indoor outdoor weed more potent

• Thread starter ohiorasta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KillMachineKill

Man this is getting serious.... I completely agree with sea maiden, I also smoke so much weed that it is hard for me to get high, since my dad died ten years ago I smoked my brain (and inheritance) into oblivion. Even though I agree, Motherlode that the most THC covered weed I have smoked so far has come from an indoor grower (which indoor growing was his whole life literally did nothing else) but I also prefer to grow outdoor, because I choose to not only promote growing any plants outside (love all gardening) but also because indoor growing is imo riskier and more expensive. And I may be wrong but THC percentage while important is not as important as how the cannabinoids are structured and how they are absorbed by our receptors. But why does it matter so much, if you grow seriously, you are usually growing both, and you have grown good and bad of both. It is easy to claim that you have the best stuff from states away while hiding behind a computer screen, from both sides. Again why does it matter, some of us may be, but most of us are not in the same area and are not in competition with each other. I Have learned a ton from a lot of you and apply knowledge from both side (indoors and out) to both styles in my own growing (I mean I scrog all my outdoor plants which I took from an indoor grower I know doing a long time ago).
Therefore both sides should just send me all your samples, and I will get back to you all after a long judging session... hehehe

T

TreFarmer

IMHO no grow room can match outside. Point - 1 plant grown outside can yield 5 pounds and more in 7 months or less. Granted, this is under optimal conditons etc but that is not the question at hand...Show me any growroom in the world that can come even close to that and ill print this page out and eat it. lol

You like salsa or fry sauce?

K

Kief Stoned

You like salsa or fry sauce?

dude-wait-what.jpg

ummm... Salsa? But I like worcestershire sauce and ketchup on my fries.. MmmMM

T

TreFarmer

Man this is getting serious.... I completely agree with sea maiden, I also smoke so much weed that it is hard for me to get high, since my dad died ten years ago I smoked my brain (and inheritance) into oblivion. Even though I agree, Motherlode that the most THC covered weed I have smoked so far has come from an indoor grower (which indoor growing was his whole life literally did nothing else) but I also prefer to grow outdoor, because I choose to not only promote growing any plants outside (love all gardening) but also because indoor growing is imo riskier and more expensive. And I may be wrong but THC percentage while important is not as important as how the cannabinoids are structured and how they are absorbed by our receptors. But why does it matter so much, if you grow seriously, you are usually growing both, and you have grown good and bad of both. It is easy to claim that you have the best stuff from states away while hiding behind a computer screen, from both sides. Again why does it matter, some of us may be, but most of us are not in the same area and are not in competition with each other. I Have learned a ton from a lot of you and apply knowledge from both side (indoors and out) to both styles in my own growing (I mean I scrog all my outdoor plants which I took from an indoor grower I know doing a long time ago).
Therefore both sides should just send me all your samples, and I will get back to you all after a long judging session... hehehe
Well stated! Let me know when the samples arrive I'll head down;)

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
The news of Chemdog being busted has sent a shiver down my spine. There won't being any bud contest, there won't be any more interaction with new people and there might not be anymore internet ganja sites for me soon.

While we are busy arguing one of our legendary brothers had his freedom stolen from him. While we are busy posting and flashing we are being hunted by the law.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qd08FyXY3E

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
They took the thread down about the bust. It was there.

K

Kief Stoned

:) I don't know the final #s but I do know MPB hits those # if done right.

In how long? One plant? 10 LB's??? Indoors? I think im gonna call BS. Even though there may be pics etc ,but cmon.. Wet maybe.. But dry?.. Naaaaaa

S

Sunbiz1

Oh, yes, but mostly in physical traits. Leaves may not get as big, buds form differently, that sort of thing. And for me, that's only to do with my styles and methods of growing indoors vs out. At least, that's what I think.... My preferred method of indoor growing is SOG. 1gal pots all the way around because they're easy for me to pick up and move around, plus they don't let the plants get so big that I have more difficulties (old back injury colors all of what I do and how).

