Iranian autoflower (outdoor 2010)

• Thread starter scrapiron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

scrapiron

scrapiron you harvested too soon bro
It sure appeared to be filling in bud sites before the chop....anyway you made the executive decision
its only one plant.

Yea, she was filling in on the bud sites. But the single blade leaves were just shooting out of everywhere, at a faster rate than the bud was filling in. It was ruining what bud I did have. If you look closely at the cola pic, the bud has more leaf stems than flower. Makes for harsher smoke. I hate this last plant ended that way, but there was no way to control ambient light on a plant that big. My mistake, because going into this thing I had no clue what the difference in Auto Flower and Early Flower was. Lesson learned, and now we will do it the right way! ;) That last pic I posted will be the next one. I just want to stretch her 1 more time and then we will flower her. Plus, since she is in a pot I can squeeze in about 3 more hours of direct sunlight. It should take about 2 weeks and I will start to flower it.
I have a few more in the bush that are gettin pretty close. This is some potent smoke! Heavy Indica stone to it. I was pleasently suprised! Great for appetite, insomnia, restlessness, or just to leave reality for a while! I cought myself watching the channel guide on tv for 45 minutes. :dull

greenjoe

greenjoe

iranian G-13

Nice scrapiron....so you said previosly that if you leave it in the sun for up to 10hrs of direct sunlight,they can grow big?. Mine get sun from sunrise to sunset now. So lets say at the first week of august i put them(well maybe half of them) in shaded area with maybe 2-4 hrs of direct sun,they will start to go into flowering. Then i can harvest sometime in mid sept?or is flowering as speedy as growth?..............I am starting to move one of mu og kush into flowering...another story and method on that strain for sure i guess
Thanks and nice pics

So just how big can these grow and how much yield is possible under right conditions you think?

S

scrapiron

Whats up greenjoe.. Yea, my experience so far is the sun dictates size. I have 3 out in the edge of the woods, at first they were getting about 7 hours of direct sun. A big tree fell in a storm and blocked about 3 hours of the daily sun, and they went straight into flower and didnt strech any. The ones that still get 8+ hours look way better. As far as weight, I guarantee I could have gotten a quarter pound off the plant in this thread. However the photoperiod was manipulated. Straight from seed in the bush, about 3 ounces for straight Iranian. I am sure you will get more with the G-13's. Speaking of, how are they doing? Once you hit week 3 of veg get ready for insane growth.

The damn Temps here have been mid 90's for 3 weeks now. Really slowing growth down. No rain and blazing heat. Not to mention I have taken hit after hit. This has been the season from hell so far...

greenjoe

greenjoe

iranian g-13

Hey northone....well ya i was hoping......i think i will try it with just one plant...i'll let it go until the end of july then bring it inside for 12hrs until it stays 12-12 outside,want to try a few experiments, also i put a OG KUSH into a too small of a pot, so its not really growing more and i don't want it get root rot, and i am putting that in a 12-12

I must say scrapiron, you were right, they,the iranian g13's do put on a nice growth burst

G

george

iranian auto/g13

I bought both this year and only plant outside. The shorts were supposed to be 18"-24".Looks like they will be bigger. a few g-13's in the bush. the rest in my backyard, in mother earth. Add compost and manure and it is perfect. I tried bubba kush, last year, stone was great, but weather was the wettest in 50 years.
Put the shorts in a raised bed with only 1.5 ft of soil, so far they are right on schedule. 50 ft from a side walk.
the g-13's will be behind a 5 ft wall of compost for cover.Left 1 in pot ,already flowering , should be done in 30-35 days. started on the window sill. hate lights, also switched to all feminized. Best spring in 30 years, payback time I hope, after last year.
good luck, I will load some pictures soon. Take 1 every week.

greenjoe

greenjoe

I don't get it...how come georges g-13 are flowering...it;s still june15-16hrs of light...i just put mine in soil in the beginning of june....does that mean they will start to flower? I hope not because i will get 1 gram a plant.....so i'm not knowledgeable with this strain can someone explain please........

G

george

Strain-Iranian
Day-35 from seed
Fertilizer-None. Will be starting A.N. Connoisseur soon, supplimented with Hi-Yield Iron.
Other Facts-This plant was started very early in the season. The temps have averaged 70-75 for the highs and 40-45 lows. So, kinda on the cool side at night. Also, she took a small hit at about day 5. These 2 factors will keep me on the low side of the scale when it comes to finished product. I still expect close to 3 oz's.

Right now she is standing at 31" tall. 10 node's. I guess thats all, if there is anything I missed just ask!

i have one in a pot that is flowering nicely, i found the leaves of the ones not in flower have a lighter shade of green, i wonder if it is because it gets more sun and fertilizer?

greenjoe

greenjoe

i have one in a pot that is flowering nicely, i found the leaves of the ones not in flower have a lighter shade of green, i wonder if it is because it gets more sun and fertilizer?

Mine also are 2 types of green...some are dark green,and some light green.....2 have just stopped growing altogether now it seems???....all are getting 8-10 hrs of direct sun, all are watered the same and feed the same...

