ICMAG Refugees, say hello over here...

• Thread starter Green Mopho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TyKaycha

Good point Sky.
Luckily I think we have some good CO mods here who will help keep things in check. And as always Logic will keep his eye on things too. But better not to have to have him step-in.

B

BoCo Buds

Good point Sky.
Luckily I think we have some good CO mods here who will help keep things in check. And as always Logic will keep his eye on things too. But better not to have to have him step-in.

At least there was a post/warning & some discussion about the topic... already a night & day difference from the shit across the pond.

Basic common courtesy. Thank you TK

pollenchucker

pollenchucker

seems much more chill here.

just fyi, ICMAG closed down all of their state specific forums, and they have no plans to reopen them. I kept thinking they would reopen after a couple weeks, but found a thread with an announcement.

M

mendel

Maybe its not a good idea to have state forums, if people....... :joint: ......... cant follow the rules. That is essentially what happened at IC, and I dont blame them one bit for closing those forums.

pollenchucker

pollenchucker

i knew it was closed, just missed the part where it was staying closed. hard to keep up with the drama!

Dorje

Dorje

Maybe its not a good idea to have state forums, if people....... :joint: ......... cant follow the rules. That is essentially what happened at IC, and I dont blame them one bit for closing those forums.

I missed what happened to close the clone thread, but....

I think a huge majority of the people here, whether they were on icmag or not, respect the rules. I'm not sure why threads and even whole forums get closed because a very small minority can't follow the rules, why not just delete their posts and give them a time out?

T

TyKaycha

...I'm not sure why threads and even whole forums get closed because a very small minority can't follow the rules, why not just delete their posts and give them a time out?

I think because even if you banned those people, they seem to want to then seek vengence, re-sign up and then really become disruptive. Seen it happen too many times. Never understood the thinking behind it.

G

Genetics

Look around a little, those sites exist already if ya pay attention..

This forumn isn't goin down hill? I don't get you guys, this site has been up and runnin, and quite well I might add, for a long long time now as well as the Colorado forum....You guys have been here a week and all the sudden there are all these issues, people postin addy's, phone numbers, request for clones, seeds, plants, you name it, it is happenen like never before...hell I never even knew we had a TOU till you guys started wanting me to address it and even change it to suit whatever, still can't figure it out.

I really don't have to wonder very long why the forumns on oter sites got shut down and it is definately not the vibe we have created and foster here on the farmer..common sinse goes along way gang.

Tex
I'm a reader of both sites and from what I saw at the other it isn't going to change. I enjoyed their thread till they started openly selling clones and seeds and got the administration involved. To much info posted online isn't cool. And they were warned for months, had a thread closed and then were allowed to open another that went for months with repeat warnings till finally they just ended it. To those saying there was no warning at the other site, yer as dishonest as the day is long. You guys did this for months and finally forced their hand. The same thing that's happening here now.

The thing is there's a few that use these sites to make cash, and wait till one of em gets pissed and tells what's going on in private messages. I'm not calling none of ya out but one here even PM'd me at IC asking if I needed clones or seed.

The part most disturbing is reading the comments they wrote about IC. Nothing could be a bigger lie. These guys had over 2000 pages in two threads with nothing but warning after warning to please stop the selling, trading and the private information and just ignored it. And it's sad to say, but if you try and stop them they'll say the same things about you.

B

BoCo Buds

For the record... two of the peeps that I respected that got run out of town... weren't doing anything 'for profit'... just trying to spread some genetics throughout the medi community. I would truly describe their actions as more altruistic than anything else.

So, imho, the whole for profit crap is exactly that... the crap that is shit out by profiteers, not the peeps trying to do a good thing.

On the flip side... it's pretty damn easy for us to share behind closed doors, or somewhat discretely, but not like the pm's don't get monitored either.

So that's another sore point, but shit, let people share some goodwill. Peace all.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The biggest thing is security of the members..its one thing for the address of a business or commercial entity to have its name, address, and phone number out there in cyberspace, after all they have "hung their shingle on main street" so to say, so they have already excepted the preverbial target on their back..but when it gets out there at a private, personal, and individual level is a little scary for all involved, that's all...

No one wants to see anyone in any undue harm form law enforcement or the masses as a whole for doing something silly or careless. I honestly think you have to worry more about shady folks than law enforcement when it comes to open forumns so be carefull.

Perhaps a "swap meet" somewhere for Colorado farmers is the thing to do, throw in some BBQ, music, and bong rips OooooooEeeeeee I think we're on to something..

Tex

T

TyKaycha

Perhaps a "swap meet" somewhere for Colorado farmers is the thing to do, throw in some BBQ, music, and bong rips OooooooEeeeeee I think we're on to something..

Tex

Or a "Farmer's" Market of sorts...

pollenchucker

pollenchucker

swap meet sounds fun!

in my world, I's say have a bbq and whatever happens between people, happens between people.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
LOL...yeh, consenting adults rule...

Tex

pollenchucker

pollenchucker

crap, the invitation must of gotten lost in the mail! :character0029:

S

SoCoMMJ

How many posts before they release PM's ?

I guess I need to post more.

Be careful what you ask for hahahaha...

Latest posts

Top Bottom