Incogneato's Veg(ina) Box

• Thread starter incogneato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
incogneato

incogneato

The buds on the pink diesel x amnesia auto are starting to stack. Its a good thing this was a freebie because she's a small gal. Started out smelling like cat piss when buds first started forming but now it smells like the inside if a pumpkin and canalope. Still no frost on her either.
20161125 235350

Orcaman

Orcaman

I've grown out a handful of Auto's and most were very disappointing. The biggest problem with them is the Ruderalis is almost always very dominant then creating very short plants and very little trich activity. Even when you get a good one, It's a one time grow always having to start from seed!

incogneato

incogneato

I've grown out a handful of Auto's and most were very disappointing. The biggest problem with them is the Ruderalis is almost always very dominant then creating very short plants and very little trich activity. Even when you get a good one, It's a one time grow always having to start from seed!
I've seen some guys do very well with autos but I just don't think they're for me. This one is exactly what you described.

incogneato

incogneato

Came across this and thought you coco guys would enjoy a good read..
Thanks bro, even better than reading....video lol. Good info for sure. I've been making sure that I provide adequate levels of calcium and magnesium in my feeds. One of the good things about my nute line is that its calcium based. Just add some Epsom and I'm good to go

incogneato

incogneato

You would be better to add UVB lighting to enhance trich production! :)
I was under the impression that metal halide lamps do emit uvb? I do plan on adding some uvb when my photos are in flower but my understanding is that its only beneficial around the last 2 weeks of flower. This auto is like my test run for my first grow. I figured it was a freebie and will finish before the photos so I could get a feel for the whole process before the big show.

Wisher619

Wisher619

UV is a myth
there are many people whom have studied cannabis grown with and without UV with no difference
the Sun puts out an infinate # of wavelengths
we used to believe ......because UV penetrates deep into tissue that there was a correlation....there is not

I grow with LED which emits no UV what so ever
and as you can see my buds are plenty frosty

has to do with genetics

now the plant will fill those heads with as much thc as possible with the right enviroment
and the suns many rays to contribute to terpene profiles but UV has been proven to be false

Last edited:
incogneato

incogneato

View attachment 649041 UV is a myth
there are many people whom have studied cannabis grown with and without UV with no difference
we used to believe ......because UV penetrates deep into tissue that there was a correlation....there is not

has to do with genetics

now the plant will fill those heads with as much thc as possible with the right enviroment
and the suns many rays to contribute to terpene profiles but UV has been proven to be false
I've seen arguments for both (like everything on the web) but have nothing to compare it to.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
View attachment 649041 UV is a myth

has to do with genetics

My cob led has Ir and Uv but I have no control to compare it to.

Orcaman

Orcaman

I'm so glad to see some feedback on this subject. I do want to say that Wisher619 is so right that genetics does play the biggest part of trich production in most strains. But it can play a big part on a better well balanced plant based on the total light spectrum. Therefore making a heathier plant and better richer trich production. I started using UVB supplemental lighting over 10 years ago and have found many benefits from using it in all stages of growth. Even now with my current two 300 watt LED's are equipped with UVB's. Plus with my 600 watt HPS Lumatek I was using a 36 inch 10.0 Reptisun UVB in conjunction and a 24 inch in veg with 400 watt MH, and HPS. We always have to keep in mind the amazing variables with each grower and what works for them compared to me, you, and so on!:)

Wisher619

Wisher619

the only LED "Fixture" I have seen with UV are the Amare and Spectrum King
I have seen both.....Amazing and.....Super Shitbag grows from both

Sam Skunkman as well as Robert Clarke and others have done experiments using UV and not
the outcome was no differ

what science has seen is the expression of terpenes in the plant which modulates thc in the body
so.....maybe with uv supplementation plants makes you feel more stoned or high can be due to the higher terpene modulation
but THC dosnt gain from UV or IR
you plant's genetics play the biggest role

UV myth is the same type of myth as MJ specific nutrients
yeah people grow great buds with say AN
people also grow amazing buds with Jacks Hydro
I have grown my plants under my LED COB which emmit no discernible UV
I have also grown the same plants under CFL as experiment (dont try it)
and the sun

the outcome different was terpene (oil production) not to be confused with THC... and size of plant
the list for top oil production
1. Sun
2. Led
3. HPS
4. CFL
for my experiments

on the same cuts that I have
I can link to scientific papers of peer reviewed studies

you would think that Major Cannabis growers would want the most potential out of there plants
but no large op growers use UV
there are many that use LED now but none use UV
and the amount of UV in a MH for example once exerted through the glass is neglegable at best

I am not trying to rain on anyones parade
I just hate to see opinion raised as fact
which may make people spend money on something extra when there is no difference

@Orcaman is correct in that a well balanced full spectrum is best

the problem is we havnt been able to replicate the sun correctly with a "Full Spectrum"
as the sun emmits Xray IR and massive amounts of Radio Waves outside the visible spectrum that we have not yet been able to recreate
the whole reason well grown Sun Buds blow anything out of the water when it comes to light

Last edited:
Orcaman

Orcaman

Thank you Wisher619 for the great response. I like that we are on the same track. You are another great learning tool for me in this fun world of growing. I love this realm right now because it is so wide open!:)

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Sam Skunkman as well as Robert Clarke and others have done experiments using UV and not

what science has seen is the expression of terpenes in the plant which modulates thc in the body
so.....maybe with uv supplementation plants makes you feel more stoned or high can be due to the higher terpene modulation

and the sun

the outcome different was terpene (oil production) not to be confused with THC... and size of plant
1. Sun
2. Led
3. HPS
4. CFL
for my experiments

you would think that Major Cannabis growers would want the most potential out of there plants
and the amount of UV in a MH for example once exerted through the glass is neglegable at best

which may make people spend money on something extra when there is no difference

the problem is we havnt been able to replicate the sun correctly with a "Full Spectrum"
as the sun emmits Xray IR and massive amounts of Radio Waves outside the visible spectrum that we have not yet been able to recreate
the whole reason well grown Sun Buds blow anything out of the water when it comes to light
And the names, Dalton..... except from Road House.... :)

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

and the sun

1. Sun
2. Led
3. HPS
4. CFL
for my experiments

And thru all this,,, all I can think of,,, Is Obama pardoned a turkey....

Top Bottom