I think ive actually made it to my first feed? WOW.

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Dang mimed your rootball has a good bit of perlite in it too, mine doesnt, i wonder if thats effecting me because i forgot to add perlite to this happy frog before planting!!!!! omfg just like buzzed my brain. Thanks Mimed. i completely forgot, that at the beginning of my this plant that is dying lifes cycle, i had it in just pure happy frog as i ran out of the extraa perlite, now i have more but i didnt at the time. i wonder if its fucking biting my ass now. and if its contributing to me overwatering.

Do you always use plastic pots mimed? am i fucking myself using smartpots?

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter

opinions?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Dang mimed your rootball has a good bit of perlite in it too, mine doesnt, i wonder if thats effecting me because i forgot to add perlite to this happy frog before planting!!!!! omfg just like buzzed my brain. Thanks Mimed. i completely forgot, that at the beginning of my this plant that is dying lifes cycle, i had it in just pure happy frog as i ran out of the extraa perlite, now i have more but i didnt at the time. i wonder if its fucking biting my ass now. and if its contributing to me overwatering.

Do you always use plastic pots mimed? am i fucking myself using smartpots?

I have only used these plastic pots. And i have 5 5 gallon nursery pots i used for my first grow. Never liked the idea of soft pots. I move plants all the time.

And happy frog needs at least 25% added large chunky perlite for decent drainage. Its like cement after a while without it.

In my opinion anyway.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

That picture of your root ball is why I stopped using FFHP soil, it was good, just never seemed to drain right, I hate to even mention it, cause I don't like to look like I am throwing shade at a good product. I bet if you were to crack open your root ball (dont really do it) it would be almost bone dry. Seems like the Roots Original is so much easier right out the bag like it has twice the perlite. I still wouldn't trash any of those plants, especially without anything on deck. The main trunk and your leaves are still nice and green, as far as I am concerned if its still green there is still a chance for it to snap out of it. I think if you repot in your new perlite added mix and water with a water bottle (500ml or a little over a pint) every other day you will get what you are wanting. You really are not that far off, your plants DO NOT LOOK THAT BAD, more like minor adjustments than complete over haul

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

I have only used these plastic pots. And i have 5 5 gallon nursery pots i used for my first grow. Never liked the idea of soft pots. I move plants all the time.

And happy frog needs at least 25% added large chunky perlite for decent drainage. Its like cement after a while without it.

In my opinion anyway.
Thats why I quit using it, right there.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thats why I quit using it, right there.

Happy frog? I think ocean forest is much better. So does fox farm. OF is their premium container blend. Happy frog is their budget blend. Thats why you get more for the same money.

But without extra perlite. OF is too dense too. But with a good mix i can go 12 weeks in a 3 gallon pot green and healthy with a sativa leaning hybrid. With fertilizer of course. But we are talking drainage.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Mom was dope. (Luckily, i still have my parents around) she ordered me some Roots organics soil, just the original, a .75 cubic foot bag. got that ph pen coming, and im going to grab some plastic pots. I think going back to my original ways with root organics may help. i mean i dont know, but ill try. I never had issues until i started using the fox farm brand in general. I still have the promix coming like i keep saying, but ill just keep that for a 3rd run later on. Thanks guys. for the opinions and feedback. Nothings being thrown away, not yet, ill really let these ones die.

That picture of your root ball is why I stopped using FFHP soil, it was good, just never seemed to drain right, I hate to even mention it, cause I don't like to look like I am throwing shade at a good product. I bet if you were to crack open your root ball (dont really do it) it would be almost bone dry. Seems like the Roots Original is so much easier right out the bag like it has twice the perlite. I still wouldn't trash any of those plants, especially without anything on deck. The main trunk and your leaves are still nice and green, as far as I am concerned if its still green there is still a chance for it to snap out of it. I think if you repot in your new perlite added mix and water with a water bottle (500ml or a little over a pint) every other day you will get what you are wanting.
I mean fuck it, what do i got to lose. i got an empty water bottle out of my desk now, i might as well try. I feel like i could still maybe save her, i just gotta get this rootball broken up in a way. get her breathing again. you think the every other day watering will kinda help seperate the cement like rootball? or atleast help the roots flow.