S

scrapiron

Dont feel bad greenjoe. We have had extreme heat and no rain for over a month. All my IAF's have slowed. They def like cooler temps.

greenjoe

greenjoe

My iranian g-13 3 leafer is no more...i don't think she will even survive...RIP

S

scrapiron

Well northone, I appreciate that cold front you sent me from Canada. It got our temps under 90 for 3 days anyway! Now share some of that rain. Its been 5 weeks with none. The creek where I get water is so shallow, I cant even fill a 1 gallon container anymore. Its been a weird summer so far. All of the plots I have cared about, watered, and watched have all had some kind of natural disaster. Yet, all the bagseed plots that I could care less about, are all just thriving! I checked on a old sativa hybrid I put out in early spring. She was a mom from last winter. Anyway, she is around 10 feet high and bushy. Very nice 2 pounder!

G

george

potted outdoors

this is the only plant,that is close to the 2ft it says,by the doc. The other 4 in raised beds 2.5 ft apart are closer to 4 ft. buds are dense and 2-3 weeks and the potted one is finished.

D

digging

I am considering this strain for next year, so I am doing my homework now.

Can you start the Iranian Short Season Indoor first?

How long would it be possible to grow indoor before putting them outdoor?

Will Growing them indoor first, reduce their end yield or improve them?

If they can be grown indoor first would T5 lighting be sufficient? If so how high above the plants can T5's be placed with the Iranian short season?

If these were grown indoors under 24 hour lights before putting them outside, would this help, and would this extend their 90 day growing time as what I would like to do is grow them inside say for a month (April) under the required 24 hour light and then place them outside May and harvest in August. Is this possible?

Does the Iranian Short Season respond well to nutrients? If so what, how much and how often.

Thanks so much to anyone who answers my questions. I think this strain is perfect to prevent detection from both the cops and rippers by harvesting before September when the eradication choppers are flying and rippers prowling.

S

scrapiron

100_0594.JPG

100_05961.JPG

S

scrapiron

Here is some bud shots. The resin production is way down due to the heat and no rain. This plant has about 3 more weeks to go. We have had 100 degree temps everyday for weeks now. Finally got an inch and a half of rain.... but it fell in about 15 minutes and didnt get to soak in!. I have pulled the plug on all outdoors for the year. 2010 outdoor has been my worst in a long time. Guess ya gotta take the good with the bad sometimes. No biggie. Anyway I am going to get some info up in the next week or 2 before harvesting this last plant.

S

scrapiron

greenjoe, you still with us? Hows your girls doing?

northone, Glad to hear you are having an above average year. You deserve it for all the help you have given us! Thanks again.

digging, From the questions you asked, it sounds like you are on the right track. In the spring, dont be scared of cool weather. 38-40 degrees at night will not bother these girls at all. However, starting them inside is fine. Transplant young. Keep under 24 hour lighting. Once the plant is about a month old, any changes in environment can/will cause flowering to start. This worsens as they get older, so keep that in mind when you put them outside.

J

joekush

as far as I know photoperiod has nothing to do with flowering it just knows after a certain time to flower that's why they can flower under 24 hrs of light but I could be wrong ill look it. up and get back to you.

S

stefanMarinkovi

Newbie bigginer need help much apppreciated

Strain-Iranian
Day-35 from seed
Fertilizer-None. Will be starting A.N. Connoisseur soon, supplimented with Hi-Yield Iron.
Other Facts-This plant was started very early in the season. The temps have averaged 70-75 for the highs and 40-45 lows. So, kinda on the cool side at night. Also, she took a small hit at about day 5. These 2 factors will keep me on the low side of the scale when it comes to finished product. I still expect close to 3 oz's.

Right now she is standing at 31" tall. 10 node's. I guess thats all, if there is anything I missed just ask!

Since this is my first time growing i really don't want to screw up my plants as far as that goes so i got a couple question for you

1 after i germinate my plants and put them in the soil can i put them outside in the sun right away or should i keep it inside under a led or cfl light ( please specify)

2 how often should i water it in all stages seedling vegetative full mature ( schedual would be nice )

3 any tips on preventing fungus or insects on the plants without using any pesticides ( i want to stay completly natural and it not allowed in my city I now it sounds stupid but its hard to find and expensiv)

4 Can i clone this plant i heard from other people that you can't clone auto flowering plants dono why just did :S

5. Any curing tips like i heard you can hang them in a dark room and have two fans on the buds for like 5 days rotate them ocasionally. After the five day put them in glass vacume seeled jars and occasionally open place buds to on papers and vent the jars.

6 .should i make a journal ? im growing about 11 plants

S

scrapiron

stefan 1. Sure, put them in the sun. What country are you in? 2. As far as watering, I check the weight of the pot. If the pot is heavy, no water. If it is light, needs water. Easy as that! 3. Watch your humidity and temps. 4. Yes you can clone. Keep clones on 24 hour lighting untill you are ready to flower. I kept a couple clones for 2 months in veg with no problem. Iranian is a early flower, not auto flower. 5. Cool dark room, DO NOT put fan directly on buds. They will dry too fast and lose their scent. Point the fan at a wall, you just want to keep the air moving. 6. Hell yea make a journal. That way if you get in trouble, everyone can give you some pointers. Good Luck Bro!

Top Bottom