Introducing Scynce LED Grow Lights

• Thread starter ScynceLED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ace9137

Ace9137

North American companies can't compete in that market.
Unfortunately the business model in the states is so short term, no long term insulation. I am a huge fan of my Country, and I would love to see that market for my fellow Americans open up. Industry in this nation is just so short sighted. I could see some healthy profits for a company that could do that. Especially one that uses forums like this as a focus group, thousands of dollars worth of data that could really help a company...wink,wink....hint,hint.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks for the honest and kind retort. Yes, we do offer a 5 year warranty and it helps that our lights are completely sealed. As I said, we have spent a lot of time and money on testing partners, usually to no avail. I am more than happy to work with some of the more respected members of this (forum) community but that's when the tables get turned and I will need help vetting out who that could be. As an example, we already got a phone call (from whom I won't mention) asking about us letting them trial our lights in a very unfriendly and presumptive manner. This type of attitude is not conducive to a productive outcome. How would the community recommend we engage in a positive manner with the right cultivator that will give honest unbiased results based on a true side-by-side where all other variables are controlled for? Who might that be?
I could start listing names and throwing some of your growers under the bus but I'd rather not do that. I think the mods have a good idea of who around here are not gonna grab a light and bail and have the room and ability to provide a good side by side. Probably not best done publicly.

@logic @Jack og @1diesel1 @Rootbound can you help the man out?

ScynceLED

ScynceLED

Scynce.Head
Supporter
considering the majority here are private and not commercial growers this light is really out of our league. If someone can come up with a cost effective LED, without features that mean nothing to plants,then yes, we are going to be jaded. We grow and smoke for the final result, not to sell.
I hear you. We have to design for commercial to have a viable company. There are good and affordable DIY options that aren't worth competing against. That said, we also have a scratch & dent and Refurb section of our online store that has 30%+ off retail pricing to better serve the home grower market. Plus they still come with a 3 year warranty.

In the long run, the volume of sales on the commercial side will drive down prices and fund future development on how to bring the interesting features of this technology into a purpose built home grower option. On the flip side, we do have many home growers who like the wireless (app based) controls of recipes, be that timing, intensity or spectrum tuning.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

HLG is a North American company and is competing just fine in this market. They are super transparent also. Nice to be able to buy from them for DIY fixtures for less than a dollar a watt for top of the line led tech.
Yeah still higher end, although they do have some smaller kits etc. The Chinese knocks off are definitely a problem there but they seem to be doing well.

Comparing the 550 vs this fixture price wise is what I'm thinking. I think @Ace9137 was referring more to the Amazon mars and others

Ace9137

Ace9137

HLG is a North American company and is competing just fine in this market. They are super transparent also. Nice to be able to buy from them for DIY fixtures for less than a dollar a watt for top of the line led tech.
They are still expensive, I like what they have, just the price is poison to me.

Ace9137

Ace9137

Yeah still higher end, although they do have some smaller kits etc. The Chinese knocks off are definitely a problem there but they seem to be doing well.

Comparing the 550 vs this fixture price wise is what I'm thinking. I think @Ace9137 was referring more to the Amazon mars and others
The majority of growers are people who are price conscious and want to be able to have a long term investment. I don't mind spending my money on something that is useful, and will last a reasonable amount of time, I honestly avoid that market anymore, Amazon is just a no go when it comes to anything. Just remember, the reason people go with the knock offs is price, then they fail when we ignore the quality, my responsibility is to my wallet to keep a roof over my head, I am what is called a hobby grower, or a personal grower, I grow in a 4X4 tent, no bells and whistles, if I grew peppers and tomatoes and all sorts of flowers indoors, I still wouldn't need something elaborate, just something that works. Imagine the simplicity of a market such as that, and then how you could undercut everyone else.