You really are not that far off, your plants DO NOT LOOK THAT BAD, more like minor adjustments than complete over haul
Thanks man, hearing things like this help keep motivation in the tank. Because i really feel like im in America and my plants are in India. Thats how far off i feel. And i hate it. Appreciate the comments and the feedback.

Happy frog? I think ocean forest is much better. So does fox farm. OF is their premium container blend. Happy frog is their budget blend. Thats why you get more for the same money.

But without extra perlite. OF is too dense too. But with a good mix i can go 12 weeks in a 3 gallon pot green and healthy with a sativa leaning hybrid. With fertilizer of course. But we are talking drainage.

I have a full bag of OF on stock. Maybe add some perlite and give that a go again? grrr. i need to think and stick to one plan....

I think im going to keep my garden currently where its at and see what happens. if things go south i think im going to switch to root organics and try that, if no luck between me fixing my watering habits, and some new soil, i may try the promix that will also be on stock. Ill kind of take things one at a time though. im not going to do this all at once obviously. Im learning i need to slow down, so thats what im trying to do, while being proactive on making correct changes etc.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Glad I'm not the only one. Don't get me wrong. Fabric pots are fucking the best thing for outdoor plants. Hands down. But indoors... I've struggled with them.

Hmm, so with my history of overwatering, do you guys think it would be a bad switch to go to plastic pots?

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Got you. I ran out of happy frog, so for right now i am going to have to switch the medium, i was using happy frog but i have FFOF/Promix/Root Organics on stock. I can order some happy frog probably next week.

So, do you think plastic pots with FFOF with added perlite would be a bad final decision?

bunkerking

bunkerking

that's what that rootball is in. FFOF.

I dont - but would feel better if a few more people chimed in, to support my call.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
that's what that rootball is in. FFOF.

I dont - but would feel better if a few more people chimed in, to support my call.
You dont think it would be a bad idea? Just making sure im taking the correct way, sometimes internet boards are hard to portray people haha.
But cool cool. i think thats what im going to do, will wait for some backup to chime in too before making any huge decisions. i gotta order the plastic pots, see if i can find them in a good range.
i have 1 - 5 gallon smart pots. should probably do the same, or can i get away with like 1,3 and 5 gallon pots? skipping the 2 and 4 gal.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I do have a very extensive history of overwatering, i mean, reason why were here now. So thats why i steered away from the plastic pots. SO just keep that in mind hahaha. ive heard if you overwater plastic pots arent always the best option, ill just have to be careful.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Mom was dope. (Luckily, i still have my parents around) she ordered me some Roots organics soil, just the original, a .75 cubic foot bag. got that ph pen coming, and im going to grab some plastic pots. I think going back to my original ways with root organics may help. i mean i dont know, but ill try. I never had issues until i started using the fox farm brand in general. I still have the promix coming like i keep saying, but ill just keep that for a 3rd run later on. Thanks guys. for the opinions and feedback. Nothings being thrown away, not yet, ill really let these ones die.

I mean fuck it, what do i got to lose. i got an empty water bottle out of my desk now, i might as well try. I feel like i could still maybe save her, i just gotta get this rootball broken up in a way. get her breathing again. you think the every other day watering will kinda help seperate the cement like rootball? or atleast help the roots flow.

Thanks man, hearing things like this help keep motivation in the tank. Because i really feel like im in America and my plants are in India. Thats how far off i feel. And i hate it. Appreciate the comments and the feedback.

I have a full bag of OF on stock. Maybe add some perlite and give that a go again? grrr. i need to think and stick to one plan....

I think im going to keep my garden currently where its at and see what happens. if things go south i think im going to switch to root organics and try that, if no luck between me fixing my watering habits, and some new soil, i may try the promix that will also be on stock. Ill kind of take things one at a time though. im not going to do this all at once obviously. Im learning i need to slow down, so thats what im trying to do, while being proactive on making correct changes etc.

You need to stick to one system and then practice. I use the same stuff for years.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I do have a very extensive history of overwatering, i mean, reason why were here now. So thats why i steered away from the plastic pots. SO just keep that in mind hahaha. ive heard if you overwater plastic pots arent always the best option, ill just have to be careful.

You have to figure out what works for you. Not others. Every grow is different. So many variables.

bunkerking

bunkerking

If your roots are damanged from over watering. And to help increase your chance of success. Plastic pots , same media (maybe more perlite) Is an idea I support. Let's get you good at this 1st.

Latest posts

Top Bottom