 times a day with nutes seems like a lot of work and measuring and what not. I am sure it works well though I have seen the results of coco grows, just seems like something for more experienced growers who can spot issues and make adjustments.
Yeah definitely more work.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Well, the 2x4 is up, i have all 6 plants in there right now, i have like 3 that are looking horrible. so we will see what happens, knock the plant count to about 2-3 for the 2x4 and then ill just focus on them, itll be easier to track the 3 instead of 6. the 2x4 tent is a mars hydro and its my first mars tent and damn you can tell a difference in quality. so im pretty pumped to get a grow going in the new tent. I even like how everything fits organized. hopefully these ones can stay alive. idk, like u guys said i might as well get soil down, ill stick with the FFOF/FFHP, but i think i may switch up pots im going to add alot more perlite into my soils in the future too.

Last edited:
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
IMG 20191216 003022352 1

Ill be really focusing on this one, and theni have one other one that looks about exactly like this, except shes already topped. As you can see, they started off healthy. I have watered them a few times and i havent fucked up yet. So i got a good base going. So hopefully i can keep this trend going.

bunkerking

bunkerking

soil likes to compact towards the bottom of the pot - if you water it too often. One of the reasons i moved to coco.
generally it doesnt dry out as fast as the rest of the pot, leaving your roots in an environment lacking of oxygen.

then you get super strange issues up top that are misleading. like drooping that looks like under watering.

bunkerking

bunkerking

another thing with fabric pots - there is no way for partials to pass (well semi large ones). you can really water log them depending on the mix. (from over watering, even after you correct your practice)

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
soil likes to compact towards the bottom of the pot - if you water it too often. One of the reasons i moved to coco.
generally it doesnt dry out as fast as the rest of the pot, leaving your roots in an environment lacking of oxygen.

then you get super strange issues up top that are misleading. like drooping that looks like under watering.
the strange issues uptop is whats happening, do you have any suggestions?

bunkerking

bunkerking

yes - listen to those guys. Be willing to trust what they say, and keep updating us. :)

bunkerking

bunkerking

just saying - If you can find a cheap kitchen digital scale at goodwill. (dont spend more than a few dollars) - just weigh them. When fully wet, and when you think it needs water. You will at-least know you still have X amount of water left in the pot. and can feel more confident on letting it stay dry.

Top Bottom