Insane in the Membrane

• Thread starter ProGroWannabe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

ProGroWannabe

GDS...what up bro? Thank you for the kind words! As far as getting the coco thing down...no problem man, you'll be riding the coco train before you know it.:yes

G

GDS StonerBoy

It seems as if, i'm finally getting it bro. The plants are starting to look great, thanks to your help!

P

ProGroWannabe

It's all you homie! I'm just Helping with the small stuff:).

P

ProGroWannabe

9-12 Update

Well farmers, things are getting more interesting by the day. The Wonder Hazes are really strutting their stuff now. They are stackin up the buds nicely now.

The PP's are still stretching as are the O.Haze x Sk1's. I had posted in another update that the stretch looked to be about over....well I was only half right. Ya see, when I started this whole thing, I had forgotten to consider all of the side-shoot growth. Don't get me wrong, I love all of the growth, but it continues to stretch toward the light. In retrospect, I could've grown all of the plants straight up, THEN began bending them. This would have promoted less side-shoot growth and made for less work for me in tying so many branches down. British Hempire told me that this has worked well in the past for him, but I was already bending them over, so I continued with my plan as it was. For anyone looking to try this type of haze grow remember: if you like tying branches, bend them over right off of the bat. If however, you don't want to do as much work, then wait till they get to your maximum allowable height, then bend them over.

What else..umm....I've pulled probably 2-3 oz's of leaves all total so that light could continue to penetrate. This is my biggest goal in this entire grow---to be certain that every inch of every plant gets as much light as I can give them with this floro set-up. Anything less will be a dis-service to the fixture since it will obviously not penetrate like an HPS. But I believe that in most cases LST can even the odds to a degree. Never truly equalling HPS, but with proper care one should be able to achieve respectable yields with any strain.

Anyhow, here they are today....

Overall Shot 9 12
Wonder Haze From Above 9 12
Wonder Haze 9 12
Wonder Haze Buds 9 12
Entire PP 1
PP Seed Development 9 12
Girls in Bondage 9 21
Wonder Haze Trichs
B

Big_Roses

Lookin pretty amazing PGW!!
How is the bud development below the main canopy and the low nodes??
love dat haze

B

Big_Roses

Hey PGW
i know your MJ knowledge is a never ending trichome sea!!!
so i am looking for a good blooming fert/nutrient cocktail for my currently flowering garden....
what are you using on these pretty ladies???
how many weeks in flower are these??
i'm grow'n in soil also and pretty much all that im using now is a little bonemeal for a potas boost......any guidence or suggestion's would be awesome
thanx bro!!!

P

ProGroWannabe

Hey Big Roses thanks for stoppin in!

First off, I appreciate the compliments man. This grow has definitely been a challenge for me, but I like it that way.

1. The bud development on the lowest nodes ranges from the typical popcorn stuff to mini-bud-stacks that are a couple of inches tall each. I think they will fill in fairly well as they develop.

2. I'm using Earth Juice at the moment. Once I run out of it though, I'm gonna switch to making my own teas. There is an incredible thread here on making teas. I don't know if you've seen it but here it is

3. All of these plants were started on 12/12 as seedlings on 8-1-08 (give or take a day or two). My record keeping needs to improve..lol. So I guess that makes my girls 6 weeks into flower right now. The Wonder Haze has about 4 more weeks. The PP's have 8 more weeks and the O.Haze x Sk1's have between 9 and 10 weeks left.

4. My medium is Botanicare's Ready-Gro Moisture Formula coco. It has all kinds of stuff in it besides the coco base. I think it's probably the closest thing to a true cross-over medium between coco and soil.

As for feeding.... I have on;y been feeding these about once a week. They get Cal-Max and tap water in between feedings pH adjusted to 6.0-6.2--nutes or not. Their last feeding was all half strength (according to strengths listed on the labels).

Grotek Cal-Max 2 tsp per gallon
EJ Bloom...1/2 TBSP per gallon
EJ Meta-K..1/2 tsp per gallon
EJ Microblast 1/2 tsp per gallon
EJ Catalyst 1 TBSP per gallon
As for the tiny bit of Nitrogen that they still need....I top-dressed early on with Blood Meal and have not added a bit since then. They seem to be getting all the Nitrogen they need as their is not a hint of yellow in there anywhere.

Here soon I will begin to wean them off of the Phosphorus just a bit and begin to ramp up the Meta-K to provide enough Potassium for some killer resin at the end.

G

GDS StonerBoy

They are looking beautifully healthy bro, i think i should start using the EJ again. I still have some left but i'm pretty sure it isnt good anymore. Those wonder hazes are packing on the resin fast huh, in a couple of weeks they are gonna be resin cakes,lol. Keep up the good work bro!

P

ProGroWannabe

Yo GDS thanks bro! I just spent over an hour in there tonight reworking everything.