I finally have a girl growing in native earth under our deck. So, for the very first time I'll be able to get a chance to taste what a plant grown this way can and will do. Because of her location, despite being one of my seed starts (pretty sure this is one of the NL #5 seeds I thought was a goner, flicked it off the deck) she's already flowering like the clones. She doesn't get direct sunlight until rather late in the day, so I'm just very surprised all the way around about this little lady. I expect her to teach me a lot.

I hear you on the container sizes, several weeks ago I had to transplant one from a 4 gal to a 7 for flowering. I also move this one from the yard to the second floor at night for security reasons(thieves). I think it weighs about 80 lbs after watering, I like big plants. It will be interesting to see the different results in 2 months on my end. Some of those 8 footers out in the woods are tied in with my hermie project. Here's what I do know thus far. Those seeds I grew 2 years ago was a mother grown entirely outdoors...in a cemetery actually(lol). Only she was in a 5 gal with FF soil at the time. Here is what has been throwing me off. I'm smoking her offspring at the moment, not even close to the original mother(yep, I smoked mother hermie after seed removal). The resulting offspring is better, better taste, smell, and packs more punch.

Maybe it is true that a female which self-pollinates is not as potent...dunno?. What I do know is there is a good reason why seed banks don't sell some of the original Jamaican strains.

Hmm, now there's a new project thought...there has to be a cross out there somewhere that works outside of the island.

Peace!

S

Sunbiz1

The news of Chemdog being busted has sent a shiver down my spine. There won't being any bud contest, there won't be any more interaction with new people and there might not be anymore internet ganja sites for me soon.

While we are busy arguing one of our legendary brothers had his freedom stolen from him. While we are busy posting and flashing we are being hunted by the law.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qd08FyXY3E

I saw that thread earlier before removal. Mass. has been a real ass of late. Hopefully he has been bailed out by now, was sorry to hear/read of the incident.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
IMHO no grow room can match outside. Point - 1 plant grown outside can yield 5 pounds and more in 7 months or less. Granted, this is under optimal conditons etc but that is not the question at hand...Show me any growroom in the world that can come even close to that and ill print this page out and eat it. lol

not talking yeald here talking thc%

T

TreFarmer

All prayers and good vibes to Chem and his family... this is a topic which resinates with all of us! I will be smoking a "half mast" 4:20 today in honor of the fallen!! I feel all he has done for the world, Karma should help him out! As well as his extended family here and around the world. God's speed Chem, we'll be pulling for you!:bow
As far as this thread:
I don't know for sure, for my brain, the strongest hitting bud is MKUltra but always has been indoor. I've never tried an outdoor Mk. I think it has more to do with the final chemical profile created, all the molecules, in a specific ratio. And this ratio (potency) would be different for every smoker/medicator. And the cannabinoids they respond to.
I have smoked Sour D that crippled people, but my girl can smoke it all day. The ReCon however, just a dab will do her, and I can mob through ReCon all day.
This is a very biased subject.
To clear up a bit..
Indoor or outdoor
More THC? CBD? CBN, THCA-B? These should be the questions, not if your donkeydick is more potent:) no disrespect I just see a dual develop over preference.

K

Kief Stoned

In reality, any comment would just be pure conjecture anyway. Reasons-
"Potent" is not not a standard defenition for everyone. It will mean diff things to diff ppl as it will effect each user differently.
There are just way to many variables to consider. I highly doubt anyone ( outside of a well stocked labratory ) could actually pull off a viable test between the two methods because of said variables.
So, if pure opinion is what the OP is looking for, i'll give my 2c..

In my experience ( 20+ yrs smoking all types of MJ ) the strongest ( hardest hitting,longest lasting etc ) was indoor hydro grown weed.Im not by any chance saying that this is true across the board, but rather just my own experience.Which in the grand scope of things, is very limitted.. I also would like to add., that in my circles,in my part of the big spinning rock that we live on, its a commonly accepted hypothisis that outdoor weed is less potent but yields way more and that outdoor weed is mainly ( not always.. Again, there are variables ) commercial grade and grown mainly for yield rather than potency.

Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

indoor vs. outdoor

For me and my taste it has always been outdoor hands down. Properly grown obviously. And I'm talking in terms of "quality of high".
Of course you have to have a "good year" meaning mother nature cooperates. And a proper location is essential as well. Here in south central Kentucky the summers are HOT and RIDICULOUSLY HUMID so you need the right strains for sure. Sat doms work well for me here 70/30 being about perfect. Most years I can go til at least Halloween easy before getting a killing frost. I feel like the natural sunlight changes up the high for the better as compared to HIDs indoor. The high from my Sat doms are always more intense and warm outdoor. Shit feels electric and has had my whole body vibrating at times. If I get a long dry finish out of the weather I can still produce buds with fantastic "bag appeal". There have been times when people wouldn't have known my outdoor from indoor if I wouldn't have told them. That being said, I love my indoor as well, no doubt. But there is just something extra I find in well grown outdoor buds. My $0.2.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
this will tell all .........have it scientificly tested
these people do that kind of stuff

http://www.scanalytical.com/

it would have to be same strain though to keep it even
everyone would have to agree on it

end of story right der........lol

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I actually don't care until I see these threads pop up time and again where people start going on with misinformation. I can't believe I got drawn into another one.

One last point to motherlode though. There is tons of $1500 a pound weed around here guy. Most is in the $1500 to $2500 a pound range. Some people just want to buy cheaper average weed that gets them stoned when they want to be stoned and doesn't cost as much. Some people want quality weed. Just like beer. There are people that would rather have 2 cases of cheaper beer than one case of expensive beer. I totally agree with the beer drinkers because 4 percent is 4 percent alcohol. Weed is way different but people are the same. That is why I get $4000 a pound and the people who resell it get $400-600 an ounce. There are people who want quality and can afford it.

They don't pay $4000 a pound because they have too. They want to. That is only $250 an ounce. I guarantee I could stand out front of any pot store in Cali and offer The White for $250 an ounce and few people will bother to go inside when they know they are paying $15 to $25 a gram ($420-700 ounce) for anything that is inside. Heck I could outsell them at $350 an ounce ($5600 pound).

The problem is that California smokers have let the co-op pot store compassion clubs dictate what they pay for weed. Close those people down and shut them up forever by out selling them. You guys have got lazy and scared. You want to drop off the weed and have other people do the work. Or you don't want to risk seeling it on your own and go through all the worry and hassle. So you take what the clubs will give.

I will never do that. I control my own destiny and I get rid of my own weed.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Motherlode I know that isn't happening. I figured I could joke with you because we been around the block a couple times together now. Guess I was wrong. It wasn't a personal attack it was messing around. How could you possibly take that seriously?

WTF?????????

Now it is on for real. This ain't BS. Pick your best bud guy. Make sure it's your best too because I don't want ANY EXCUSES AFTER YOU LOSE!!! How's that for confidence?

I share stuff with you, I join a league with you, I post back and fourth with you and you have to say what you said in mojo because you can't decipher humor.

This bridge just burned down and it isn't going to be rebuilt either.

dude your off your meds - you take a friendly discussion and make it a personal attack on me and your surprised when I hit you in private about it

if you were any kind of friend you certainly wouldnt act like this

Im so over all this internet pissing contest drama

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I don't take any meds.

What I said is quoted in your post. The whole world can see it and I am quite certain they know from all I have posted in the past it was funny.

And after I point it out you still don't think so. I am now even more disappointed. It was EXACTLY the same type of humor that you laughed at at the start of the fantasy football draft. EXACTLY!

M

maestro

I've embraced this hobby for some time now and I can't beat nurtured ,well tended outdoor bud with my very best hydro indoors. I love the prdictable control inside and have tweaked most my averages without environment harmin co2 enrichment just good fresh air to 2g+ a wt,lil less or more dependent on the cut..........Nothing touches God's grow room though the air n light can't be beat. Seems to me outside grown that turns out catches a lil the suns energy inside it and makes it special. For healing positive med effect my favorite meds is a grown classic skunk.

Top Bottom