If its not Organic! 100% its just any other drug

• Thread starter jollycanna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Our goal in this study was to evaluate the effect of 1× rate (132.7 kg ha−1) and 2× rate (265.4 kg ha−1) livestock manure treatments compared to control (without manure) on the growth and yield parameters of chilli peppers grown under three different environmental conditions such as a plastic greenhouse, rain-shelter plastic house, and open field conditions.

The nutrient salts are listed about halfway down the article. Not in the beginning. I found that odd too.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The baseline nutrient salts yes. That they both start with.... they then give one set organic manure, and the other nothing.

Right. And it spurred higher growth and yield. They mention increased biology in the soil.

I think that plants prefer varied sources of nutrients.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Just read the study. They do not compare it to "chemical" nutrients. At all..

The study basically says, giving the plant organic fertilizers is better than not giving them any..

At no point in this article do they compare it to regular nutrients.

Therefore it proves nothing I havent already admitted.
Prolly because ALL nutrients are chemicals. 🤔

BigCube

BigCube

Just read it again. Says nothing about comparing it to chemical fertilizers. At all. If you can find it, I'd love to see it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They literally dont compare it to any other nutrients. At all.

Ammonium nitrate (34%), fused phosphate (17%), and muriate of potash (52%) were applied as inorganic sources of N, P, and K. Recommended doses of the chemical fertilizers N, P (P2O5), and K (K2O) were 80 : 50 : 40 kg ha−1, and this amount was divided into three equal portions. The first part was applied as a basal dose and the two remaining portions were given during the vegetation period. All other agronomic operations such as plant protection, weeding, and irrigation measures were conducted similarly in all plots.

THCMonster

THCMonster

OK best organic grower and best nute grower here, I will send you both free seeds. Grow your best way an send finished nugs to Cannasaurusrex. I will conduct a double blind taste test and send nugs for quantitative analysis, to the person on the left side of the couch. We will report back with our conclusions. that's enuff stience for everyone here...right? PM for my addy pls.

You work for the DEA, im not sending bud across state lines! Lmao

BigCube

BigCube

Agreed. It's a great article. Hope you all read it .

Yup, I have read it. I've already admitted organic fertilizers work.

But there is nothing there that says it's better than any other nutrients for the plant.

I dont see people arguing that organic nutrients work, I see them arguing that they are better in some way than non organic nutrients. I see nothing here that supports this. Please point it out to me, I must be missing it.

BigCube

BigCube

Ammonium nitrate (34%), fused phosphate (17%), and muriate of potash (52%) were applied as inorganic sources of N, P, and K. Recommended doses of the chemical fertilizers N, P (P2O5), and K (K2O) were 80 : 50 : 40 kg ha−1, and this amount was divided into three equal portions. The first part was applied as a basal dose and the two remaining portions were given during the vegetation period. All other agronomic operations such as plant protection, weeding, and irrigation measures were conducted similarly in all plots.

That's not a control group or anything. That's just saying the soil also had that in it along with the manure. Here it is in context:

The seedlings of chilli pepper were transplanted into a plastic greenhouse, rain-shelter plastic house, and open field at the experimental station located in Unbong-eup, Namwon-si, Jeollabuk-do, Republic of Korea. The experiment was set in randomized complete block design with three replicated plots (15 m × 4 m) for each treatment.

The chemical analyses of organic manure were conducted to estimate N, P2O5, and K2O contents before application. The organic manure consisted of 67.06% organic matter, 2.42% N, 1.51% P2O5, and 0.41% K2O. Two different levels of organic matter were applied to each temperature treatments as per experimental layout. Based on a soil analysis, 132.7 kg ha−1 (1×) of livestock manure compost as an optimum and 265.4 kg ha−1 (2×) was applied as the double rate of organic manure.

No mention of a control group, or of a different mix that had organic only, or anything like that.... unless I'm missing it.

It even says in the paper:

Our goal in this study was to evaluate the effect of 1× rate (132.7 kg ha−1) and 2× rate (265.4 kg ha−1) livestock manure treatments compared to control (without manure) on the growth and yield parameters of chilli peppers grown under three different environmental conditions such as a plastic greenhouse, rain-shelter plastic house, and open field conditions.

The control is.... without the manure....

BigCube

BigCube

Right. And it spurred higher growth and yield. They mention increased biology in the soil.

I think that plants prefer varied sources of nutrients.

You give a plant more nutrients, it grows more..... they didn't give control plants more chemical nutrients.... they just didn't give them more.... it proves plants will respond well to higher levels of nutrients as long as it's not too much.

BigCube

BigCube

They basically have 3 plots with the same soil containing "chemical" fertilizers. Then to one, they add manure. To another they add x2 manure. To the control (the plot they compare the manure having plots to) they give no manure. All the plots, even the organic manure having ones are using "chemical" fertilizers.

A plant given more nutrients will show better growth, yes....

BigCube

BigCube

Yeah, lets be clear this means synthetic "chemical" fertilizers, this really peeves me. 🙄

Yeah, bothers me too. I mean lots of it's not even synthetic, it's just derived from other sources.

Calling it chemical is an easy boogeyman though. The word alone scares some people, even though they themselves are just a bag of chemicals, full of chemicals. 😆

Glassdub

Glassdub

Yeah, bothers me too. I mean lots of it's not even synthetic, it's just derived from other sources.

Calling it chemical is an easy boogeyman though. The word alone scares some people, even though they themselves are just a bag of chemicals, full of chemicals. 😆
THC is about the worse chemical of them all CBD is pure Satan though. 👹

CannasaurusR

CannasaurusR

You work for the DEA, im not sending bud across state lines! Lmao
LOL no thats south of the border, its the Mounties and Agriculture Canada here, but I don't shill for either of them respectable (cough) agencies, Its perfectly legal to gift an ounce in the mail between Canadians over 21, so. I'm not asking for anything bad mmmkay? LMAO I guess no one is sending me weed....so so sad...I dont have any 'chem nute hydro erb' to compare with my overloaded quasi organic heavy metal soup mould soil weed though...feel free to send your wicked inorganic kind to my pre-epidemic personal stash dept.??? I'm not good at this at all...back to the cave, drops granite spade, and walks away.

CannasaurusR

CannasaurusR

synthetic "chemical" fertilizers
Potassium fertilizer components often come from mined potassium sulfate, and are 'chem' ferts, not 'synthetic' and also organic input approved. So we can pick apart any study,(especially the term 'organic') but generally cultivation methods that are detrimental to the natural world, could possibly be less beneficial for the humans consuming it. Not a stretch, not bro science, but a logical assumption? Steince can argue that with laser focused experiments point by point, but no one will fund a study that isn't tainted by economic influences lol

Glassdub

Glassdub

Potassium fertilizer components often come from mined potassium sulfate, and are 'chem' ferts, not 'synthetic' and also organic input approved. So we can pick apart any study,(especially the term 'organic') but generally cultivation methods that are detrimental to the natural world, could possibly be less beneficial for the humans consuming it. Not a stretch, not bro science, but a logical assumption? Steince can argue that with laser focused experiments point by point, but no one will fund a study that isn't tainted by economic influences lol
Yes, I considered this, cultivation methods are a separate discussion, I don't see why they couldn't be employed with synthetic components to the same end, I have no beef with proponents of permaculture, I'm actually all for it.

BigCube

BigCube

What is more detrimental?
Citation needed please.

Top Bottom