I have to admit, although this type of grow is definitely a lot of fun, it is not without work believe me. I have pulled tons of leaves to ensure light penetration and seem to be pulling them steadily as they progress through flowering. Also, I have to pull at least "most" of the plant tops down more every single night as they continue to push toward the light. I bet I have at least ten feet of line in there holding 8 plants (I think), and their side-branches in the shape I want them. This is definitely not a style for the lazy, or those who are extremely short on time.

On another note...sadly, I had to cut one of the O.Haze x Sk1's tonight. It was a tough choice for me since I really wanted all the plants to reach maturity. But as I looked at the grow as a whole and studied the canopy, I realized that this monsterous beast was blocking a lot of light and was continuing to block more every day. Ya might think this is an obvious thing and that I had to have expected it. Well I did to a point. But this particular plant had curled around two sides of the tub already and was creeping up on the third side. As it did so, it was constantly getting into the light even though I kept tying it down further and further. So, in order to improve the health of the rest of the plants in the tub, I culled this one. I already regret doing it, but I also know that was the right thing to do, regrets or not.

In the famous words of Porky the Pig....ble ble ble ble that's all folks! lol

P

pom

And I though it was bad here, grass hoppers are nothing to that monster. WHO'S GOT THE SPRAY!!!!

P

ProGroWannabe

That's one big damn grasshopper though! Do they eat just grass or whole trees?

D

drfarm

Hi Progro, have not checked in a while. Its looking good and still in the "strawberry" tub. I have some choc. thai to go and just have to try this thing. looking superb Bro. Got a wife that is causing hell for my grow, and life... Thats why the arabs say if you have one wife, its better to have 3, so one will rat out the schemes of the others :giggle Gawd, what a heartache. Love the tub man. Best to you and stay safe. drfarm

P

ProGroWannabe

drfarm....thanks for finding the time to pop in my thread man! I'm really sorry to hear of the hardship with the wife, I truly know what that's like.

Thanks for the props on the tub. I really like it. So far, I see absolutely no signs of rootbinding, which was the idea from the beginning.......to be able to grow more plants per square foot than would be possible in individual containers, WITHOUT making them rootbound at any point. I obviously have a ways to go yet before these will be chopped, but I see no reason to worry about the container being big enough for the root mass.

P

ProGroWannabe

Update time......and a good one, I think. The girls are slammin out the buds IMO. So far, I think this may be my most successful grow to date. I am sooo addicted to LST that I don't think I can go back to growing vertically-only. The total height above the container is 16 inches, but as the pics depict, the height would be way higher if these monsters were allowed to grow in a vertical-only fashion. PP #1 is almost exactly 4 feet now from the surface to the tip-top of the plant!....and is really quite the beautiful girl. I am sooo glad that I pollenated some of the branches. The calyxes are swelling up great and hopefully these seeds will all be viable and produce some nice plants.

The Wonder Hazes are just plain dropping the resin bomb for being no closer to finish than they are. They still have right around 3 weeks to go, and to me, they are quite impressive for commercially available seeds.

As for the O.Haze x Sk1...it is what it is...lol...verrrrry slooooow. BUT, even though it is super slow, it's starting to knot up pretty nicely. Plus, ya gotta love those super-thin haze leaves!

On with the pics:

Bu Bu Bu Buds 9 20
OHaze x Sk1 9 20
OHaze x Sk1 same 9 20
PP bend pic 1  9 20
PP topbending pic
PP Side Branch Top 9 20
Wonder Hazeflash only 9 20
Wonder Haze 2 9 20
Wonder Haze flash 9 20
BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
Just found your grow, awesome man!

Can't wait to see those buds fatten up some in a few months:flower

I also got a local Brazilian sativa going in the garden now, I've kept her for over two years now, but only flowered her twice... she takes some weeks to finish heheheheh. but not too long. Can be chopped as early as 12 weeks, although she gets better with some additional weeks and grows best outdoors.

Good luck with the project!

BC

P

ProGroWannabe

Awesome BC Bud! Thanks for checkin out the thread man. Do you have any pics of that Brazilian?

The Wonder Haze has about three more weeks, the PP has almost 7 weeks to go, and the O.Haze x Sk1 still has around thirteen weeks left...lol...gonna be a while on that one.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Insane is right , Bro awesome job:muscle

P

ProGroWannabe

Thanks homie!

My only real reservation is wondering just what I'm gonna do when the time comes to stop tying them "down" and start tying them "up" to support the bud weight....?...guess I'll find something to tie them up to.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Bro think if those were under a 600 HPS:party you are doing those proud no doubt

P

ProGroWannabe

Bro, I've been thinkin about that for quite some time now..lol. I'm just so worried that I won't be able to control the heat in there with a 600. I can't put the A/C unit in the side of the cab like I was doing with the EPK before because of stealth reasons with the landlord. So if I go HPS, I'm gonna have to really do my homework as far as ventilation goes.

But man.....I sure would love to see what extreme LST I could put on these girls with some serious HPS wattage. That might be more fun than this grow is now!

Top Bottom