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Thanks for the honest and kind retort. Yes, we do offer a 5 year warranty and it helps that our lights are completely sealed. As I said, we have spent a lot of time and money on testing partners, usually to no avail. I am more than happy to work with some of the more respected members of this (forum) community but that's when the tables get turned and I will need help vetting out who that could be. As an example, we already got a phone call (from whom I won't mention) asking about us letting them trial our lights in a very unfriendly and presumptive manner. This type of attitude is not conducive to a productive outcome. How would the community recommend we engage in a positive manner with the right cultivator that will give honest unbiased results based on a true side-by-side where all other variables are controlled for? Who might that be?
Sometimes using a smaller cultivator that is more personal works better then know it alls. I found this to be the case when I owned and operated a salt water aquarium store. I had some LED lights designed and built for my shop. I chose 2 people to test them. One was a large part time business that called himself a hobbiest, the other was just a hobbiest with 2 smaller tanks. Needless to say the little guy provided great feedback and results while the other just wanted to tell me how to do it his way.

ScynceLED

ScynceLED

Scynce.Head
Supporter
1) there is a HUGE difference between lights for vehicles and lights for growing.
2)
if you are using "Science", you would be going by this and not the market.
3)Yet, no demonstration, no proof, only claims.
4)Laughing....just making the point that really no "science" here, just opinion.
5)"Here's non-published scientific analysis on reds at the end of the flowering cycle: https://www.maximumyield.com/how-minerals-and-light-affect-terpene-production/2/17531"<<<<<<This is not "science"...this called an opinion piece. Maybe if the document was from Phillips, or science direct I could get on board.

My points, the reason that I am saying anything that sounds like being an A-hole, may be on the matter of I am a consumer, which means, one day I will invest. I have no hatred or animosity, it sure does "feel" like your company does not respect the consumer, whether that is true or not is subjective on both parts. Going from one field to another isn't just about making money, most companies fail when they focus on the money instead of the product. I was in sales, I lost my job years ago for telling my boss that our quality is shoddy and needs improvement.....by the way that company is no longer in business. @logic this is not flamming or trolling....I look at these posts, and it just blows my mind that companies get away with this, this why I, as well as others have been duped. Do you care more about the business or do you care about your fellow stoner. Anyways, ban me then, If a company or another can not handle criticism of any form, especially when it is presenting unsubstantiated claims. Instead of talk, show us the results, demonstrate, then make a presentation.........otherwise, if not me, someone else will step up and do the same, will you also ban them?
Regarding #5, I already self proclaimed that it was a non-published scientific analysis. Yes it's opinion, but by a NASA scientist. Unfortunately there is little to no true (published) research on most cannabis topics so we need to listen to the science community and push for more studies. Here are some other examples of red light & spectrum published and pseudo studies:
-
-
-
-

visajoe1

visajoe1

1) there is a HUGE difference between lights for vehicles and lights for growing.
2)
if you are using "Science", you would be going by this and not the market.
3)Yet, no demonstration, no proof, only claims.
4)Laughing....just making the point that really no "science" here, just opinion.
5)"Here's non-published scientific analysis on reds at the end of the flowering cycle: https://www.maximumyield.com/how-minerals-and-light-affect-terpene-production/2/17531"<<<<<<This is not "science"...this called an opinion piece. Maybe if the document was from Phillips, or science direct I could get on board.

My points, the reason that I am saying anything that sounds like being an A-hole, may be on the matter of I am a consumer, which means, one day I will invest. I have no hatred or animosity, it sure does "feel" like your company does not respect the consumer, whether that is true or not is subjective on both parts. Going from one field to another isn't just about making money, most companies fail when they focus on the money instead of the product. I was in sales, I lost my job years ago for telling my boss that our quality is shoddy and needs improvement.....by the way that company is no longer in business. @logic this is not flamming or trolling....I look at these posts, and it just blows my mind that companies get away with this, this why I, as well as others have been duped. Do you care more about the business or do you care about your fellow stoner. Anyways, ban me then, If a company or another can not handle criticism of any form, especially when it is presenting unsubstantiated claims. Instead of talk, show us the results, demonstrate, then make a presentation.........otherwise, if not me, someone else will step up and do the same, will you also ban them?
no one forced you to click the link in the forum did they? perhaps you just felt the need to vent. thanks for your input though, however unhelpful it was. cheers bud, happy growing

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I have a friend / client that is utilizing my light duty 4x4 Grow Racks with your lights. He seems to be very impressed and has done a lot of research on the various commercial led light fixtures available as well as venturing out and creating his own. I turned him on to a partner of mine who he was initially impressed with but they lacked any practical testing data as they are still a small outfit trying to break into the market. However he seemed very confident that your product is ideal for his application in my small commercial Grow Racks. I look forward to seeing his progress as he is building out over the next few months. I am currently using a FGI fixture in my setup and have been very pleased. It was given to me to test out so full disclosure that I might be a little biased. Anyhow I like what you’re doing and hopefully we can at some point work together as our markets are very closely related. You’re free to reach out at info@thegrowingrack.com if you’re interested or @thegrowingrack on IG.

ScynceLED

ScynceLED

Scynce.Head
Supporter
I have a friend / client that is utilizing my light duty 4x4 Grow Racks with your lights. He seems to be very impressed and has done a lot of research on the various commercial led light fixtures available as well as venturing out and creating his own. I turned him on to a partner of mine who he was initially impressed with but they lacked any practical testing data as they are still a small outfit trying to break into the market. However he seemed very confident that your product is ideal for his application in my small commercial Grow Racks. I look forward to seeing his progress as he is building out over the next few months. I am currently using a FGI fixture in my setup and have been very pleased. It was given to me to test out so full disclosure that I might be a little biased. Anyhow I like what you’re doing and hopefully we can at some point work together as our markets are very closely related. You’re free to reach out at info@thegrowingrack.com if you’re interested or @thegrowingrack on IG.
I will definitely reach out via other channels.
Thanks for the insight as I wasn't aware of your company. Looks interesting though. I'll check it out deeper and have my colleague in Portland, Grant, reach out. Glad to hear your friends is happy and there might be some friendly competition 😉

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Competition? I think our products compliment each other very well. I don’t offer lights currently just partners who offer them. I have some info on my site about their products as they work well with our vertical racking systems as does any 4x4 footprint commercial grow led fixture such as yours. Our Grow Racks allow you to use vertical space to grow to double or triple your canopy without expanding your building or footprint.

Welcome to the farm btw :)

ScynceLED

ScynceLED

Scynce.Head
Supporter
Competition? I think our products compliment each other very well. I don’t offer lights currently just partners who offer them. I have some info on my site about their products as they work well with our vertical racking systems as does any 4x4 footprint commercial grow led fixture such as yours. Our Grow Racks allow you to use vertical space to grow to double or triple your canopy without expanding your building or footprint.

Welcome to the farm btw :)
By competition I was referencing your "bias" 😁 looking forward to chatting and exploring further.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
By competition I was referencing your "bias" 😁 looking forward to chatting and exploring further.

Ahh gotcha. Yeah it was just a free sample that I’ve been using. I’ve gotten a couple of them and this is the one I’ve liked the most so far. But I’m paying close attention to the new setup of my buddies and will check in on his progress as the build out continues. He seems sold on your lights though which for me personally goes a long way. He’s constantly playing with new lights and optimizing his setup so it’s nice to see it without having to fork over my own money to conduct the tests, heh.

visajoe1

visajoe1

I dont know all the capabilities of the spectrum tuning on these units. To me, it just seems they can potentially set themselves apart with their patent pending lens and app combination. It seems plausible the company can build the app to allow an end user to choose a "sunlight" profile of a given part of the globe. Growing a Thai variety? Use the SE Asian light spectrum its genetically accustomed to. Growing an OG? Use the SoCal spectrum.
Bring Humboldt county to your warehouse by choosing that spectrum.

Grow room control has been around for a hot minute (humidity/temp/co2/etc). Choosing the sunlight from the part of the world you want is unheard of?

ScynceLED

ScynceLED

Scynce.Head
Supporter
It seems plausible the company can build the app to allow an end user to choose a "sunlight" profile of a given part of the globe.
Have you been hacking our R&D team's notes?
J/K but that will become a reality soon. It will take the full-power spectrum tuning I discussed earlier in this thread, but yes, definitely possible. Look for this early next year!

visajoe1

visajoe1

Have you been hacking our R&D team's notes?
J/K but that will become a reality soon. It will take the full-power spectrum tuning I discussed earlier in this thread, but yes, definitely possible. Look for this early next year!
Sweet!! Good luck guys!

Top Bottom